• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buying Gear in Pamplona

Lemonkid

I want to pick up some poles and hiking sandals here in Pamplona. (got crazy blisters on the route from Roncesvalles to Zubiri) anyone know where I can go?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Given Pamplona's proximity to all sorts of hiking, there are lots of serious hikers, trekkers, climbers in Pamplona, so I'm sure you will find a good store.

Here are a few possibilities:

DEPORTES ARTICULOS MENDI KIROLAK (about 200 m from the cathedral)
Calle Castillo de la Maya, 45
31003 PAMPLONA/IRUÑA , NAVARRA
mendi_kirolak@terra.es

DEPORTES BASATI KIROLAK (a little further away, near the Ciudadela Park, very central)
Calle RECOLETAS 8
31001 PAMPLONA/IRUÑA , NAVARRA

Buen camino, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tienda Belagua
Calle Sangüesa, 6 (easy to find on Google maps)
Pamplona

Open form 10 AM to 1:30 PM and from 5 to 8 PM.

They carry all trekking equipment.

Just near the hotel Eslava, off the main drag on your right before you leave the old town to head west. It's quite a complete shop.

Another possibility for hiking gear is Decathlon Pamplona, avenida Guipuzcoa, Berriorzar. The suburb Berriorzar is to the northwest of the city.

Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks a lot Robertt your advise was very helpful. English is lacking in the staff but the store is extensive and the staff was either really helping or took pitty on me as my spanish es no bueno.

for anyone else in Pamplona most deinitely check out the store near hotel elsava

I went to the Decathlon several years ago and was very impressed with their hiking equipment. Although it is out of town, I remember it being a very easy/quick bus ride... Glad you found what you needed.

Good news for pilgrims

We opened our Camino shop in Pamplona (called Caminoteca) especially dedicated to pilgrims in May 2012.

Our shop is located in the heart of Pamplona /Calle de Curia 15/. It is only 50 m far from the way of Camino itself, very close to the Cathedral of Pamplona and just on the way to albergue Jesús y María, which is the biggest pilgrim's hostel in the town with 114 beds.

I hope we have everything what a pilgrim needs:
Maps & guidebooks, trekking poles, technical t-shirts, pilgrim's shell, hiking shoes/boots/sandals, ponchos, raincoats, backpack covers, Coolmax hiking socks, small size personal care pruducts, special foot creams, spork, flip-flops, knee/ankle support, sleeping bags/liners and many more...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Buying Gear in Pamplona - Altus poncho?

There have been a lot of requests for the Altus poncho by mail order! Usually, the shipping becomes too expensive. Do you carry Altus in Caminoteca?

Re: Buying Gear in Pamplona - Altus poncho?

falcon269 said:
There have been a lot of requests for the Altus poncho by mail order! Usually, the shipping becomes too expensive. Do you carry Altus in Caminoteca?

I was just about to ask that question. I tried to order the Altus to have shipped to my hotel in Bilbao. Unfortunately PayPal doesnt' allow payment when shipping to an address outside of the US. Sure would be nice if Caminoteca could get them in as I'll be traveling to Pamplona from Bilbao in mid-April.

Yes, we have Altus ponchos on stock in our shop permanently. We sell Tatonka brand too. You don't need to carry ponco overseas, easily can get it in Caminoteca in Pamplona.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.