• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Calgary Meeting- Saturday, March 16, 2013

Time of past OR future Camino
Francese 2002, Cami San Jaume 2018, Norte 2023
The Spring Meeting of the Calgary Chapter, Canadian Company of Pilgrims will be held at Good Shepherd Anglican Church (408 - 38 Street SW, Calgary) on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30). Everyone is welcome - light refreshments served - tapas/wine gratefully accepted.

Janice Meyers-Foreman will give a slide presentation entitled "Eyes Wide Open". Janice and her husband, Bill, walked the Frances from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela in September and October, 2012. Like many pilgrims on the trail with them, they rushed from one place to the next but soon realized how much they missed of what was around them. They slowed down and took time to experience special moments of the day, reflect on scenes they passed and the cities with their amazing architecture built so long ago, marvels of man's skill, creativity and hard work. Janice will share the beauty she saw once her eyes were open.

"Fine Tuning Your Camino Pack". Rick and Angela Wards will present a sequel to their Camino 101 session. As experienced pilgrims and hospitaleros on the Camino, they will share their considerable knowledge on what to bring (or not bring) in your pilgrim pack

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wish I lived closer but will keep this date in mind in case we happen to plan a trip out that way.

My wife and I want to attend this meeting as we plan on doing the walk Spring 2014. Is there an attendance fee? Is there a regular Calgary Club we can join? Will we be able to get information on the different routes, where to stay and the passport to be stamped? I know we will have loads of questions so I hope there will be the opportunity to learn much more, thanks to anyone who can provide a little more information for us.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There's no attendance fee, but feel free to put a loonie or two into the hat. This is the regular Calgary chapter and its meeting-- there are usually two a year, in the spring to help pilgrims prepare, and then in the autumn to welcome them back and learn a bit about the Camino. Credentials can be obtained by going to: http://www.santiago.ca/membership.html , and sending in the form with your payment. There will also be quite a few veterans of the Camino and they will be happy to answer your questions.

We are very excited about attending this meeting in Calgary. We are planning to walk in spring 2014 with a little child so we have a great need to prepare well.

How I wished I could be there! My caminho will not be until Fall of 2014, starting in Porto, Portugal so I have a chance to attend other meetings.

I do have a question. The word credential is used on a regular basis but I could not find a forum page that truly explained it. Is it the same as a passport that you collect stamps in?

Regards,

Eric from Invermere

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How I wished I could be there! My caminho will not be until Fall of 2014, starting in Porto, Portugal so I have a chance to attend other meetings.

I do have a question. The word credential is used on a regular basis but I could not find a forum page that truly explained it. Is it the same as a passport that you collect stamps in?

Regards,

Eric from Invermere

Regards,

Eric from Invermere

Sorry about posting three times...the new ipad app is to blame lol

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The credential and the pilgrim's passport are the same document. I prefer to use the word credential as: a) it is closer to the Spanish word credencial, and b) to avoid confusion with your Canadian passport (which you will also need to get on the plane, enter Spain, and return to Canada). To my surprise I have met people who feel that the pilgrimage document is sufficient for travel and that, by buying it, they will save money over the Canadian passport fee :!:

The credential is stamped at your albergue or accommodation at night, and twice a day in the last 100km; it serves to identify you as a pilgrim, eligible to be housed in the albergue and, at the end of your Camino, if properly stamped along the way, will be the documentation the pilgrim's office in Santiago will use to issue you a Compostela.

Hi there! Glad to see that there is an upcoming meeting. Last May I wAlked from Burgos to Santiago and loved it so much that I am contemplating the option to start at the beginning and walk from SJPP to Burgos. I would love to try and make it.

Hello,
I'm so sorry I missed the meeting as I had another event to attend. I want to do a camino in May 2013 but I haven't made any plans yet. And I'll be doing it alone...so far. Is anybody else planning a camino in May? When/Where are you flying to? And what about the return?

Muchas Gracias,

Dan (anxious in Calgary)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for setting it up. I enjoyed the meeting. I wish there was a venue to meet and chat about experiences. A speed dating-esque event just for questions on the Camino would be great. You could have newbies rotating for a 5 minute time frame between people who have walked. Hmmm. This could be fun.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.