• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buying a Via Francigena credenzial

Monimar

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2016),
VF bits (2017),
Primitivo&Muxia (2018),
Le Puy (2019),
Does anyone know where I can buy a Via Francigena credenzial in Canada?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I hope you find a source for the Credenziale in Canada. If you do not you may find the online ordering link on this website is useful. Some people have reported that this service has been unreliable or expensive in postage charges. The site also lists places where a Credenziale can be bought in person once in Switzerland or Italy.

http://www.viefrancigene.org/en/credenziali/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you, S Yates, for the welcoming wish and the site provided. I've contacted them and will see what they advise. Btw, I tried to buy your book, but there seems to be no kindle editions left. Is this right?

Thank you, Bradypus. Should the Canadian site be unable to help me, I'll order it from Europe. It would be handier to have it before I leave.

Monique

Thank you, Michael. Will investigate all possibilities.

Monique

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
... Btw, I tried to buy your book, but there seems to be no kindle editions left. Is this right?...

Pretty much impossible as it is an ebook/download for the Kindle version! Can you send me a PM regarding this and telling me from which Amazon you tried to buy it? Don't want to distract from the original purpose of this thread ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Not sure what happened last time, S, but it had a dash next to the kindle edition instead of the price. It was amazon.ca. Tried it again, and it worked. I look forward to reading it.

Doogman, I'm starting a little before the Italian border, I think. I plan to walk 7 days of the TMB, then pop down from Champex to Orsières and start there. This is why I'd like the passport before I leave.

Urcamino website does have a print-your-own option, but I am hoping to use this only as a last resort.

Many thanks to you all!

Are any of you on the Italian section in September and October?

Monique

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I believe that the credential issued by the Canadian Company of Pilgrims isn't accepted on the Via Francigena. It is focused on the journey to the Tomb of St. James in Santiago.

I walked "The Way of Saint Francis", the central route to Rome is April. I would contact Sandy Brown at www.camnoist.org for all things Italy. Either Sandy or someone on his sight can answer you questions. For my route I ordered my credentials from Gubbio (took over two months to receive.)

It looks like the "Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome" group might be a good option. Membership for one year costs £20 and they will post it to you. I bought mine through Sloways.eu last year but they are no longer available.

http://www.pilgrimstorome.org.uk/

The Francigena is a beautiful route . . . Enjoy!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you, Susan and Jill!

It may not be of help to you but I was going to post this anyway in case it helps someone:
The Hospice du Grand Saint Bernard has credentials :)

Hi domigee.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know! It's exactly what I'd finally planned to do since it's only 14 km or so from Orsières.

Buon Cammino!

Monique

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you everyone for your patience and support. :)

I hiked the Camino Francés, last fall, and this forum was invaluable. You guys are amazing!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My son and I are walking the Portuguese path (coastal for 2 days, now on Central). We have walked from Porto to O Porrino in Spain. Do we need to finish in Santiago to get credentials, or simply prove 100km anywhere? I ask as we are fighting headcolds and time.

My son and I are walking the Portuguese path (coastal for 2 days, now on Central). We have walked from Porto to O Porrino in Spain. Do we need to finish in Santiago to get credentials, or simply prove 100km anywhere? I ask as we are fighting headcolds and time.

I think you are confusing the credencial (pilgrim passport) with the Compostela certificate issued on completion of a pilgrimage. To receive a Compostela you must have walked the final 100km ending in Santiago. It is not enough to have walked any another 100km section of a Camino.

I live 8km outside of Canterbury. If you like I can pop in to the cathederal and get you one and forward it on to you. If you're not starting from Canterbury I can still get them to stamp it for you - they have a special one for the Francigena, it's a much nicer one that the one I get for my camino credentials.

Feel free to DM me.

There's a rumour that they are free of charge but if not you can always make a donation to our website here.

This might interest you.

https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org/visit/pilgrimage/
https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org/visit/pilgrimage/
and this

http://www.sloways.eu/shop/home/27-credenziale-via-francigena.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for the websites, Jeff. I've decided to pick one up at the Hospice Saint-Bernard. Hopefully theirs will be nice, too. The ones on the website you sent are gorgeous!
Buon Cammino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That is the AEVF credential. The Via Francigena and other routes to Rome do not have the same level of organisation as the Caminos to Santiago and as yet there is no "official" credential.

But it does give you discounts on trains http://www.viefrancigene.org/en/trenitalia/

and in some restaurants http://www.viefrancigene.org/static/uploads/2017-03-_strutture_aderenti.pdf
http://www.viefrancigene.org/static/uploads/2017-03-_strutture_aderenti.pdf
Like that "Pilgrimstorome" website BTW - very tempting!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back