• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to SJPdP from Biarritz...arriving too late for EB

YoCo

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Aug 2018 Frances
I've been looking at many transportation threads but haven't seen, or missed, BUS options to SJPdP from Biarritz.

I get in too late to use EB (I've emailed them)and last time I checked the trains from Bayonne don't leave that late.

I arrive at 18:50 to Biarritz airport on a Thurs.

I've considered staying in either Biarritz or Bayonne but want to check this option as well.

What bus transportation, if any, might leave at that time from Biarritz to St John?

Thank you very much!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You'll miss last train unfortunately (18:30) on Thursday and there is bus only when they are repairing the RR as a substitute for train. I suggest either EB, taxi or even better stay in Bayonne for the night, enjoy the town and dinner and take morning train. The earliest is 07:40 I think. Spend a day in SJPdP or start walking to Orisson/Valcarlos or even to Roncesvalles if you feel fit enough and weather permits on the same day.

Buen Camino!

I've been looking at many transportation threads but haven't seen, or missed, BUS options to SJPdP from Biarritz.

I get in too late to use EB (I've emailed them)and last time I checked the trains from Bayonne don't leave that late.

I arrive at 18:50 to Biarritz airport on a Thurs.

I've considered staying in either Biarritz or Bayonne but want to check this option as well.

What bus transportation, if any, might leave at that time from Biarritz to St John?

Thank you very much!

@YoCo I'm pretty sure there is a later train from Bayonne during Summer - the SNCF website lists one at 21:10. You should therefore have plenty of time to take a local bus or taxi from Biarritz Airport to Bayonne station (Gare de Bayonne), buy your ticket and then while away the waiting time with something cool in a nearby bar!

(If there are works on the line to Saint Jean, the rail company will put on replacement buses at the same time as the trains would run, but at present the timetables are showing trains - not sure when exactly you are arriving).

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@YoCo I'm pretty sure there is a later train from Bayonne during Summer - the SNCF website lists one at 21:10. You should therefore have plenty of time to take a local bus or taxi from Biarritz Airport to Bayonne station (Gare de Bayonne), buy your ticket and then while away the waiting time with something cool in a nearby bar!

(If there are works on the line to Saint Jean, the rail company will put on replacement buses at the same time as the trains would run, but at present the timetables are showing trains - not sure when exactly you are arriving).

Buen Camino!
The OP is coming on Thursday in Biarritz and there's no 21:10 train on Thursdays.

Maybe you should read OP more carefully and also previous responses before you respond. All of your content has been already posted.
But I think OP is still grateful for your post :)

The OP is coming on Thursday in Biarritz and there's no 21:10 train on Thursdays.

Maybe you should read OP more carefully and also previous responses before you respond. All of your content has been already posted.
But I think OP is still grateful for your post :)

Ummm - KinkyOne I did read the OP and your previous posts, thanks for the tip ;). There's really no need for the snarky and unpleasant comment about my post. I posted because you gave an incorrect reply to the OP. I also read that she is coming on "a Thurs" - she didn't say which Thursday, not that it matters.

I am not sure which site you are looking at, but I have looked at the SNCF timetables just now (here https://www.ter.sncf.com/nouvelle-aquitaine and here https://www.sncf.com/fr) and there is a 21:10 train showing for this Thursday (and the next several Thursdays). I've also checked some third party sites as well as the official SNCF ones, and all mention a 21:10 train on Thursdays. If you can direct me to a source that says that there is no 21:10 train on Thursdays, that would be great. :)

Have a very lovely day. :):)

Last edited:
Ummm - KinkyOne I did read the OP and your previous posts, thanks for the tip ;). There's really no need for the snarky and unpleasant comment about my post. I posted because you gave an incorrect reply to the OP. I also read that she is coming on "a Thurs" - she didn't say which Thursday, not that it matters.

I am not sure which site you are looking at, but I have looked at the SNCF timetables just now (here https://www.ter.sncf.com/nouvelle-aquitaine and here https://www.sncf.com/fr) and there is a 21:10 train showing for this Thursday (and the next several Thursdays). I've also checked some third party sites as well as the official SNCF ones, and all mention a 21:10 train on Thursdays. If you can direct me to a source that says that there is no 21:10 train on Thursdays, that would be great. :)

Have a very lovely day. :):)
Huh, sorry, I have kind of very good memory and I remember she was asking (in another thread) for August 30th, Thursday: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sncf-contradictions-bayonne-accom.56718/).
I didn't want to be snarky and by all means not unpleasant but obviously I had (knew) more info about the question ;)
Check out and you'll see that my reply to OP is correct.

Over here I'm just having a very lovely night, thanks :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Huh, sorry, I have kind of very good memory and I remember she was asking (in another thread) for August 30th, Thursday: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sncf-contradictions-bayonne-accom.56718/).
I didn't want to be snarky and by all means not unpleasant but obviously I had (knew) more info about the question ;)
Check out and you'll see that my reply to OP is correct.

Over here I'm just having a very lovely night, thanks :)

Thank you @KinkyOne - obviously I did not have that information as the OP did not mention which Thursday, and your reply to me seemed to refer to all Thursdays (in fact you seemed to believe she was travelling this Thursday, as you said "on Thursday"). If you had that information I'm not sure why you didn't share it, but never mind.:rolleyes: And yes you are correct - as I said in my first post, there is a 21:10 train in Summer and it runs this Thursday and the next few. On 26th August SNCF changes to its Winter timetable and the 21:10 train runs Fridays only only after that. Thank you for providing me with the information you had and I did not, when I spent some time trying to work out why you were so adamant (and yes, sorry, unpleasant) in your comment that "all of my content" had already been posted, which it had not.

I'm tempted to just delete my earlier post but whatever - I'll leave it there as illustration of the importance of being psychic when responding to posts....

To @YoCo - ignore my post, if it's the 30th you arrive KinkyOne is right and I'm wrong, there isn't a train after 18:30 that day.

Sigh.... Going back to work now (it's day here - I think - hard to tell sometimes....)

I'm tempted to just delete my earlier post but whatever - I'll leave it there as illustration of the importance of being psychic when responding to posts...
By all means leave it there. It's a sign how we can work things together if we are patient and nice to each other. Hopefully ;)

I know I could sound cranky/snarky/grumpy sometimes but that's not what I am really. I just know a lot about Caminos and Spain and history etc. and sometimes I get in that mood for a moment when I think people didn't do their "homework".

Wish you stressful day at the work and to @YoCo that she'll get her transport issues solved.

Boštjan

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Love it!

So thankful for really detailed help!

Too bad I'm missing the summer schedule . A dollar short & a day late as they say.

I do like the part of getting something cool at the bar

I have stayed overnight in Bayonne - used the hotel Cote Basque near the railway station. Bayonne is a lovely town on a summer evening, I suggest walking south over the river to the cathedral - lots of nice bars and cafes.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Love it!

So thankful for really detailed help!

Too bad I'm missing the summer schedule . A dollar short & a day late as they say.

I do like the part of getting something cool at the bar
There you go. Bayonne is a little gem little people know about. Enjoy!!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back