• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Business centre/computer for interview!

SDCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
French Way
Dear Ivar & fellow pilgrims,

I am hoping you can help me with this unusual pilgrim query!

I am walking the camino and have to do an online interview on the 9th June.

Do you know if there is a business centre/conference centre near Sarria or Villafranca del Bierzo or anywhere nearby, that I could use for the interview?

I need access to a computer with video and webcam and Microsoft Teams.

I don't want to have to fly home for this and figure there must be somewhere along the Camino that I could use.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Do you know if there is a business centre/conference centre near Sarria or Villafranca del Bierzo or anywhere nearby, that I could use for the interview?

I don't want to have to fly home for this and figure there must be somewhere along the Camino that I could use.

The parador in Villafranca del Bierzo has a business centre.

If you Google the terms hotel Sarria conference center you will see a list of further possibilities.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies. I have been checking hotel business centres but most don't have a webcam on their computers. I have been asked to use a computer instead of my phone, so will keep trying. Thanks again!

Can you buy a camera and install its software on the computer you are using?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you can’t find a computer with a camera, you can dial into Teams with the hotel computer, and then dial in with your phone as the webcam.

Use whichever has better sound for audio - turn it off for the other. Use the larger screen for incoming video and screen sharing.

Let the interviewer know in advance that there will be “two” of you.

And test this if possible with a friend first.

Last edited:
If you can’t find a computer with a camera, you can dial into Teams with the hotel computer, and then dial in with your phone as the webcam.

Use whichever has better sound for audio - turn it off for the other. Use the larger screen for incoming video and screen sharing.

Let the interviewer know in advance that there will be “two” of you.

And test this if possible with a friend first.
That's really helpful, thanks Katherine!

That's really helpful, thanks Katherine!
De Nada. And good luck!

The last time I interviewed for a job, a week long process, I was on the beach in Cannes.

The interviews were in the evening after I’d been floating in the ocean all day. I was so relaxed and happy that I sailed through and got the job.

The tech issues can be overcome.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
De Nada. And good luck!

The last time I interviewed for a job, a week long process, I was on the beach in Cannes.

The interviews were in the evening after I’d been floating in the ocean all day. I was so relaxed and happy that I sailed through and got the job.

The tech issues can be overcome.
Thanks Katherine, glad (and reassuring for me!) to hear you sailed through :)

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back