• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Calling all Scotland-based Peregrinos!

Are you looking for a little Camino spirit in your everyday life?
Would you like to share Camino experiences with fellow pilgrims?
Could you do with some Camino advice from experienced peregrinos?
Have you been involved in an accident at work that wasn’t your fault?

Okay, forget about that last one, I got carried away with the questions.

We are a recently formed group (there’s two of us!) of former pilgrims who meet around once a month to walk, talk, share experiences and generally try and recapture the feel of the Camino back at home.

If that appeals to you, we’d love it if you’d like to join us. All ages, abilities, interests welcome – you don’t have to be a former pilgrim but an interest in the Camino would be great.

So far, walks have been short in length, very accessible and have been based in and around Edinburgh. In the future, who knows!

The next walk is scheduled for Sunday the 9th of October along the Water of Leith – come and join us if you can!

If you’d like to get involved and want to know more then either reply to the thread or email me at geormcconn@aol.com. Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know who would be interested.

George

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello,

I'm a Scottish based pilgrim and interested in your group. also the Confraternity of St James in England hold a meeting once a year in Scotland, that might be a good place to make contacts.

Hi,
I plan to start my Camino next April just before my 64th birthday and if possible would like to get some words of wisdom about doing it. I have done several long distance walks (nothing like the distance I will have to cover on my Camino) and have read up quite a bit about it all. One question I would like an answer for is, "What is it like in April?" I will enjoy reading your reply if any.
George :?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi George

I started from SJPP on 19th April this year. Perfect time of year. The weather was ideal, and the whole springtime experience is beautiful. The crops in the fields are still green rather than scorched yellow, poppies and other wild flowers line the way, the stars at night are stunning, and the light is beautiful.

Someone told me that last year it was still quite wintery, but believe me, this year was lovely!

Keith

Hi Keith,
Thanks for the reply which will set my mind at rest and allow me to get on with my walking to get me fit enough. I hope you have many good walks in the future.
George :D

Camino event in Edinburgh on 8 February 2012

Wed 8 Feb
7.30pm Undercroft, St Andrew's and St George's West, George Street

A Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Join us for an evening of reflections on 21 days walking 'The Way of St James', the meaning of hospitality, life and pilgrimage. Light refreshments with a taste of Spain. Donations invited to promote hospitality at St Andrew's and St George's West. .

http://standrewsandstgeorges.org.uk/diary.php

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back