• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Business Class / Coach Class: Flight Question

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Never, never, never in my life have I flown business class, but I am arranging a journey to Spain with my husband. He struggles with being cramped up in coach. He's tall, and it's just to hard to get him to travel with me anyway. I'm going to make sure that he is comfortable.

So, I want to ask: have any of you had a good experience flying business class, and if so, can you tell me who you flew with? Any one out there fly with American, or British, or?

I'm interested in the flat bed sort business class, but I would like any opinions or suggestions.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've flown business class AA before, but not with the lay-flat option. Even a "recliner" is a huge improvement.

If your husband is tall, a lay flat may actually be less comfortable if he doesn't fit the space profile.

Never, never, never in my life have I flown business class, but I am arranging a journey to Spain with my husband. He struggles with being cramped up in coach. He's tall, and it's just to hard to get him to travel with me anyway. I'm going to make sure that he is comfortable.

So, I want to ask: have any of you had a good experience flying business class, and if so, can you tell me who you flew with? Any one out there fly with American, or British, or?

I'm interested in the flat bed sort business class, but I would like any opinions or suggestions.
About 3 years ago, we flew Delta first class to Amsterdam. We were able to do this because a good friend used her "friends and family" pass. We flew standby on 1st, but she was able to go on a website and see that there weren't many people on 1st class. It was AMAZING!! My husband is 6'8 and he was very comfortable. The seats stretched out to almost flat. That was Delta airlines and the 1st class was a once in a lifetime treat for us.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've flown business class on a few. Qantas. British Airways. Thai. Cathay. Emirates. They are fairly similar these days. Go for it. It's a nice treat :)

Most but not all have the flat seat. So check.... and cabin interiors. Features. Food are always changing....

What a great trip you have coming up! I fly American and One World (British, Iberia, etc) because that's the only airline that flies into my small town. I am a captive audience so to speak. American just announced a few days ago that they are going to introduce something between First and Cattle Car on their international flights (in a year or so), but there is now no business class to Europe (on American). You either go first class or you go coach. It is hugely expensive, I've never been able to justify the cost. Once flying home from Lisbon, we had a problem with our ticket through London and the ticket agent in Portugal must have messed up because when we got to London the agent told us we had been put in first class. It was nice, no doubt about it, but my assessment was that I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars for that privilege. But then I sleep in rooms on bed bug infested mattressed with 20 other snoring people, so why would I spend thousands of dollars to be comfortable for a few hours? o_O

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've enjoyed the luxury of business class to Spain for the camino my last few trips and it sure does make a difference. I arrive refreshed, with little jet lag, and quite prepared for the bus or train that awaits to take me to my launching point.

I've booked LAX to MAD on both AA and Delta... Though that means I've flown on Air France, KLM, AA, Delta, and this year Iberia and British Airways.

The experiences on all are great (compared to economy) and I usually fly coach when I travel for business so I have never been disappointed with the upgrade.

I have however noticed a difference with itineraries. I find that I like a long flight and a short connection better than two medium flights. For example, from LAX, I have preferred LA to London, LA to Paris, or LA to Amsterdam and then a quick connection to MAD over LA to MIami to Madrid or LA to ATL to Madrid. The reason a long transatlantic flight and then a quick European jaunt is preferred is because you'll eat most of those miles on a widebody 767, 777, or a380, which have much better B Class experiences than on a 737 or A321 that you might get on the transcontinental from the west coast to east. There is only 1 nonstop LAX to MAD which I will fly this year which reduces travel time from West coast to MaD to just over 11 hours!

If you do get a connection make sure to check the layovers, although longer layovers aren't as bad when flying B Class cause you get access to the lounge!

Last edited:
An alternative to the expensive business class ticket for a long legged person is booking a seat in a row by an exit. Lots of leg room!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Actually, we always fly business class to Europe. We have a lot of miles with several airlines.
I am flying business class in American in January (Laurie..AA has both first and business) and my wife is flying first class on American to meet me in Leon in February.
One problem with British is that they have horrendous extra fuel and other charges.

From Seattle we usually fly United, Lufthansa, or American.
US Airways Has now merged with American.
It is important in First or Business Class to check out the aircraft and seat arrangements. They can be very different on different airplanes and greatly change the experience.

Is flying Business Class on the way to a Camino the same as using a pack transport service??? Have I been outed?

What a great trip you have coming up! I fly American and One World (British, Iberia, etc) because that's the only airline that flies into my small town. I am a captive audience so to speak. American just announced a few days ago that they are going to introduce something between First and Cattle Car on their international flights (in a year or so), but there is now no business class to Europe (on American). You either go first class or you go coach. It is hugely expensive, I've never been able to justify the cost. Once flying home from Lisbon, we had a problem with our ticket through London and the ticket agent in Portugal must have messed up because when we got to London the agent told us we had been put in first class. It was nice, no doubt about it, but my assessment was that I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars for that privilege. But then I sleep in rooms on bed bug infested mattressed with 20 other snoring people, so why would I spend thousands of dollars to be comfortable for a few hours? o_O

I tend to agree. I've flown Business quite a few times, usually by using points/miles to upgrade. Even though I run my own Business I can't justify the added expense of Business or First tickets. Well OK, Business a few times on a long haul when I had to be rested for meetings at the other end......But generally Economy (95%).

But First? No. We flew First once. On points. It was great! But I would never pay. Unless I was a Billionaire!

A regular sector for us in Sydney - Bangkok return. The fare differences Economy-Business-First are something like $1,500 - $5,000 - $12,000

You'd have to have a serious amount of money if you are willing to pay $1,500 / hour for an aircraft seat............OK, and a meal. Quite a nice meal. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It costs me about $5000 for a camino, including air fares and travel insurance. The cheapest return business class fare from Australia to Madrid is around $6000. plus land content and travel insurance, or nearly twice the cost. It is not going to happen!

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

PS I did offer to fly my wife to Spain business class, so that she could see some of what I talk about, but she wants to stay home and play bridge.

Air Canada has flat seats in some of the flights, its a good idea that any airline you choose to ask if that particular plane has it, also you can check with seat guro dot com

I have used business class seats, acquired with hoarded points, on two Caminos, and it has been very comfortable (once the steward gave me extra amenities kits to leave in albergues along the route)-- I could not see a way in which I could justify the cost, but that is me, and points were the only way to go. These tickets are useful in that they give you lounge access and on both of these Caminos, flights were late 0ut of Madrid and connexions were missed, and the lounges were excellent places to spend five or six unexpected hours. I usually fly coach on Air Canada or Air France and they both maintain reasonable standards for international flights (Air France's coach food was very good indeed, with different wines for different courses). One of my artistic friends told me that it was creatively beneficial to have the contrast between elegant air travel and hiking through dusty or muddy country trails -- she said that the existential dialectic was transcendent in its modality, and how could I argue with such a statement.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
An alternative to the expensive business class ticket for a long legged person is booking a seat in a row by an exit. Lots of leg room!

Thanks, but we have done that. I lived overseas for years and have no issues with extreme discomfort for hours at a time. He's a bit older, and I am looking for more than the exit at this point!

@CaminoDebrita, most recently my wife as booked us on premium economy for long haul flights. Not a flat bed by good leg room and better recline than in standard economy, and a better meal service if that is important. We will fly business class on the forward leg next year because no economy seats were available on frequent flyer points, but will be returning in the back stalls!

We have used premium economy in Qantas (not an option for you), British Airways and Virgin Atlantic - all were excellent. There are slightly different approaches to providing the step up in service level from economy, but all three were excellent in their own way. Certainly it seems to be a good option for someone taller where the extra leg room is the major selling point.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@CaminoDebrita, most recently my wife as booked us on premium economy for long haul flights. Not a flat bed by good leg room and better recline than in standard economy, and a better meal service if that is important. We will fly business class on the forward leg next year because no economy seats were available on frequent flyer points, but will be returning in the back stalls!

We have used premium economy in Qantas (not an option for you), British Airways and Virgin Atlantic - all were excellent. There are slightly different approaches to providing the step up in service level from economy, but all three were excellent in their own way. Certainly it seems to be a good option for someone taller where the extra leg room is the major selling point.
Thank you.

When I was flying SE Asia back and forth during the 90's, there was an Asian carrier (don't remember the name--they may be out of business now) who advertised their seats in economy as premium economy and they were excellent seats. This is very helpful.

Hard to have a spouse who is finicky about plane travel, but I'm rolling with it. At one point, I was going to book him a seat in business, and myself one in economy. Friends reminded me that that would take some of the "pleasure" (?) out of traveling together (long-haul flights have so little of this!!).

I find the flatness of the seats depends on the age and type of the plane as well as the carrier. Personally I prefer the slightly more old fashioned side by side almost flat seats to the modern completely flat compartmented seats. Some airlines allow you to pay for individual legs in a different class which can help and premium economy can be an alternative but is often not as good value as a discounted business class seat.

Like others despite running a business I find it difficult to justify the £000's extra that you have to pay when paying from my own pocket and always think what else I could spend it on. So now we pick day flights, catch up on all the films we have missed and stopover a night at Changi (or other large) airport if the journey involves 2 long flights such as Europe to Aus.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Not sure when you are going but American Airlines announced yesterday that they are adding another class on long haul flights next year..not sure when next year...called something like economy business which will have more leg room and seat room but not all the extra amenities.

Not sure when you are going but American Airlines announced yesterday that they are adding another class on long haul flights next year..not sure when next year...called something like economy business which will have more leg room and seat room but not all the extra amenities.
Thanks. Honestly, I am considering a bit of a change-up: a trip to Scotland with a fancy seat for husband in the autumn of 2016 (I would go to; we're discussing the John Muir walk in Scotland), and I will do my own trip to Spain separately. I don't want to glitch my walk with someone who may not be as invested in it, if you know what I mean!

@CaminoDebrita... first off... I think you're husband is VERY lucky to have someone like you who is as caring as you are. I've flown business class many many many times (my wife used to work with an airline... need I say more?). We've flown lots and lots with United Airlines. They used to be the best... haven't been with them in a long time though. Lufthansa's not bad either BUT.... you'll be flying to a hub in Germany from where you'd need another connection to somewhere in Spain. Most airlines offer great travel experiences in business class. Have lots of fun and buen camino :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@CaminoDebrita... first off... I think you're husband is VERY lucky to have someone like you who is as caring as you are. I've flown business class many many many times (my wife used to work with an airline... need I say more?). We've flown lots and lots with United Airlines. They used to be the best... haven't been with them in a long time though. Lufthansa's not bad either BUT.... you'll be flying to a hub in Germany from where you'd need another connection to somewhere in Spain. Most airlines offer great travel experiences in business class. Have lots of fun and buen camino :)

@purplesage--do you know anyone in the photo below?

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
... we're discussing the John Muir walk in Scotland...

When you have stopped discussing ;) make sure to send me a PM I just did the John Muir Way this November, just writing up something for the German forum about it. The English text is next. In general it is an ideal 'beginners long distance walk' but it also has a fair bit of tarmac/hard surface walking. Buen Way, SY

OMG OMG OMG Debbie.... its YOU :) :). OMG OMG. How's your adopted Camino daughter? Oh boy. I'm flying back to Santiago on friday.. yes, this coming friday via Rome :). Its all happening.... Big big hug

I can fly Delta, Lufthansa, or British Airways non-stop out of Seattle to Europe. All three have 180 degree lie flat beds in Business Class. I find that I can literally sleep through the entire flight in Business Class (a flight attendant usually has to wake me so I can put my seat into the upright landing position for landing). I justify the extra cost by the fact that I'm not jet-lagged and dragging my tail for three or four days.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OMG OMG OMG Debbie.... its YOU :) :). OMG OMG. How's your adopted Camino daughter? Oh boy. I'm flying back to Santiago on friday.. yes, this coming friday via Rome :). Its all happening.... Big big hug
Much, much love to you too!

My adopted Camino daughter is now back in Canada, and very happy indeed! I am delighted that you are returning to Santiago via Rome, which sounds absolutely wonderful for this time of the year. I well remember you, but my brain is so foggy this morning, having been up since 4 AM--just puttering before working as a substitute teacher today--that I am wanting to call you by two different names, neither of which may be correct?? (Oscar?) uh....help! But I would know that lovely face anywhere!

Big hugs to you too!

I've had the pleasure of flying first and business, as well as coach. The first and business is much more comfortable, but by standing and moving a lot coach can be ok. Get the aisle seat. It all depends on how much value you put on comfort. Do you have the money and is it worth spending for a few hours being more comfortable? It can run as much as five times the cost of a coach ticket. Buen Camino, in the good way!

Much, much love to you too!

My adopted Camino daughter is now back in Canada, and very happy indeed! I am delighted that you are returning to Santiago via Rome, which sounds absolutely wonderful for this time of the year. I well remember you, but my brain is so foggy this morning, having been up since 4 AM--just puttering before working as a substitute teacher today--that I am wanting to call you by two different names, neither of which may be correct?? (Oscar?) uh....help! But I would know that lovely face anywhere!

Big hugs to you too!
Oscar??? No Debbie.. haven't won any yet. Remember Caesar? Have been in touch with our other Camino sisters and brothers of that time. One of them is considering joining me in Santiago for Easter ... yes, will be there for Easter alright and then... some walking :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I once crossed the Pacific 13 times in 12 months consulting in SE Asia. I made it clear to my clients that if I was going to work the day after arrival, it had to be a business class ticket. I could get some sleep on those flights. I have a bad knee which really stiffens up on long flights, and business class is somewhat better for it, but getting up and walking every few hours is more important than the extra room.

The cost difference is really fairly significant. We are well off, but when I look at all that can be done on the trip with that much money, well, I still fly coach when paying myself. I'll pay a little extra to get a good aisle seat so that I can get up and take a lap around the plane regularly.

...But then I sleep in rooms on bed bug infested mattressed with 20 other snoring people, so why would I spend thousands of dollars to be comfortable for a few hours? o_O
Now that's what I call putting it into perspective!
But seriously, I feel for those taller folks who try to squeeze into a coach class seat. It's hard enough for me at 5'-7" / 170 cm, and the airlines seem to keep crunching the seats closer and closer on every flight I take. You can request an exit aisle seat and get a little bit of extra legroom, or some airlines offer a "coach plus" with slightly larger spacing between rows for a few dollars more. However, having flown business class on a few overseas business trips in the past (on my clients' dime), I would say if one can afford it, it's worth the extra expense -- not only for the extra room but for the improved meal service and other amenities.

I have treated myself to business class from JFK to Madrid on Delta for my past couple of Caminos - and also back from Barcelona. Its a great service - prices, seats (flat bed and spacious "pod") and in flight food all way better than British Airways (and I'm British!)

Out of curiosity, I just explored this on the frequent flyer page of American -- for 15,000 miles and $350, I think, you can upgrade to first class to Europe. That's a lot less than the $1500 fare difference I saw. I might actually consider that but I have to look a little further to see if that's one way, etc, just the international leg, etc. If it's for the whole ticket it might be quite the bargain.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

CaminoDebrita:

My experience is that it is more the plane than the airline.

The Boeing 777 and 767 are great planes to fly in business class. They have seats that recline into a bed and the service and comfort are much better than flying first class nationally. United sometimes fly 757's from the east coast, I can not remember if I have upgraded on any of those flights.

The best way to purchase such a ticket, imo, is to buy a coach ticket and the upgrade with a combination of miles and money. It is much less than purchasing a business class ticket outright.

There is probably a similar Airbus aircraft but I have not flown on one of those.

The possibility exists that business class could be filled during a certain season.

Ultreya,
Joe

Yes, but in the US, the exit seats are reserved for those with some sort of status, be it gold, platinum or executive platinum.

Laurie:

On United they have extra leg room seats in the front of economy. These seats are sold for a fee (est. $40. -$100. per leg) driven by the length of the flight. Status fliers can upgrade to these seats 24 hours prior to boarding at no cost. On United these seats are called Economy plus.

Joe

I once flew from London to Istanbul with Istanbul Airways. Now, I'm tall and was in coach class, but frankly I was just happy still to be alive after that.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I once flew from London to Istanbul with Istanbul Airways. Now, I'm tall and was in coach class, but frankly I was just happy still to be alive after that.
Reminds me of a few flights from Sihanoukville--in S. Cambodia--to P. Penh. The pilot would tap the seat directly behind him and invite me to sit and look on. The co-pilot, a Russian gentleman, always had a fifth of vodka nearby. I remember the pilot lighting up a smoke as soon as we touched down one day.

The small aircraft had round windows, and the interior smoked eerily from air conditioning. The stewardesses wore very tight uniforms that came apart at the buttons, chewing gum and sauntering around.

The pilot liked to do stunt flying--and would often dip low and fly along the coast at very low altitudes. One time, he could not see the landing strip in P Penh so had to do this to see where he was going. Around the time Princess Di passed away, in 1997, there was a horrendous crash coming from Vietnam, and the P Penh airway was overshot by the pilot, despite the co pilots screaming at him to not do the landing. Only one survivor on that flight, a little boy.

Last edited:
Laurie:

On United they have extra leg room seats in the front of economy. These seats are sold for a fee (est. $40. -$100. per leg) driven by the length of the flight. Status fliers can upgrade to these seats 24 hours prior to boarding at no cost. On United these seats are called Economy plus.

Joe
Thanks, Joe, I was wrong about that. American has the same options. What I should have said was that those exit rows and economy plus seats are available to people with status for no extra charge, while others will have to pay. Not sure what the cost is, though.

Thanks, but we have done that. I lived overseas for years and have no issues with extreme discomfort for hours at a time. He's a bit older, and I am looking for more than the exit at this point!
You can go to seatguru.com, and then look up the actual plane that the airline flies to see reviews and get recommendations for certain seats. That way you could look for the cheapest fare, with the best business seating, not depending on one airline.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
...The Boeing 777 and 767 are great planes to fly in business class.
Seat layouts can vary from airline to airline, but based on my own experience the Boeing 767 is my favorite wide body aircraft for long-haul flights if sitting in coach class. They have a 2-3-2 seat configuration, which means if you're in one of the middle seats or in a window seat, you only have to disturb one person to get out to stretch your legs or take care of other business. The Airbus 330 is similar, but they typically have a 2-4-2 configuration in coach, sometimes shrinking to 2-3-2 at the far rear as the body tapers toward the tail.

Depending on the airline, the Boeing 777 coach seating can be either 2-5-2 or 3-3-3. Woe be to the person stuck in the center of the middle seats in the 2-5-2 layout.

Generally speaking, the closer to the front of the aircraft you can get (ahead of the wings is best) the quieter and smoother the flite experience will be. Unfortunately for us coach class people, those seats are typically reserved for first class and business class seats. Once, when flying on a business trip across the Pacific on a Boeing 747 I got lucky -- business class was full so they upgraded me to first class. First class on that flight was on the main level, at the very front, right under the cockpit. That's the same location as the private presidential quarters on Air Force One, so you're pretty much guaranteed that's the best seat in the house.

We all travel for experiences, and we have flown every way possible (including Air Sudan in the 70's which had goats on board and a woman passenger got out a primus stove to light up and cook herself a meal in the aisle - fortunately prevented, and we lived to tell the tale). Sometimes it's just fun to blow a bit of money for the fun of it, business class and our one first class have left us with great fun memories and we actually enjoyed the flights, which is hard to do on our Oz to Europe 24 hour gigs. We are far from wealthy, we just do without buying takeaway coffees ever when we are at home and call that our fun-flight-fund. Air Brunei - the sultan's toy airline was quaint, Cathay Pacific, very professional, First Class in Thai an astonishing romp.

When you have stopped discussing ;) make sure to send me a PM I just did the John Muir Way this November, just writing up something for the German forum about it. The English text is next. In general it is an ideal 'beginners long distance walk' but it also has a fair bit of tarmac/hard surface walking. Buen Way, SY
Sy, cant wait to read your English version!!!@

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This year I flew business class (with Emirates) from Oz to Dubai and Madrid - initially it was just the 14 hrs from Sydney but ended up being cheaper to go all the way in the comfortable seats. The extra 10kg baggage allowance also came in handy as I had my cycle. Previous uses of business class have been upgrades or use of saved miles from frequent flights.
My brother and spouse travel both business class and premium economy and find the latter an acceptable alternative on flights under 10 hours. I see you are on the Pacific NW of USA so will fly out of Seattle (?) If you have the advantage of time (to check out flight options and book early) you might be able to find a suitable mixed class flight. Also check out seating arrangements - some airlines charge extra to sit on the emergency exit rows but the extra leg room does make for a more comfortable flight. (There is a web site but I cannot recall it just now).
Good luck

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I was upgraded on a recent Etihad flight from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. Business class was amazing. Full flat bed and plenty of space (but I am only 167cm tall). I wouldn't pay the extra money myself but it was a fantastic experience for free. Haha

Yup, consider cattle class the start of your 5€ a night adventure! At least no bed bugs on the flight. And the bus trip to your starting point is all you need to get over the jet lag. Use your savings to actually leave money in the donativo tin.

Yup, consider cattle class the start of your 5€ a night adventure! At least no bed bugs on the flight. And the bus trip to your starting point is all you need to get over the jet lag. Use your savings to actually leave money in the donativo tin.
I use my savings for a little more comfort, but I might be older than you are ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
[...] I want to ask: have any of you had a good experience flying business class, and if so, can you tell me who you flew with? Any one out there fly with American, or British, or?[...]
We've flown several times the SJO (San Jose - Costa Rica) - MAD (Madrid) stretch with IB(eria). It's an over 10 hours' flight, and the comfort of being able to fully stretch and sleep in a spacious and private cubicle, is real bliss. One arrives refreshed and is able to start the Camino without too much difficulty, notwithstanding the jetlag. (8 hours time difference).:cool:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I booked Premium Economy from LA to Barcelona on Air France last year, and when we got to the airport we were offered an upgrade to Business for $300! Needless to say, we took it. It was worth every penny - we arrived so much less jet-lagged than when we've flown in Coach, because we really could rest. I say go for it if you can!

Can i give this post a double like please :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back