• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buses along the way

Spretorius

Time of past OR future Camino
SJP
Hi. I am travelling with my husband on the Camino Frances. My knee is a little swollen and I want to try walk some of the route each day, but if I can’t make it, catch a bus to the end point. We are finding it hard to get information for the bus routes that run through the villages. Does anyone have any advice for this? Is it easier to get a taxi from somewhere along the way than connecting with buses? Beginning to think it is only possible to connect from major town to major town. We are currently in Logrono and will be heading to Ventosa and Azofra next.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When I walked the Camino in May/June this year there was a lack of accommodation in Atapuerca and the surrounding area. Pilgrims were being quoted 30/40 euros, taken from their credit cards in advance, for a taxi to come from Burgos to turn up and then whatever the cost of travel being extra.

Alsa is the main bus line, but many towns are also served by other bus companies. We often use Google Maps to look at connections. They may not have every bus company, but are often accurate about stops and times. It can take some sleuthing.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi. I am travelling with my husband on the Camino Frances. My knee is a little swollen and I want to try walk some of the route each day, but if I can’t make it, catch a bus to the end point. We are finding it hard to get information for the bus routes that run through the villages. Does anyone have any advice for this? Is it easier to get a taxi from somewhere along the way than connecting with buses? Beginning to think it is only possible to connect from major town to major town. We are currently in Logrono and will be heading to Ventosa and Azofra next.
This is the bus company to use between Logroño and Burgos.

Use the search function... have coins ready, card machine does not always work. Check where the stop is the night before...

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I’m out here right now - Camino Frances and finding I can’t do more than 15/20 K a day. Plan ahead as a taxi to/from these little towns usually cost @ 20/30 Euro. And that’s when I’m 10 K out from a big town. Ask the barkeeper to call a taxi and voila it appears. No problem everyone super friendly but they’re having a tough economy and gas is expensive so I’ve been paying 20/30 euros when needed. Vs bus service from big towns out around 2 euro but go only twice a day.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you.
When you get to Burgos go to the bus station, 5 mins from Cathedral, and take photos of all the timetables that cross the Meseta.

Be careful, October 1st (tomorrow) sees a change of many timetables to a more autumnal season ie, less busses... but "generally" there is one in the morning and one in the evening for local workers.

If you use the website rome2rio - you can put in the 2 points you want directions from-to... and it will give you all transportation options. But as others have said - there isn't always a bus in the smaller towns, if there is it may not be going the same direction, and/or the schedule may not work for you. Taxi on the other hand is more likely to be your method of transportation. I do suggest - at each town - evaluate whether or not you can continue walking before leaving the town. That way it is easier to tell at taxi where to pick you up. And also ensures you don't get stranded too far from the next town.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buses and taxis might solve one problem but not the core problem - what is the problem with your knee. Taking advantage of the health facilities in a city like Logrono might lead you to greater comfort than the intermittent facility of public transport.
I’ll venture that you’re not used to walking day upon day no matter the pre-Camino practice you’ve had. A day or two of rest ( as in rest, not sightseeing) may be all you need

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back