• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cafe Tertulia -- Meet up in Santiago on Wednesday!!

PEI_Heather

Canadian Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 - Voie de la Nive
2012, 2016 - Frances
2013 - Portuguese
2012, 2013 - Finesterre & Muxia
So I'm at present in Arzua and will be walking into Santiago on Wednesday morning; I'm going to get in a good long day of about 34 km tomorrow and stat at Monte do Goze.

(Surprise! I'm on the Camino Frances.... Started in Bayonne on 6 Oct--the Voie de la Nive is lovely and frustrating with few road or Camino markers; walked the Valcarlos route--it's also lovely, as is the albergue. I was the only one there, yahoo!) (I don't tell people when I travel; but it's close to the end of my trip, so I will tell you...plus I want to know if anyone wants to meet up at the Cafe Tertulia at 7pm on Wednesday evening? :) )

Lots of Canadian walkers, including another Islander--she is from a town about 45 minutes (drive) from me. Lots of American walkers and lots of Korean walkers. Lots of people not carrying their packs, but sending them forward, and lots of people calling this a vacation and not a pilgrimage. Quite a few bus tours, but the (large) groups are staying in one hotel, bussing to a Camino trail location and being picked up at the end of the day to return to the hotel.

I stayed with Reb and Patrick at Peaceable Kingdom--it's lovely as are all their dogs (and one cat)! Grand to meet Reb after all this time reading her comments on the forum. And I met, quite by serendipity, Bradley from outside of Toronto, who is a member of the forum. Very cool!

David left his place a month ago for Barcelona to see his family. It was strange and sad not to see him there. A young man from Italy has taken David's place but said will move on as soon as another pilgrim comes along and wants to stay. Farther along the Camino, a group of souls has started a similar donitivo place as David's. (After Tricastela, I think.... don't ask me where exactly--I don't even know what day this is, hahaha!)

Anyone want to meet for a coffee on Wednesday? I'll be at the cafe!

Cheers!
PEI_Heather

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Heather, Congrats to you on another camino. Like Viranani, I would love to see you in the Tertulia. Hope you manage to connect with some others, it is a lot of fun to put faces to names.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Likewise previous posts. I'm sorry I can't attend but will be with you in my thoughts! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So I'm at present in Arzua and will be walking into Santiago on Wednesday morning; I'm going to get in a good long day of about 34 km tomorrow and stat at Monte do Goze.

(Surprise! I'm on the Camino Frances.... Started in Bayonne on 6 Oct--the Voie de la Nive is lovely and frustrating with few road or Camino markers; walked the Valcarlos route--it's also lovely, as is the albergue. I was the only one there, yahoo!) (I don't tell people when I travel; but it's close to the end of my trip, so I will tell you...plus I want to know if anyone wants to meet up at the Cafe Tertulia at 7pm on Wednesday evening? :) )

Lots of Canadian walkers, including another Islander--she is from a town about 45 minutes (drive) from me. Lots of American walkers and lots of Korean walkers. Lots of people not carrying their packs, but sending them forward, and lots of people calling this a vacation and not a pilgrimage. Quite a few bus tours, but the (large) groups are staying in one hotel, bussing to a Camino trail location and being picked up at the end of the day to return to the hotel.

I stayed with Reb and Patrick at Peaceable Kingdom--it's lovely as are all their dogs (and one cat)! Grand to meet Reb after all this time reading her comments on the forum. And I met, quite by serendipity, Bradley from outside of Toronto, who is a member of the forum. Very cool!

David left his place a month ago for Barcelona to see his family. It was strange and sad not to see him there. A young man from Italy has taken David's place but said will move on as soon as another pilgrim comes along and wants to stay. Farther along the Camino, a group of souls has started a similar donitivo place as David's. (After Tricastela, I think.... don't ask me where exactly--I don't even know what day this is, hahaha!)

Anyone want to meet for a coffee on Wednesday? I'll be at the cafe!

Cheers!
PEI_Heather
Hi @PEI_Heather!
Am in Santiago NOW (Tue 8th) for a few days. Will meet you at Cafe Tertulia tomorrow - Wed @ 7 pm.
Just arr this am and got Compostela about 10.30! Look forward to meeting you!!
Terry / OTH86

Oh, so happy to see the tradition live on! I am sure no one will be able to find the book or the little table marker Ivar brought down there, but take a picture and post it so we can all enjoy from afar! Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. hope you don't mind, but I edited the title to see if there might be others out there in Santiago.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi @PEI_Heather!
Am in Santiago NOW (Tue 8th) for a few days. Will meet you at Cafe Tertulia tomorrow - Wed @ 7 pm.
Just arr this am and got Compostela about 10.30! Look forward to meeting you!!
Terry / OTH86
Oh, Terry, so glad to hear that :)
Enjoy every moment!!! :D

PS: And by all means, please do take a pic and post it. You'll bring us closer to Caminio no doubt!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Am at the Cafe Tertulia waiting for @PEI_Heather. Asked about the blue book & was told it disappeared a short time ago. And can't find out about a small table marker. Not sure exactly what you mean by a small table marker... Maybe sth that identifies Forum Members? It appears all are locals.
More later if we meet.
Terry

Am at the Cafe Tertulia waiting for @PEI_Heather. Asked about the blue book & was told it disappeared a short time ago. And can't find out about a small table marker. Not sure exactly what you mean by a small table marker... Maybe sth that identifies Forum Members? It appears all are locals.
More later if we meet.
Terry
My apologies, Terry. I just got your note this morning. I arrived into Santiago yesterday around noon and spent the next number of hours tracking down a place to stay (my usual place is now shut), some new clothing (subsequently getting lost), meeting Ivar and having a great chat with him, picking up my compostella (of which the volunteer would not put on it that I started in Bayonne; I´m going back today to see if someone else can tell me why or can change it).
Will be at the cafe at 7pm tonight.
Cheers!

@PEI_Heather Congratulations to your completed pilgrimage. The starting point doesn't go on the Compostela, but you can get a distance certificate, that does include the starting point, at the pilgrims office. Buen Camino de la vida, SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
More later if we meet.
Terry

Hi @OTH86, I was also disappointed that the book was no longer on the counter when I dropped in last month. I enjoyed reading everyone's messages last year. The table marker wasn't there last June or September. It probably wasn't necessary, as the forum badge on the book was easy to spot and served the same purpose.

Hope you and @PEI_Heather manage to meet up tonight!

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back