• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cadiz to Seville in February

clarestephenson

Time of past OR future Camino
via de plata sept 2013
Hi
We have a week off work in February and are thinking about walking from Cadiz to Seville , after walking the Via De La Plata last year
Has anyone done this at this time so the year, if so how is the weather and are there plenty of accommodation facilities open ?
Thanks in advance for any useful information

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Clare,
I walked this route in April this year, its got its own section on the forum look at " Via Augusta" as for accommodation I think you will find there are no albergues on this route and you will probably have to use Hotels etc and you could check if they are open via any booking site or even e-mail.
Regards
George

Hi Clare - George would know better, but on the vdlp last year, I walked for a while with an experienced peregrino from France who had started in Cadiz. He found the route to be quite monotonous and did not enjoy it that much. It was not a huge deal for him because he saw it part of the pilgrim experience and because he was going to be continuing on through beautiful countryside for another month or so. But my sense is that his advice to you, given that you are only doing a short walk, would be maybe to look at other routes. He is a professional photographer and he also had a good sense of humour. He said that while he was walking from Cadiz he would take a picture, walk an hour, take the same picture again, walk an hour, take the same picture again....You get the idea.
cheers,
Mary Louise

Hi Clare,
I walked this route in April this year, its got its own section on the forum look at " Via Augusta" as for accommodation I think you will find there are no albergues on this route and you will probably have to use Hotels etc and you could check if they are open via any booking site or even e-mail.
Regards
George
Thanks George will look at that
Regards
Clare

Hi Clare - George would know better, but on the vdlp last year, I walked for a while with an experienced peregrino from France who had started in Cadiz. He found the route to be quite monotonous and did not enjoy it that much. It was not a huge deal for him because he saw it part of the pilgrim experience and because he was going to be continuing on through beautiful countryside for another month or so. But my sense is that his advice to you, given that you are only doing a short walk, would be maybe to look at other routes. He is a professional photographer and he also had a good sense of humour. He said that while he was walking from Cadiz he would take a picture, walk an hour, take the same picture again, walk an hour, take the same picture again....You get the idea.
cheers,
Mary Louise

thanks Mary Louise

I can't tell about February but I walked the via Augusta this year in April, before the Plata. If I knew before it was this boring I would have started in Seville :). Cadiz and Jerez are beautiful places but on the whole stretch there are no albuerges, only hostels and hotels. The first part of this path you mostly walk next to a channel and the other half next to a railway so its very monotone.
The friends of this via have a website and you can visit them twice a week in Cadiz. If you are really walking this path you have to visit them in Cadiz, maybe there are changes or so. They are really nice helping people!
http://www.asociaciongaditanajacobea.org/ and they have a office in the beginning of the old town.
Success!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back