• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus/train from Biarritz to SJPDP

weiho

Wei Ho
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances , September/October 2018
Dear all!

I will arrive Biarritz airport on 18th Sept at 16:55. I wonder if I will have enough time to reach Sant Jean that evening. Any information of bus, train services is highly appreciated! If there are people travel to Sant Jean at the same time, I would be more than happy to share taxi with them.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I f you do not mind spending more to get there faster, consider hiring a taxi at the airport. As you leave, talk up anyone with a backpack, see if they are going to SJPP and care to share a cab? It will not take long to find 3 Pilgrims. The cost is 100 euro plus or minus for the cab, but likely plus, so 25 to 30 euro split 4 ways.

Chronoplus local bus to Bayonne station ("gare"). Train at 18:30 hs., arrive 19:36.

To get to Bayonne Gare in time for the 18:30 train you will need to catch the 17:35 Chronobus "C" arriving at Réduit Boufflers at 18:06 then walk across the bridge (Pont Saint-Esprit) to the station, about 5-10 minutes. (There is an earlier bus at 17:17, but your flight would need to be early to have any hope of catching it.)

This is cutting it fine, so you could either try and organise a taxi share the whole way to SJPdP, as MichelleElynHogan suggests, or (my preference if there is time) take a (shared) taxi to Bayonne Gare and catch the train - it's a beautiful journey and you will meet a lot more pilgrims.

This is cutting it fine, so you could either try and organise a taxi share the whole way to SJPdP, as MichelleElynHogan suggests, or (my preference if there is time) take a (shared) taxi to Bayonne Gare and catch the train - it's a beautiful journey and you will meet a lot more pilgrims.

Yes, a taxi is just a taxi. Convenient and fast, yes.
On the other side, waiting for the bus, looking for my stop, crossing the bridge of this beautiful city, taking the (very cute) train, talking a bit with other "pilgrims-to-be", is part of the experience. It is not just about "getting to my starting point". But probably this is just me...

Attachments

• AAA-train.jpg
    AAA-train.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Yes, a taxi is just a taxi. Convenient and fast, yes.
On the other side, waiting for the bus, looking for my stop, crossing the bridge of this beautiful city, taking the (very cute) train, talking a bit with other "pilgrims-to-be", is part of the experience. It is not just about "getting to my starting point". But probably this is just me...
No, I feel just the same :)

I f you do not mind spending more to get there faster, consider hiring a taxi at the airport. As you leave, talk up anyone with a backpack, see if they are going to SJPP and care to share a cab? It will not take long to find 3 Pilgrims. The cost is 100 euro plus or minus for the cab, but likely plus, so 25 to 30 euro split 4 ways.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will try to find fellow pilgrims to share a taxi. If this can be arranged, it would be the best option

To get to Bayonne Gare in time for the 18:30 train you will need to catch the 17:35 Chronobus "C" arriving at Réduit Boufflers at 18:06 then walk across the bridge (Pont Saint-Esprit) to the station, about 5-10 minutes. (There is an earlier bus at 17:17, but your flight would need to be early to have any hope of catching it.)

Wonderful suggestion! If I can’t find people to share a taxi to Saint Jean, at least I can take a taxi to Bayonne Gare. This is very assuring! Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back