A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Buy Trekking pole in Pamplona

Magbyahe

Camino(s) past & future
June(2019)
Hi, I am thinking of just buying a trekking pole (other hand is holding an umbrella) when I arrive in Pamplona in a month. Is it a good idea?

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
They have outdoors stores there (including a Decathalon), so it’s possible.

RENSHAW

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks every year on CF reaching Burgos or Leon. Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
I have on many occasions bought a staff from a shop in calle San Nicolas towards the Plaza de Castillo. They had been there forever so the prices were way out of date - €7s or so.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
Hi, I am thinking of just buying a trekking pole (other hand is holding an umbrella) when I arrive in Pamplona in a month. Is it a good idea?
You won't always be holding an umbrella, so I suggest buying two poles and stowing one when you are using the umbrella. Or figure out how to attach your umbrella to your backpack. You can buy poles at Caminoteca in the old town.

Magbyahe

Camino(s) past & future
June(2019)
I appreciate all your input and the map is very helpful as well. Now, I don't feel the pressure of buying the trekking poles at Costco. Thank you guys :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
In the map above note that Caminoteca is very close to the cathedral so it is easy to get to when walking through town. Also note that on the marked way from the train station shortly after leaving the station you turn right to start heading south-east. If instead you turn left to go north-west you will shortly get to Decathlon. There are street buses running along there. There is a post office up that way also if you want to post something to Ivar in Santiago.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%