• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buses and Taxis along the way.

Jacqueline

Hi Everyone

I will commence my walk on 22 October and intend to walk the route described in John Brierley's Pilgrims Guide. A friend will be accompanying me but intends only to walk small sections and would like to take buses or taxis between the towns and villages named in the guide and we will meet up at the end of the day.

Can anyone provide me with some links or information about buses and taxis that would help me to plan this for my friend.

Gosh I am getting excited it's not long now.

Cheers
Jacqueline

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Jacqueline,

I don't think you will need to do a lot of advance planning here so long as your friend is willing to use both taxis and buses. Many pilgrims find they need or want to be transported from one place to another, and the options are several. First, you will find buses running between the bigger towns, e.g., Estella to Los Arcos and there will be stops in many of the smaller places as well. I don't know where you live, but most of us in the US are always pleasantly surprised (or shocked) to see how well connected these small out of the way towns are. You can always get up to date information on bus schedules at the albergues, in the tourist offices, or from residents.

If the bus schedules are bad or if you are in a smaller place without bus service, so long as the town has a bar you are likely to find a solution. The owner will either know who to call or offer his/her own services. In fact, I was once stranded on the Camino del norte in a hamlet about 22 km from Ribadesella - I went to one of the three houses there and the woman happily called me a cab from town. Though you may not get an official regulated taxi, I think it's safe to say that you can get transportation in one way or another between most of the places along the Camino Frances.

Laurie

A quick p.s. I forgot -- you may find that it's the accommodation rather than the transportation that's the bigger problem, since there may be some problem getting your friend into albergues, at least the "official" or "municipal" ones. Good luck.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back