• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camí de Sant Jaume from Barcelona or Montserrat?

Ted Stek

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, SJPDP-SdC (5-16) VDLP, Sevilla-SdC (9-16), CM/CF Madrid-SdC (4-18), CP, Lisbon-SdC (9-19)
Hello, does anyone have some current information about the Cami de Jaume from Barcelona?

I just finished the Camino Francis on June 23 (started May 23) with my daughter from SJPDP to Santiago. We had a wonderful experience and I would like to do it again, but would like to start in Barcelona to Logrono, and then back on the Camino Francis. I was hoping to start the first part of September of this year and make it to Santiago by the middle of October before any bad weather. I have not found much current information on this Camino. Any advise or information?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Ted
Welcome to the forum. If by "current" you mean this year, I don't see anything on the forum. But @LTfit and I met up in Montserrat last year and walked the Camino Catalan through Huesca to its intersection with the Aragones, and I did a pretty detailed write-up. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...catalán-from-montserrat-through-huesca.36443/

I was walking in from the north, so I did not start in Barcelona, but LT did and she had a rough time. If you look through the sub-forum, you'll see a couple of threads dealing with the walk from Barcelona to Montserrat. There is now an albergue along the way, and there are several alternatives, one of which is the killer route LT took.

Several forum members have taken the variant through Zaragoza, https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...rom-alcarràs-to-zaragoza-on-to-logrono.19027/

My impression is that the route through Zaragoa is less interesting and less scenic. The days after Huesca, on the variant we took, are spectacular. And joining up with the Aragones was a great idea, because it is gorgeous.

If you have questions, happy to help, Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Ted
Welcome to the forum. If by "current" you mean this year, I don't see anything on the forum. But @LTfit and I met up in Montserrat last year and walked the Camino Catalan through Huesca to its intersection with the Aragones, and I did a pretty detailed write-up. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...catalán-from-montserrat-through-huesca.36443/

I was walking in from the north, so I did not start in Barcelona, but LT did and she had a rough time. If you look through the sub-forum, you'll see a couple of threads dealing with the walk from Barcelona to Montserrat. There is now an albergue along the way, and there are several alternatives, one of which is the killer route LT took.

Several forum members have taken the variant through Zaragoza, https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...rom-alcarràs-to-zaragoza-on-to-logrono.19027/

My impression is that the route through Zaragoa is less interesting and less scenic. The days after Huesca, on the variant we took, are spectacular. And joining up with the Aragones was a great idea, because it is gorgeous.

If you have questions, happy to help, Buen camino, Laurie

Thank you for the information Lauriel. I am obviously still in the planning stages but hope to leave by September 13. I guess I have the Camino Blues after returning and am anxious to get back. Any more information from others would be welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you plan to walk in September, you should be prepared for endless Kms of brown harvested fields. And for the fact that this route does not go through areas with lots of cultural, historic, or religious attractions. Not trying to discourage you, but I think LT and I agree that some of those days after Igualada and before Huesca were mentally challenging and wore on us at times. The bit after Huesca was what changed it for us, it's really great. Are you fixed on the Zaragoza variant?

I am not sure? I am still in the planning stage and any information is helpful. Would the Lleida/Lérida, then Zaragoza and Logroño route be nicer?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back