• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

By bus from Porto to Verin?

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
I am planning my next caminowalk from Verin. Try to find out how to travel from Porto to Verin. Do I have to go to Vigo first or can I go by bus or buses more directly from Porto to Verin or near Verin? If I have to go to Vigo first, will there be buses from Vigo to Verin? Will I have to go via Ourense? Bjørg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If Porto Alto the same as Porto it looks as though the Monbus line goes from Porto to Verin.

Give it a try. http://www.monbus.es

Porto Alto seems to be a smal place between Ourense and Verin. Thank you for trying. I am looking for a bus from Porto in Portugal to Verin. When you look at the map, the roads go in directions which make me think that there may be bus conection. Bjørg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

You can get a bus from Porto to Chaves, just over the border from Verin. The following Portugese website http://www.rede-expressos.pt gives times and routes. I believe it involves a change of bus at Vila Real.

My mother-in-law is from Verin and tells me that there are regular buses fom Chaves passing through and stopping at Verin although I haven't been able to find a timetable on-line for these so can't confirm. As an alternative, you could always walk to Verin from Chaves (about 30km) or get a taxi from Chaves to the border and start your Camino from there (about 17km). I'm pretty sure there is waymarking on that route from the border at Feces de Abaixo.

The tourist office in Verin (http://microsites.centromultimedia.net/ ... /index.htm) may be able to supply further information on the buses.

Are you heading via Laza or Sandias when you leave Verin?

Hope all goes well. Cheers
Mig.

Great! Thank you! I have been walking Via de la Plata in parts, and reached Ourense this April (via Laza). Had to stop there. No more holiday. This summer I walked in France (via Le Puy). The "problem" now is that Ourense - Santiago - Finestere - Muxia is about 8 days walk, and I usually have 12 days. So I thought I could walk a part of the southern route from Gudiña to Ourense. (Now via Sandias.) Now you gave me the idea of starting at the border or even in Chaves. But then I need a guide or a good map... If you now more about this posibility, I am very thankful! Bjørg

The XACOBEO 2010 website has details of various stages around the Verin area including A Gudina to Verin and Feces (Portugese border) to Verin as well as providing a basic tool for a tailor made itenary. See the following link and then select as required.
http://www.xacobeo.es/index.php?idIdiom ... Idioma%3D3

Having only ever driven between Verin and the border I can't vouch for the consistency of the waymarking but from the main road N532 there is obvious signage where the route diverts off through some of the side villages so I don't think that you would encounter many problems. The main road from the border to Verin is wide with a good hard shoulder to walk on.

Be aware that Verin to Sandias is about 40km. There are some steep climbs early on although the bulk of the walk is relatively flat.

Regards
Mig

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you! Planning a walk gives (almost) as much joy as walking it. Discovering new posibilities is part of that joy. :D Bjørg

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back