• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in S Devon 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Happy new year Camigos.
While we have no plans yet for a get-together we hope to make some for (fairly) early in the year before folk start walking.
For new-comers:- we meet in S Devon, but come from as far as Yorkshire, Hampshire etc. If you are in Devon and we are meeting do join us, or maybe make it a reason to visit the area.:)
Meanwhile maybe just watch the thread.....for future dates etc
@TerryB and @Tia Valeria

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, walking my first camino in May 2017 (Sarria to Santiago). Live in Exeter so would love to meet with other pilgrims. Thanks Helen :)

Happy new year Camigos.
While we have no plans yet for a get-together we hope to make some for (fairly) early in the year before folk start walking.
For new-comers:- we meet in S Devon, but come from as far as Yorkshire, Hampshire etc. If you are in Devon and we are meeting do join us, or maybe make it a reason to visit the area.:)
Meanwhile maybe just watch the thread.....for future dates etc
@TerryB and @Tia Valeria

Hi everyone, We are in Dorset. It would be great to meet up sometime if possible. Hopefully I am now following the thread. We generally try to do at least one day long walk a month, with lots of shorter ones in between. Our plan (if it can be called that) would be to increase the frequency of longer walks towards late April, when we have planned to fly out to do the Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, walking my first camino in May 2017 (Sarria to Santiago). Live in Exeter so would love to meet with other pilgrims. Thanks Helen :)

We are planning to start our first Camino at St JPdP late April, arriving SdeC early June. Perhaps paths will cross.

Hi Captnoglos, I'm walking Sarria to Santiago from 6-14th May. Hoping the weather will be good!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Happy New Year everyone! And thanks to Tia and Terry for starting this thread.

I live in Gloucestershire, about halfway along the Cotswold Way, literally!

I've been walking the Camino Frances in stages, so far having reached Carrion de los Condes.

I will be returning in March to walk Astorga to Sarria, and then at the end of April to walk Sarria to Santiago de Compostela, aiming to arrive on my 60th birthday, where I will spend the weekend celebrating with family and friends! Party time! All fellow pilgrims welcome to join!

I am sorry to have to skip the rest of the Meseta and Leon, but am sure at some point I will cover that distance.

So, I look forward to meeting some or all of you during 2017, whether in Spain or South Devon. Buen Camino.

Hi Captnoglos, I'm walking Sarria to Santiago from 6-14th May. Hoping the weather will be good!
You will be ahead of us I fear. We expect to be in Santiago 1st / 2nd June.

First try at arranging an early get-together for 2017. We suggest Saturday March 4th, probably at Darts Farm.
Hopefully this avoids bad weather and is still early enough for March walkers.
We can confirm the venue and a time - but in the past have met from about 11.00/11.30 onwards. Totally informal, we just buy drinks and food as needed and usually leave by about 2pm.
If this suits I will draw and post a plan of the cafe seating areas as the way in to the best place was hidden by a stack of goods last time :(.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are planning to start our first Camino at St JPdP late April, arriving SdeC early June. Perhaps paths will cross.

When exactly are you starting your Camino? I begin April 23, 2017. BTW, I was in your neck of the woods these past few years. I did the entire SWCP last May to July and I also did the Wainright Coast to Coast and then onwards to Farne Islands and Holy Island.

Sadly I shall be unable to make it.
Saturday is a work day for me most weeks, and as I shall be having 2 off later in March while I walk from Astorga to Sarria (I shall be at Cruz de Ferro/Acebo on the 18th and travelling home on 25th) I really can't take another Saturday in March.
Hopefully I will make another meet-up later in the year - I so look forward to meeting you all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When exactly are you starting your Camino? I begin April 23, 2017. BTW, I was in your neck of the woods these past few years. I did the entire SWCP last May to July and I also did the Wainright Coast to Coast and then onwards to Farne Islands and Holy Island.
Arrive StJPdP 27th April, and start walking 29th. Looks like we may be a few days behind you. We have done small parts of SWCP, as it is local, and did the Coast to Coast in 2015. Looks like you had a great time. Are you UK based?

Sadly I shall be unable to make it.
Saturday is a work day for me most weeks, .....
Hopefully I will make another meet-up later in the year - I so look forward to meeting you all.
We have alternated between Saturdays and a weekday so that different work patterns etc are noted. Is any week day better for you than others for later in the year? We realised last time that Monday is not a good day for Darts Farm as the fish and chip outlet is closed :(, but other days are OK or Exeter as a different venue.....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Arrive StJPdP 27th April, and start walking 29th. Looks like we may be a few days behind you. We have done small parts of SWCP, as it is local, and did the Coast to Coast in 2015. Looks like you had a great time. Are you UK based?

I'm Canada based but LOVE walking in your country! Can't get enough of it. If You didn't have such horrible quarantine laws I'd spend April through to October with my dogs wandering your countryside. We may end up running into each other. I have rest days in a few places and I am walking at a leisurely average of 20 km a day so I you walk more and take no rest days who knows, we may meet up!

Sorry you are so far away @Elizabeth Cheung - but if you are in the UK again and we are meeting it would be great to see you. Our 'furthest' pilgrims to be with us were Australian. Buen Camino for April/May.

I'm Canada based but LOVE walking in your country! Can't get enough of it. If You didn't have such horrible quarantine laws I'd spend April through to October with my dogs wandering your countryside. We may end up running into each other. I have rest days in a few places and I am walking at a leisurely average of 20 km a day so I you walk more and take no rest days who knows, we may meet up!
Are they bad laws. We take our dog regularly to Europe from England.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for organising. I probably can make it, depending on starting date for SWCP.

Are they bad laws. We take our dog regularly to Europe from England.

It's a one month quarantine :-( I couldn't do that to my kids which is so sad because Britain has to be about the best place EVER to vacation if you have a dog!

I can make that easily! Thanks for organising :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You will be ahead of us I fear. We expect to be in Santiago 1st / 2nd June.

Yes I will be in Santiago by 12th May all being well. The hotel is booked so that'll give me great motivation! Buen camino!

Great to see that several can make our get-together that Saturday. I will post a reminder nearer the date, plus a plan of the cafe area.

(A small plea - can we keep to meeting-up and not divert to quarantine laws. That might be a good topic for a new thread as others might have something to contribute which doesn't fit here. :))

Great to see that several can make our get-together that Saturday. I will post a reminder nearer the date, plus a plan of the cafe area.

(A small plea - can we keep to meeting-up and not divert to quarantine laws. That might be a good topic for a new thread as others might have something to contribute which doesn't fit here. :))

Not understanding.

Not understanding.
Just a minor concern but a few responses we starting to comment on dogs and UK/EU rules, which could lead to the thread going off course. However some folk might want to discuss dog quarantine rules, so it might make a thread in its own right - along with other dog related threads. Meanwhile here we can keep to the topic of meeting together in S Devon. Look forward to seeing you in March. :)

We'll look out for you.
Yes I will be in Santiago by 12th May all being well. The hotel is booked so that'll give me great motivation! Buen camino!
Buen Camino!!

For those who hope to meet in Santiago there was a meet up place at Tertulia's - organised by @peregrina2000 for forum members. There was talk about changing the venue/time this year so maybe there will be a new thread or the old one will surface again. If I can find the link I will edit it in here, or if @peregrina2000 sees this she will put up a link. It is great to meet other forum members, whether here at home or in Santiago. Sadly we did not see anyone at Tertulia's but have met both @ivar and @JohnnieWalker in Santiago.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for organising this; I hope to join you

For those who have not been to Darts Farm before:-
There is a big Cotswold Outdoor concession there and if you are a National trust member then bring your membership card as you get a discount. Very useful for would be pilgrims. :)

First try at arranging an early get-together for 2017. We suggest Saturday March 4th, probably at Darts Farm.
We can confirm the venue and a time - but in the past have met from about 11.00/11.30 onwards. Totally informal, we just buy drinks and food as needed and usually leave by about 2pm.
If this suits I will draw and post a plan of the cafe seating areas as the way in to the best place was hidden by a stack of goods last time :(.
I would love to join you all. I'm at Wellington, Somerset.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

We will confirm the venue as Darts Farm on March 4th. Ongoing work in Bridge Road and further roadworks/diversions etc in Exeter are a real problem, affecting not only roads into Exeter but also the buses in the centre. The bus station will still be open that weekend for anyone passing through for a bus to Topsham - it closes the following week. :(

Further directions and cafe plan nearer the time :)

We are leaving 26th April, hope to arrive Santiago 31st May !
Will you be at our get-together at Darts Farm? If so it will be good to meet you pre-Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello. I have booked my journey on the ferry from Plymouth to Santander on 14 May and have now to get myself organised. May I join you at Darts Farm. I live near Cullompton.

Hello. I have booked my journey on the ferry from Plymouth to Santander on 14 May and have now to get myself organised. May I join you at Darts Farm. I live near Cullompton.
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to meeting you at Darts Farm. We get together in the cafe by the delicatessan, not the restaurant. I will draw a diagram as well as saying this because the cafe area has 2 sections. We will meet in the one where you have to go through 'Chrissies' outlet - and on Saturday it was still half hidden by a heap of dogs beds/cushions.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to meeting you at Darts Farm. We get together in the cafe by the delicatessan, not the restaurant. I will draw a diagram as well as saying this because the cafe area has 2 sections. We will meet in the one where you have to go through 'Chrissies' outlet - and on Saturday it was still half hidden by a heap of dogs beds/cushions.
Thank you. I will follow these instructions.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Will you be at our get-together at Darts Farm? If so it will be good to meet you pre-Camino
Yes; Jan and I will join you. We are looking forward to seeing you again and have lots of questions about the Camino Ingles which we plan to do in May..
Mike

When is it please
suzie
Hola @suzie Gibbons - we plan to meet on Saturday March 4th. There are some basic directions in some of the posts above and next week I will post the diagram of the cafe area as an attachment (all being well)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hi,
I live in Newquay, Cornwall and have just booked the ferry from Plymouth to Santander for September. Although I have done lots of reading, it would be nice to meet people who have already done the Camino Frances. Are you happy for newbies to come and ask questions?

Hi,
I live in Newquay, Cornwall and have just booked the ferry from Plymouth to Santander for September. Although I have done lots of reading, it would be nice to meet people who have already done the Camino Frances. Are you happy for newbies to come and ask questions?

That is part of our idea in meeting. Sharing where we have walked and encouraging new pilgrims too. We look forward to meeting you @Suz1978

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will be there and will try and bring my husband this time! We have booked a ferry to Santander on april 2nd, then hope to cycle the Via de la Plata with some friends from Thailand and the US.
Be great if anyone has any info on the route. And just great to talk 'Camino' !

Just a reminder and the promised floor plan for our get together on Saturday March 4th. The orange arrow marks the way to the round table, so we will hope it is vacant. First pilgrim there, if you arrive before we do, please put something out to signal to the rest of us as we could easily cause confusion if a non forum group are already at the table. There are enough other tables in that section if the round one is occupied.

Attachments

• darts farm.jpg
    darts farm.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 271
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for this reminder. I am still planning to come. Pat

Would love to join you at Dart's Farm if that's ok. Have booked ferry to Santander (23rd April).
Welcome @Tiny Tim - we will be happy to see you there at Darts Farm. It looks as though there will be several 'new faces' as well as those from previous occasions :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What time are we meeting folks?
Suzie

.............. Saturday March 4th, .............. at Darts Farm.
................... in the past we have met from about 11.00/11.30 onwards. Totally informal, we just buy drinks and food as needed and usually leave by about 2pm.
........ I will draw and post a plan of the cafe seating areas as the way in to the best place was hidden by a stack of goods last time :(.
Just in case others have missed the post with the time - and the plan again too. :)

Attachments

• darts farm.jpg
    darts farm.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 7
See you all there, wanted to ask you about the route down to Plymouth ferry - if the weather is ok we might start from home...

For those driving to Darts Farm from west of Exeter:-
Note that Bridge Road will be closed tomorrow so that there will be serious delays and diversions around the Countess Wear area and onto Topsham Road. :( Best route is round to the Sandygate turn off on the M5 and then the Exmouth turning etc then back towards Topsham - following the normal signs.

For those using the bus out of Exeter:- the good news is that the bus station remains open.Its proposed closure is put off indefinitely. :)

We look like being a large number so if it is nice we might feel like spreading out a bit and even sitting outside in the fish and chip shop area (see plan in post #50 above).

Great to see so many there. Terry thinks that there were 16, maybe 17, of us.
Buen Camino to this year's walkers, especially those starting in the next few weeks.

€149,-
Yes, thank you both for organising it. Great to see so many people, new and old pilgrims...! It is so good to be able to swap info and views and hear about routes others have taken - (and then rush to the map box to plan another Camino...!)
We came straight home and started packing and (put to shame by the couple who start walking in 6 weeks and are training assiduously) we even went for a ride on our bikes! Thanks everyone!

I am so gutted I totally forgot about the meet up at Darts Farm! I hope you all had a great day. I think my email didnt log recently and therefore I lost the thread. If you meet again please let me know and I will endeavour to come (and check the forum more often!!) Thanks Helen :)

I am so gutted I totally forgot about the meet up at Darts Farm! I hope you all had a great day. I think my email didnt log recently and therefore I lost the thread. If you meet again please let me know and I will endeavour to come (and check the forum more often!!) Thanks Helen :)
Sad :(. Hopefully we will meet again around September time.
I have the thread marked as 'watched' and 'with email alerts' - see links at top of the page. That works for me so long as I am checking my emails. @Lynda t - that is also the link you were trying to find I think.

I was the same as Welly, just seen the link at top of thread and clicked. Something learned today. I will try to join the meet in Sept.

Hi Lynda. Thanks for the chat re the Camino. More importantly thanks for the donation to Parkinson's uk. Hoping to raise as much as possible by the end of my walk.

Are we going to have a meeting sometime in september Tia? Or are you two off gallivanting...?!

Hola @hecate105 - thinking a weekday in September once the school holidays are over. Monday/Wednesday but not Tuesday/Thursday. Exeter or Darts Farm again.
What do others think?

I've not been in Devon much, sorry. Unlikely to be around in September but have a good meet-up and I will watch for the date in case it is viable

Would love to meet up! My free weekdays are Tues/Fri. I'm heading to walk the CF next April Hope everyone's enjoying the 'summer'!

Would love to meet up! My free weekdays are Tues/Fri. I'm heading to walk the CF next April Hope everyone's enjoying the 'summer'!

Just realised that in September Wednesdays are not good for us. Tuesday 12th or 19th are both possible. Exeter cathedral cafe or Darts Farm as the possible venues.

Tuesday 12th would be good for me, on 19th I will be winging my way to Porto.
Would it be 11.00/11.30 again as I have to drive to Northampton from Plymouth at 17.00hrs.
Dart Farm for me but happy to visit the centre.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Tuesday 12th would be good for me, on 19th I will be winging my way to Porto.
Would it be 11.00/11.30 again as I have to drive to Northampton from Plymouth at 17.00hrs.
Dart Farm for me but happy to visit the centre.
That's fine @Bisnick . Let's fix for Tuesday 12th at Darts Farm. Yes, usual time of 11.00/11.30 and 'round the corner' where we met last time. First there please try to get the big round table if possible. :)

We won't be able to join you as we're heading out to Lisbon for our 2nd Camino this year! Good luck to any Camino virgins....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The plan of Darts Farm to find the cafe, for newcomers, is at post #50. Nearer the time I will put up a reminder for September 12th. (post#67)

Hoping that some of you are reading the forum this Bank Holiday Monday.
Our get together does not seem to have attracted many takers yet? Maybe because this is mid-week, as promised last time, for those who cannot do week-ends.

With that in mind we are beginning to think about a Saturday in March 2018 similar to the one held in Exeter with CSJ some time ago. This time however we hope it might be outside of Exeter itself. More when we have further details ourselves.

Meanwhile we hope to see some of you on 12th September at Darts Farm.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Looking forward to meeting up with you again on 12th.
I am planning to walk again in October but haven't yet booked travel to Spain due to dithering about which route to take. I am considering the Frances again but Ingles or Primitivo are also strong possibilities.

Being a Exeter born pilgrim and (now living in Switzerland) filmmaker of "Looking For Infinity: El Camino" maybe we can work to bring the film to the event. :)

Being a Exeter born pilgrim and (now living in Switzerland) filmmaker of "Looking For Infinity: El Camino" maybe we can work to bring the film to the event. :)
The get together is in a cafe @ACL, so there are no facilities for showing any type of film. Sorry.

Looks like we will be a small group this time.
Just to add that if anyone is in Devon at that time they are welcome to join us, as others have done in the past. The 'S Devon' refers to the venue/area not personal location :):)

Just a reminder about our get together on Tuesday 12th.
:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes a very Happy Christmas to one and all, looking forward to the next meeting.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Happy Solstice, Yule, Christmas and New Year Pilgrims!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.