• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino C P Coastal Senda

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2019) Camino Portuguese (2022)
Last day May 27 2022

Well the kids party lasted til 1 am but I was able to get some rest anyway. I wanted to get to Santiago early because of the heat. I thought the walk would only be 22 k because I was 4 k outside of Padron.

Apple says I walked 27 and my Garmin batter died before Santiago so I have to trust the Apple number.

Everything I have read about the final walk from Padron said the hills would be difficult. I am happy to report that it was not as difficult as I was lead to believe. The hills were gradual and sometimes steep but not as steep as some I have experienced on the Camino.

It was hot on the way into Santiago, but in the forest it was nice and shady.

I walked and talked with a women from New York today and a few women from Australia.

One of the Australian women coached me on walking uphill and avoid knee injuries. She is on a four month journey through Europe and North Africa.

I stopped for lunch at the last stop and saw the three women I walked with the day before. They made me feel so good when I walked up and they called my name.

The last part of the walk I walked a bit with a French women who now lives in Lisbon. When we rounded the corner and saw the cathedral for the first time we both shouted out in joy. The end was very near.

Arriving into Santiago there were two markers one to the right and one to the left. I took the one to the left and walked through the city.

I remembered to pre register for my Compostela so when I arrived at the pilgrims office they let me in quickly. I saw the women I walked with again. They had numbers in the 1400 and my number was 1509.

The numbers went fast when I arrived they were calling 1100. I only waited about 45 minutes to get my Compostela.

I spent the next three days in Santiago. The women I met along the way included me in all their activities and I met so many people that they met along the way.

We went to mass every day. Saturday Sunday and Monday. I went to confession on Sunday and received dispensation along with two others in our group.

The mass on Sunday was extra special difference from regular mass.

This has truly been a unbelievable experience for me. I met so many awesome people and saw so many interesting places. I had a great experience.

Each day a few of the group left Santiago. Today only four of us are here. We had coffee and said goodbye for now. Very sad to see them go but so happy I had the opportunity to get to know ow them all.

I wish you all the best on you Camino and hope you have a rewarding experience.

Second Camino

• No blisters
  • No sore feet

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
RJ in CA,
What happy news this.
Glad that you had a meaningful/successful camino.
Thank you for sharing your journey here on the forum. May you have a safe journey back to CA.

Enjoy your memories!

Last day May 27 2022

Well the kids party lasted til 1 am but I was able to get some rest anyway. I wanted to get to Santiago early because of the heat. I thought the walk would only be 22 k because I was 4 k outside of Padron.

Apple says I walked 27 and my Garmin batter died before Santiago so I have to trust the Apple number.

Everything I have read about the final walk from Padron said the hills would be difficult. I am happy to report that it was not as difficult as I was lead to believe. The hills were gradual and sometimes steep but not as steep as some I have experienced on the Camino.

It was hot on the way into Santiago, but in the forest it was nice and shady.

I walked and talked with a women from New York today and a few women from Australia.

One of the Australian women coached me on walking uphill and avoid knee injuries. She is on a four month journey through Europe and North Africa.

I stopped for lunch at the last stop and saw the three women I walked with the day before. They made me feel so good when I walked up and they called my name.

The last part of the walk I walked a bit with a French women who now lives in Lisbon. When we rounded the corner and saw the cathedral for the first time we both shouted out in joy. The end was very near.

Arriving into Santiago there were two markers one to the right and one to the left. I took the one to the left and walked through the city.

I remembered to pre register for my Compostela so when I arrived at the pilgrims office they let me in quickly. I saw the women I walked with again. They had numbers in the 1400 and my number was 1509.

The numbers went fast when I arrived they were calling 1100. I only waited about 45 minutes to get my Compostela.

I spent the next three days in Santiago. The women I met along the way included me in all their activities and I met so many people that they met along the way.

We went to mass every day. Saturday Sunday and Monday. I went to confession on Sunday and received dispensation along with two others in our group.

The mass on Sunday was extra special difference from regular mass.

This has truly been a unbelievable experience for me. I met so many awesome people and saw so many interesting places. I had a great experience.

Each day a few of the group left Santiago. Today only four of us are here. We had coffee and said goodbye for now. Very sad to see them go but so happy I had the opportunity to get to know ow them all.

I wish you all the best on you Camino and hope you have a rewarding experience.

Second Camino

• No blisters
  • No sore feet

Buen Camino
Thx for sharing I’m hoping to walk from Lisbon to Santiago in about a month. Last year I walked from SJPP to Sanitago. Could you please share the way to minimize knee problems when walking up hill. CA in my heart too thx Mary Ellen

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thx for sharing I’m hoping to walk from Lisbon to Santiago in about a month. Last year I walked from SJPP to Sanitago. Could you please share the way to minimize knee problems when walking up hill. CA in my heart too thx Mary Ellen
My approach
Go to the pharmacy and get anti inflammatory cream use three times a day. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I started walking up hill like I was skiing. It works but takes a lot of energy. When the perso. From Australia saw me doing that she said it is easier to put all you energy into my pols instead. Let the poles propel you. It does work but I think it takes just as much energy.

I wish you all the best on your Camino and look forward to you live posts.

RJ in CA,
What happy news this.
Glad that you had a meaningful/successful camino.
Thank you for sharing your journey here on the forum. May you have a safe journey back to CA.

Enjoy your memories!
Thank you so much. I am happy that people followed my journey. I am on the bus back to Porto now then on to Lisbon for a few days before my flight back to SFO.

My approach
Go to the pharmacy and get anti inflammatory cream use three times a day. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I started walking up hill like I was skiing. It works but takes a lot of energy. When the perso. From Australia saw me doing that she said it is easier to put all you energy into my pols instead. Let the poles propel you. It does work but I think it takes just as much energy.

I wish you all the best on your Camino and look forward to you live posts.
Thx made me chuckle when you shared your downhill technique. I did the same and was also told about using my poles! better!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Your description made me chuckle. I used the skiing technique when I was going down the hills rather than up. And like you, also was told to use my poles more to help with the uphill climbs. It worked! But the bio freeze was an essential component as well!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back