• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buy Trekking pole in Pamplona

Magbyahe

Time of past OR future Camino
June(2019)
Hi, I am thinking of just buying a trekking pole (other hand is holding an umbrella) when I arrive in Pamplona in a month. Is it a good idea?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
They have outdoors stores there (including a Decathalon), so it’s possible.

I have on many occasions bought a staff from a shop in calle San Nicolas towards the Plaza de Castillo. They had been there forever so the prices were way out of date - €7s or so.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, I am thinking of just buying a trekking pole (other hand is holding an umbrella) when I arrive in Pamplona in a month. Is it a good idea?
You won't always be holding an umbrella, so I suggest buying two poles and stowing one when you are using the umbrella. Or figure out how to attach your umbrella to your backpack. You can buy poles at Caminoteca in the old town.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In the map above note that Caminoteca is very close to the cathedral so it is easy to get to when walking through town. Also note that on the marked way from the train station shortly after leaving the station you turn right to start heading south-east. If instead you turn left to go north-west you will shortly get to Decathlon. There are street buses running along there. There is a post office up that way also if you want to post something to Ivar in Santiago.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.