• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cadiz-Seville: sleeping bag/extras storage

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi there, can anyone help me with the following?

* Is there somewhere in Seville that I might leave my sleeping bag (new, no bed bugs) and extras (very little) for about a week? I intend walking from Cadiz to Seville then on to SDC. Looking at the websites, a sleeping bag appears unnecessary as there are no refugios until after Seville and I will need to stay in other types of accomodation.

*I will be starting in about 10 days or so (still finalising details). I intend posting my heavier jacket ahead to either Caceres (approx 14 days after Seville) or Salamanca (approx 22 days). By the time I reach Caceres it will be November. I am trying to ascertain how cold it might be, and trusting that I won't need the heavy coat before Caceres. Advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lovingkindness, you are really planning "The road less travelled".

Between Caceres and Salamanca there is a long climb from low elevation up onto the high interior plateau. This hill is just after Banos de Montmeyor. I suspect that temperatures will be a degree or two colder and the wind will be more brisk up on the plateau.

I don't know what you are carrying for a winter Camino, but would encourage you not to be caught 3 or 4 days south of your warm coat in a cold wind.

My experience working out of doors in the winter has been that my body keeps itself warm while I am moving, but cools off when I take a break. I am careful to not wear too much so that I don't sweat heavily and get my under layers wet. You may only need gloves, hat and a windbreaker while you are walking, but your warm coat may be necessary when you sit down.

Ultreia!
David, Victoria, Canada.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi again, My latest plan for left-luggage in Seville is to use the post restante service there. Whilst the hostel I will be staying at advertises that it has a luggage office(Sevilla Urbany Hostel), they have declined my request to use it for a week. Cheers, Lovingkindness.

Hola out there, greetings from Seville. Left luggage services can be found at the bus station Estacion Autobuses Prado de San Sebastian, 2 euros per day. Seville Urbany Hostel do have a left luggage service but they cannot guarantee safety of anything left there, people are in and out of the room and not monitored. Cheers, Lovingkindness.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.