• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Samos

egbert

Roland of Gilead
Time of past OR future Camino
French,Portuguese
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a bus from either Santiago or Lugo to Samos?

Regards,
Eg.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I found this on another website. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but with so many people starting in Sarria/Samos I am sure you can get there, even if you have to hire a taxi.

About travelling from Santiago to Sarria, yes, you need about three hours because you have to wait between one and other. You have to take Freire bus from Santiago to Lugo. And then, from Lugo to Sarria, you have to go with Monbús bus. Here there are the phone numbers you may need:

· Santiago's bus station: 981 542 416
· Lugo's bus station: 982 223 985
· Freire buses enterprise: 981 588 111
· Monbús buses enterprise: 982 254 040
· Sarria's bus station: 982 532 620

(I edited out my suggestion to take a taxi after Sil's post. I then found a post that said the taxis charge around 1 Euro per kilometer. That's good info to file away. Thanks Sil.)

In 2007 a taxi from Santiago to Sarria cost my husband €120 - one way.
It would be cheaper to get the bus to Lugo and then get a taxi from there to Samos.
There is a bus from Sarria to Samos (going to Piedrafita via Tricastela) every weekday at 18h00 and on Saturdays at 14h20

Check the times out here:
http://www.guiadesarria.com/modules.php ... ransportes

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is a train station in Samos, where does the train from here go to, is it Santiago?
Also is it possible to get to madrid from here or do we need to go to Sarria.
Thanks for your help

There is a train station in Samos, where does the train from here go to, is it Santiago?
Also is it possible to get to madrid from here or do we need to go to Sarria.
Thanks for your help

Renfe (train) website does not indicate any service to or from Samos.

Empresa Monforte (Monbus) offers bus service between Sarria and Pedrafita do Cebreiro including Samos, once daily (info not checked for weekends) in each direction. Note Pedrafita is a town not to be confused with Pedrafita do Cebreiro.

If your destination is Madrid, you can catch an ALSA bus at Piedrafita do Cebreiro (note the different spelling). The ALSA bus goes to Ponferrada where you can catch a train to Madrid, or continue with ALSA.

Gonzalez de la Riva provides bus service from Pedrafita do Cebreiro to Ponferrada where it terminates. You can get the Gonzalez schedule from the Consello de Pedrafita (yes, the afore mentioned town) website.

Or you can catch the morning bus to Sarria and either take Monbus to Monforte de Lemos to catch train or wait in Sarria for the limited train service from there to Madrid.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you so much for your reply, a book I have indicates that there is a train station in Samos and I would like to find out where it goes out of curiosity. On Wicklopedia? I think, it says that it goes to Monforte de Lemos.
I think what we will do is get the bus or walk the 10km to Sarria and get the train from there to Madrid at 11:30. You don't happen to know who operates the bus between Samos and Sarria and/or what time the morning
bus goes from Sarria do You? Thanks you again for your help.

Thank you so much for your reply, a book I have indicates that there is a train station in Samos and I would like to find out where it goes out of curiosity. On Wicklopedia? I think, it says that it goes to Monforte de Lemos.
I think what we will do is get the bus or walk the 10km to Sarria and get the train from there to Madrid at 11:30. You don't happen to know who operates the bus between Samos and Sarria and/or what time the morning
bus goes from Sarria do You? Thanks you again for your help.

Google earth shows no indication there ever was a train track within 10 km of Samos.

Concello de Samos autobuses information
http://www.concellodesamos.com/concello/autobuses.php

Empresa Monforte (Monbus)
http://www.monbus.es/es

Thank You so much for your help, much appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Samos question - if I start my journey in Samos and by unavoidable circumstances will arrive at 8pm and miss Vespers (and likely miss a tour the next day) is it still worth staying in the town?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back