• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Villafranca to Triacastela

La Meredita

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2011 SJPdP to Finisterre
Hello! This will be my second time on the Camino Francés, but I have limited time and since I haven't been training and this is quite last minute, I'm wanting to start in Triacastela and go through SdC to Muxia. I was wondering:
I am getting a ride up on the way to Lugo- I could feasibly start transfers from Lugo, Ponferrada, or Villafranca.

Is there a bus from one of those places (pref. Villafranca) to Triacastela? I loved walking O Cebreiro last time but I am not physically up to that challenge and my time is restrictive. I also prefer just about anywhere to Sarria, so I'd like to spend as little time there as possible!

Any ideas or knowledge about a local bus I could take to Triacastela from the eastern side of the mountains?

Buen camino and thanks!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello! This will be my second time on the Camino Francés, but I have limited time and since I haven't been training and this is quite last minute, I'm wanting to start in Triacastela and go through SdC to Muxia. I was wondering:
I am getting a ride up on the way to Lugo- I could feasibly start transfers from Lugo, Ponferrada, or Villafranca.

Is there a bus from one of those places (pref. Villafranca) to Triacastela?...

There seems to be no bus from one of these places direct to Triacastela. However you could take an ALSA bus from Villafranca del Bierzo to Pedrafita do Cebreiro and then Falcons' bus mentioned above to Triacastela. By the way La Meredita are you my doppelganger ?

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for the input! I think it'll just be easier to go straight to Lugo with the rest of the car and bus down to Sarria. Maybe I will trek back from there to Triacastela, but maybe not! Thanks again, pilgrims!!!

Hello !I found this old conversation because I'm looking for the same transfer (from Villafranca to Triacastella) too! I'm checking on web about the two bus company: Alsa is ok but I din't find any information about Facon's Bus. It seems iT doesn't exist!! Can you help me to verify if this company still exist and makes the same transfer? If no you know alternative solution? Thanks a lot! Marco

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Falcon269! thanks for answer me ! Actually I alredy saw this pdf. But there are no other info ( for example web site, place to pick up the bus, price and where buy it) and I didn't find other info on the web! Are you sure it still works? Thanks again

The link is the website. Note that it is sarria.es. While municipalities may not maintain websites well, many things, bus schedules included, never change. The information is as gold as it gets.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back