• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Bus/Train from Tui to O Porriño?

Tachi

Time of past OR future Camino
Kumano Kodo Nakahechi (June 2018)
Camino Portugues (May 2019)
Hey guys, I have limited time and want to go from Tui to Redondela in one day, but I don’t think I’m able to cover 30 Km walking (I did the Kumano Kodo last year and averaged a comfy 15Km a day, so 20 is already a stretch), plus I’ve heard the route from Tui through O Porriño is kind of urban and not that nice. So I was hoping to cut a few Km out with a bus or train.

I’ve seen various conflicting information; it seems like there’s a train that leaves twice a day from Tui, 11AM and 10PM, but some places seem to say it doesn’t run on the weekends, while others indicate that it does. (I would be doing this stage on a Sunday.) Can anyone confirm/deny if this is true? Also, is there any kind of public bus running from Tui to O Porriño? I couldn’t find any info. online.

Alternatively, can anyone estimate what the cost might be for taking a taxi from Tui to O Porriño? It’s about 15 Km/20 minute drive.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Got the timetable from the tourist office in Tui near the cathedral

Thanks, it’s good to hear that there’s a bus!

Do you happen to remember roughly what times it ran, and if it ran on Sundays?

It was a Thursday when we got it, about three in the afternoon. I will have a look through my Camino brochures, I may have kept it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just had a look on Monbus website, no service on a Sunday

Aw, dang. Well, the distance is short, so hopefully a taxi won’t be too expensive, even if the train isn’t running...

You could also try TuiTrans - they helped us with a transfer into Tui from Vigo airport. They are very reasonable and reliable. Susana is very helpful and they have an office in Tui

Hey guys, I have limited time and want to go from Tui to Redondela in one day, but I don’t think I’m able to cover 30 Km walking (I did the Kumano Kodo last year and averaged a comfy 15Km a day, so 20 is already a stretch), plus I’ve heard the route from Tui through O Porriño is kind of urban and not that nice. So I was hoping to cut a few Km out with a bus or train.

I’ve seen various conflicting information; it seems like there’s a train that leaves twice a day from Tui, 11AM and 10PM, but some places seem to say it doesn’t run on the weekends, while others indicate that it does. (I would be doing this stage on a Sunday.) Can anyone confirm/deny if this is true? Also, is there any kind of public bus running from Tui to O Porriño? I couldn’t find any info. online.

Alternatively, can anyone estimate what the cost might be for taking a taxi from Tui to O Porriño? It’s about 15 Km/20 minute drive.
You must only change the date = https://www.omio.com/search-frontend/results/1303804354/train?locale=en

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A taxi costs you about 30€ from Tui to Porriño
We are there now. Walked today
Terrible weather. Rain rain rain
We walked the detour along the Louro river. Nice walk. O Porriño is a horrible ugly place but by walking the detour you miss the biggest part of this town and arrive at a more rural path to the albergue of Mos of further on in Redondela

Attachments

• 25600C74-85C6-4329-9098-B44C25B3D0BA.jpeg
    25600C74-85C6-4329-9098-B44C25B3D0BA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • B84AEEFF-88A6-4909-AA28-3434E1887909.jpeg
    B84AEEFF-88A6-4909-AA28-3434E1887909.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Back