• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cahors - St Jean Pied de Port

Julie49

We are returning to the GR 65 in July this year. In August 2007 we walked from LePuy to Figeac. We are resuming our trek at Cahors with the goal of St Jean PP. :lol:

I would like to know
a) a description of the path - as I look at the topo guide it appears to be relatively flat until SJPP
b) we are planning some rest days at Lectoure and Aire sur L'Adour - do you know of any activity of either town we want to participate in, music, market day etc.

Thank you and joyous walking,
Julie

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Julie,
I notice that this is your first post, so welcome to the Forum :) . I've walked from Le Puy twice and, as you have worked out from your Topo guide, there are, as far as I remember, no really difficult parts from Cahors onwards - certainly nothing like the climb out of Monistrol d'Allier! Sorry I can't help with cultural stuff but Aire sur l'Adour is a pleasant enough town to take a rest day, places to eat, relax and a park area along the riverside - it even has an exercise course if you feel so inclined :!: I would think that if you search the relevant tourist web sites there will be plenty of information re music, etc - there is usually a lot happening in France during the holiday period of July/August.
Buen Camino
Brendan

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back