• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus tours of Finisterre and Muxia

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I suggest you get together with a few other pilgrims and book your own taxi from Santiago.
The driver can pick you up on your own schedule.
Have him drive you to Finisterra and wait while you explore the lighthouse.
Have him then take you to Muxia and wait while you explore and have lunch.
Have him drive you back to Santiago.
Around 100-130 Euros - split between 3-4 pilgrims, quite affordable and more personal.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I suggest you get together with a few other pilgrims and book your own taxi from Santiago.
The driver can pick you up on your own schedule.
Have him drive you to Finisterra and wait while you explore the lighthouse.
Have him then take you to Muxia and wait while you explore and have lunch.
Have him drive you back to Santiago.
Around 100-130 Euros - split between 3-4 pilgrims, quite affordable and more personal.
Since I've been to both Finisterre and Muxía I really enjoyed taking the bus tour that also stopped at local sites that I've never seen before.

Which tour operator? We are 2 days out.
I really don't remember. There were several with flyers on the plaza by the Cathedral, and we went with one of them.

Most of the tours are very similar.
Here are a couple

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We are looking for a tour bus for this area and would appreciate any suggestions.
We went with Galicia Travels and it was excellent. Quite a long day that also takes in some other lovely local places. Our tour guide was Alexis a very personable young man who gave us just the right amount of information. If you are walking in to Santiago on the Frances then you will pass there office on the way in.

Since I've been to both Finisterre and Muxía I really enjoyed taking the bus tour that also stopped at local sites that I've never seen before.
You can have your taxi driver stop at the same sites and not be on a crowded bus, and go at your own pace. I just don't care for bus tours :)

I did the same - all day bus tour to Finisterre, Muxia, Costa Da Morte, and four other stops. I believe it was with Galicia Travels. Full day, yes, but it was very well done, I never felt rushed or crowded and, at 39 euros for the day it was money well spent. The bus picked me up no more than a block away from my hotel, it was very comfortable, not at all full, and this was in early June. You certainly wouldn't have the crowds at this time of year! Thoroughly enjoyable day! Here's a link: https://www.getyourguide.com/santiago-de-compostela-l153/from-santiago-de-compostela-costa-da-morte-day-trip-t254852/?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
When I did the tour with my friend in 2019 I had a few more days before returning home than she did and planned to walk between Finisterre and Muxía.

The tour company let us leave the tour in Finisterre, where we spent the night. The next day they allowed my friend to pick up the tour where she left off and continue on to Muxía and back to Santiago, while I set off walking to Muxía.

While in Finisterre we went on a sunset boat tour that goes out to the point

We are looking for a tour bus for this area and would appreciate any suggestions.
We were thinking about the bus tours too but some members of this forum suggested the we rented a car. We decided to rent a car from the Santiago airport at the last minute. It was a good decision. The car rental was less than 40€ and we had the freedom to explore Pontevedra, Cambarro and all the way to Finisterre and Muxia. We kept the car rental overnight and returned it the next day when we took the flight to Madrid. I hope that this helps some members who plan to explore outside Santiago after their long Camino.

I really don't remember. There were several with flyers on the plaza by the Cathedral, and we went with one of them.

Most of the tours are very similar.
Here are a couple

We used Get Your Guide in late September for a bus tour of the Costa de Morte and it was a wonderful day.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back