• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Busy time in St Jean this September?

dalstonmarra

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPD to Burgos April 2015, Burgos to Leon.(May 2016)
Leon to Santiago(April2017)
I was hoping to start my Camino mid September but looking for a hotel for an overnight stop in St Jean,everything is full.Is there something going on in September,particularly in St Jean or is this a possible clue to everyone attempting the walk in September.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was hoping to start my Camino mid September but looking for a hotel for an overnight stop in St Jean,everything is full.Is there something going on in September,particularly in St Jean or is this a possible clue to everyone attempting the walk in September.

Don't know Marra but I am off on the 22 August from Whitehaven.
Buen Camino

September seems to be an increasingly busy month. Do bear in mind that not all albergues accept reservations, on arrival in St Jean the pilgrims office will do their best to help you find accommodation - and the lovely albergue at Valcarlos is a pleasant and easy afternoon / evening walk from St Jean.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can add me and Peregrino Tez to the list for starting on 29th August.

Only walking as far as Pamplona though - where our cycles await us.

Don't know Marra but I am off on the 22 August from Whitehaven.
Buen Camino
hope you have a good Camino.I've had trouble with the temperatures here at home so there would be no hope in Spain this time of the year

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am starting my camino from St Jean this Sept 3rd. I haven't found an available bed for the night before and trust that the camino will provide.
June
I hope all goes well for you and you enjoy the experience.

If everything is full in SJPP, try hostals at Uhart-Cize. It is the village the other side of the river, not far from SJPP.
Just check up if the place offered is in the village proper, bcs there are many "casas rurales", which may be farther.
Buen camino!

Our party of 8 arrive in sjpdp September 6th lucky we have accommodation booked

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Here's a list of just forum peregrinos for Sept .. can't image how many non-list folks there are

updated 8/4
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose asger.me
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez
August 31st -Oso, Snake , Tony Jansen
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ),
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs
September 10th
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54, Janicelee
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Séamas ÓMuireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-7#post-233653
Add another two starting on the 7th from Pamplona: twobats (John and Tracey) from Saskatoon, SK, CA

updated 8/10
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F,Ward
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs, Gretchen Hirni
September 10th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 18th
September 21st -Adhemar78,
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Seamas O'Muireadhaigh ,
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

I was looking for a room end of May 2015 and everything was booked. Got one in a small village nearby ( 9km) :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
June the Camino will provide if you are open to it
Hi June I shared many miles with Larry and a few meals and we both know that if in doubt try booking.com and that can often mean that you are able to relax and enjoy the journey, but Larry is right my wife and I have done the Frances twice and we have never slept in a doorway yet. Hi Larry are you home yet? I was talking to two people this morning in church who live near you and they said the weather was terrible there, somewhere called Tasmania

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hey Rector yes we are home and enjoying fair weather but I look forward to Spring - we so enjoyed meeting you and sharing meals with you - the Camino still provides for me in ways more important than food - my spiritual strength still grows

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
updated 8/9
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona ), twobats(John & Tracey ,Pomplona)
September 8th
September 10th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik,Vivello
September 18th
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/
Add me to the list starting on sept 3rd

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
updated 8/10
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August 30th -Smtl(+1)
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F,Ward
September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

I'll be starting my walk from SJPP on Sep. 22(or 23. Hopefully on 22). :^)

Starting St Jean 25th

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back