A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

But would it fit in my backpack...?

2020 Camino Guides

Dunny Ramsay

Forum member
Camino(s) past & future
CF April-May 2017
C Norte (2020)
My colleagues at my university communications department honoured me with this custom cake on Friday at our staff meeting. I did not want to cut into such a beautiful gift, but finally relented (and ate the bottom half of the pilgrim on the right). I start my pilgrimage on April 5, buoyed by the enthusiasm and--dare I say it--love of my office mates.
cake.jpg

Walli Walker

Camino(s) past & future
Frances '2009',Portuguese '2015', Ingles '2015', Fin and Muxia '2015'. Camino from Granada '2017'.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Wow, indeed! You work in an extraordinary place. Or maybe you are extraordinary.;)
Maybe return the favor by bringing back something for your special colleagues from Santiago. There are plenty of places you can get packaged Torta de Santiago and all manner of other delicious sweets to share at home.

Joziane

Lifes` moments, memories & aspirations....
Camino(s) past & future
(2017) Cam.Frances May 17-July2
My colleagues at my university communications department honoured me with this custom cake on Friday at our staff meeting. I did not want to cut into such a beautiful gift, but finally relented (and ate the bottom half of the pilgrim on the right). I start my pilgrimage on April 5, buoyed by the enthusiasm and--dare I say it--love of my office mates.
View attachment 32755
How beautiful!!

onwayhome

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Ponferrada-Santiago,(c1986)
Frances SJPP-Santiago (2011)
Portuguese Porto- Finisterre (2016)
St Michaels Way (2016)
View attachment 32755
There's just about time to eat it! What a generous gift- how is that map done? Not a very long time with a fine icing bag I'm guessing . Have a great Camino.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Bring inflatable cake !!

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Nothing like a good sugar rush to get you going :D. No sweat, if you start in St Jean you'll work it off the first day.
Buen Camino!

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
What a sweet masterpiece!

Coleen Clark

Camino(s) past & future
Walked August 2015, planning on walking August 2017
Let me message you my address for any leftovers that you don't want....I will throw myself on them and save you the calories.
I know. I know. Selfless Coleen saving a fellow pilgrim from carrying too much weigh.
sigh.
It's a burden I carry.
Try to pack it nicely because the postmaster down here is all thumbs.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Navarra!
You could be The Very Hungry Pilgrim and munch your way from SJPP westwards:

"In the light of the moon a little Pilgrim lay on a bunk bed . . "

(apologies to Eric Carle)

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
That's crazy! You certainly have some folks in your life that merit pondering while you walk.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 366 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock