A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Calendar

Camino Chris

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I'm the same as you and have always wondered and been afraid I'd make a mistake! 😛

peregrina2000

Staff member
Well, guys, I have figured it out, so you can too!

First, compose a post, starting a new thread. Title could be something like “Starting June 4 from Alicante.” Write your post. Then when you are done, click over on the top right, and one of the possible actions will be “calendar”. Click it and a little box will come up that lets you put in your departure date. What happens then is that the Calendar posts a link to your thread on the date you depart. So people looking at the calendar can click on the title and see more about what you have posted. DO NOT (sorry to shout) put in your end date, because that means that your post will be linked to every single date you are walking.

I have been trying to keep an eye on this, adding calendar start dates when I see that a person announces his or her starting date.

Try it and see if it works, if not, PM me and we can figure it out. Buen camino, Laurie

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks, Laurie, I'll give it a try! I leave next Monday for Portugal! I'm sure you are heading somewhere soon yourself. We both love starting in spring!

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018

First, compose a post, starting a new thread. Title could be something like “Starting June 4 from Alicante.” Write your post. Then when you are done, click over on the top right, and one of the possible actions will be “calendar”. Click it and a little box will come up that lets you put in your departure date. What happens then is that the Calendar posts a link to your thread on the date you depart. So people looking at the calendar can click on the title and see more about what you have posted. DO NOT (sorry to shout) put in your end date, because that means that your post will be linked to every single date you are walking.

I have been trying to keep an eye on this, adding calendar start dates when I see that a person announces his or her starting date.

Try it and see if it works, if not, PM me and we can figure it out. Buen camino, Laurie
I can't even figure out how to do a post.

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Hi Laurie,
I just wrote my new post like you suggested. I found nothing in the right hand corner, nor anywhere else listing "calendar". I only use my android phone. Possibly that is my problem. Maybe you can move this to the calendar section for me. Thanks!

Edit...Here is the thread title.
"Starting April 15th from Lisbon-Fisherman's Trail/Portuguese Camino"

Last edited:

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi Laurie,
I just wrote my new post like you suggested. I found nothing in the right hand corner, nor anywhere else listing "calendar". I only use my android phone. Possibly that is my problem. Maybe you can move this to the calendar section for me. Thanks!

Edit...Here is the thread title.
"Starting April 15th from Lisbon-Fisherman's Trail/Portuguese Camino"
I will of course do this for you, but on the chance you want to figure it out, you are halfway there!

Once you post your thread, pull it up. You should see over on the right three little dots with a downward facing arrow. Click on it (that's what the screen shot shows, and a whole menu comes up. You may not have as many options as I do since I am a moderator, but you should have Calendar menu.

Screenshot 2019-04-09 16.53.18.png

Click on that.

Screenshot 2019-04-09 16.53.35.png

Then hit the calendar add. And just add your date. Hope it makes sense, but if you are frustrated and are fed up with confusing instructions, I am happy to do it.

Screenshot 2019-04-09 16.53.48.png

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I will of course do this for you, but on the chance you want to figure it out, you are halfway there!

Once you post your thread, pull it up. You should see over on the right three little dots with a downward facing arrow. Click on it (that's what the screen shot shows, and a whole menu comes up. You may not have as many options as I do since I am a moderator, but you should have Calendar menu.

View attachment 54697

Click on that.

View attachment 54698

Then hit the calendar add. And just add your date. Hope it makes sense, but if you are frustrated and are fed up with confusing instructions, I am happy to do it.

View attachment 54699
I think I got it to work, Laurie! Thanks for the help!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Colette Z Announcements 3
trecile Announcements 2
ivar Announcements 37
Tigerandahalf Announcements 10
ivar Announcements 76

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%