• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camera store in León? (Or on the way)

minah

Hola y buenos dias :)

My friend lost his Nikon d50 camera battery and charger.

We are currently in Cirueña and hoping to come across a professional camera store in two days time in Burgos.

Our experience so far has shown us that most camera stores do not carry his specific camera charger and battery type, and that it will take 6 days to ship out. Because of this, we would like to call ahead to a shop in León so that it will be there by the time we arrive.

Might any one know of a shop along the way that may be able to accommodate our needs? Or maybe even the contact info of one?

Muchos gracias!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is a camera/electronics store in the Plaza Mayor in Burgos.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you guys for the responses! We are in Burgos now, and the camera store by the cathedral "Telefoto Azul" was very helpful but did not offer the battery type for the Nikon d50. We will check the Nikon EU website as you suggested and hopefully find something in Leon. If not I believe we'll ship it at the post office here. Btw there is anther camera store in Burgos by the Catedral, just past the "el peregrino" tourist store in the same plaza as Telefoto Azul :)

Shipping cost for the Nikon d50 camera was around 25 euros. Not bad at all-- however even the woman at the post office suggested that we do not ship it without insurance. This tacked on another 50 euro and we decided to just carry it since the price to ship was too high.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back