• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buy Miam Miam guide in Arles?

etaeta

Time of past OR future Camino
First time
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering does anyone know is it possible to purchase the Miam Miam Dodo Arles guide in the town itself? I am leaving Thur 16th and so can't be guarateed it will arrive on time to Ireland. I have the CSJ guide already.

Thank you!

Edwin

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Arles is a decent size agglomeration. You may want to purchase at FNAC, the leading French bookstore. You probably have plenty of time to buy online and retrieve the book at the local store.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would say yes, but we do have a rule of thumb, that the local IGN map will always be sold out in the town it covers.

Arles is a nice town, with most of anything you might need.

The independent publishing house Actes Sud has a big bookstore in central Arles on the Rhône quayside about 5 minutes from the van Gogh Foundation. According to their website their have it in stock, but you might want to ring and reserve it ahead for peace of mind (0033 490 49 56 77). The staff are mostly young and bright and I'd guess probably speak English if that's a help. It's open until 7pm every evening, and they have a pleasant café attached to the bookstore (and an arts cinema and gallery in the same complex).

Enjoy the Camargue next week

Bon chemin.

Having found guide books easily available in Le Puy en Velay for that route, I assumed it would be just as easy to find all I needed in Arles when I began that route. Every bookstore was sold out that particular year/month. I eventually picked up a guide at my third stop. A good idea to call ahead and if possible buy ahead.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back