• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in S Devon 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Happy New Year Camigos and Buen Camino to anyone planning to walk early this year.
No dates yet to suggest for a meeting but possibly late February/early March, and Darts Farm as before.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am suggesting one of these dates in early March:- 3rd (Saturday); 6th and 13th (Tuesdays). I will give it a few days to see which is most popular and then post which date we have settled on. Darts Farm seems to be the best venue and I will re-post the directions to the cafe area then for any one coming new.
The usual time of 11.00/11.30 to about 2.00 as that seems to work for most people

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Tuesdays seem to be the best day so we will go for 6th or 13th March rather than the Saturday. Any preferences to which one? Personally the 6th might suit best but we are open to the later date.

For me it would have to be the 13th as I'll bet away on the 6th.
From PMs received as well @Waka 's post it looks as though the 13th is the day to meet.
So Tuesday 13th March at Darts Farm - usual time - 11.00am/11.30ish onwards until about 2.00pm and in the little cafe area. (Newcomers please note this is not the restaurant but the cafe near the deli counter and coffee bar.)
I will post a reminder and last year's cafe/shop plan nearer the day.
Looking forward to seeing you all again and also any newcomers. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just to remind folk about our get-together on March 13th. So far there are 3, apart from ourselves, who hope to be there. Hopefully others will be able to make it too.
I will post the cafe plan in a couple of weeks time.

I'm fine for the 13th, looking forward again to the meeting.
Nick

Thanks for planning this again.
I will be there on 13th. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Lou

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here as promised is the plan of the cafe area for our meeting on Tuesday March 13th.

darts-farm-jpg.32054

Chrissie's might be a different outlet now but as far as we know the general layout is unchanged.
:)

Just a reminder about our get together on the 13th March and to say (as usual) that although we meet in S Devon you are welcome where-ever you come from. Time - 11.00/11.30-ish to around 2.00pm. Food and drink at till by the deli counter and also the fish and chip outlet should be open.
If you come from outside Devon and are a newcomer to our gatherings- Darts Farm is just outside of Exeter near Topsham. Plan of how to find the cafe area is above.
Looking forward to seeing folk again. :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to tomorrow, bringing Ric too! Daisy, if u are coming I'll have DVD with me..

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good to see you all again; until next time...............

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Great to see everyone... How quick the time passes! Good luck to those setting off soon...

I just had an email from the CSJ about a group being set up in the South West for those with an interest in the Camino, it says to contact thecreans@btinternet.com (Liz Crean) for info. Sounds good!

Yes, they have been listed by CSJ for some time. Getting more active maybe in the SW. We are listed too in the Bulletin and will probably put more energy there than with the forum in future. Greater scope for spiritual in-put.
Possible we might arrange a joint CSJ-Forum meeting at some time like we did a couple of years ago.

We won't be around on the forum for a while so will catch up with things at some point.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Time to think about a meet-up again :)
We have 2 dates in mind - both Tuesdays:-
27th (preferred) or 20th if that is no good.
Darts Farm around 11.00/11.30 onwards and have drinks/lunch as usual in the cafe by the delicatessen/fish shack area.
Hopefully some pilgrims/would be pilgrims will be around in November and we will see you there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Darts Farm meeting:-
Just a thought for those who are CSJ members - Cotswold Outdoors give a discount. You need the code, which members should have. If you have lost the code then you need to email the CSJ office for a reminder.
It might also be worth bringing your membership paper/ credential, although I don't think they ask for it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Just a reminder about next Tuesday (27th). See post#19
Also a question:-
Can you PM me if you are also a CSJ member please as I have a question to ask by PM.
Looking forward to seeing folk again. :).
Any newcomers please make sure you come to the cafe not the restaurant. See post#10

Time to think about a meet-up again :)
We have 2 dates in mind - both Tuesdays:-
27th (preferred) or 20th if that is no good.
Darts Farm around 11.00/11.30 onwards and have drinks/lunch as usual in the cafe by the delicatessen/fish shack area.
Hopefully some pilgrims/would be pilgrims will be around in November and we will see you there.
Wish I could come! Have a lovely lunch...

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The Camino Association organises walks and talks... but to be honest, I am way out on the fringe. i like looking in from the edge! I am going to the film on Friday though, A Camino Voyage.

Just a reminder about our get together......details in the recent posts above #25 etc.

It was good to see so many of you today, in spite of the dreadful weather. We hope everyone had a safe journey home.
I will look at starting a new thread for next year shortly - same name but changing the year to 2019 if you need to search. I will post here when I do and make a link so it should be easy to find but........
Meanwhile best wishes to you all

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It was good to see so many of you today, in spite of the dreadful weather. We hope everyone had a safe journey home.
I will look at starting a new thread for next year shortly - same name but changing the year to 2019 if you need to search. I will post here when I do and make a link so it should be easy to find but........
Meanwhile best wishes to you all

Thank you for organising, really nice to chat face to face all things Camino.

Thank you for organising, really nice to chat face to face all things Camino.
We agree. Good to be able to just sit and chat in a friendly informal atmosphere. The drinks and fish (grilled) and chips were good too, we can recommend the latter. :)

Thank you @Bisnick - I am sending you a PM too

Last edited:
Hello Camigos, I live in Uplyme, Devon and would love to meet up with you all. Lizbeth
Hola Lizbeth. We would love to meet you. As you can see we meet occasionally.
Can I suggest that you bookmark this page. When I start next year's page/thread I will add a link on this one.
Thinking about the end of February or maybe early March to meet again, but nothing firm yet. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have started this new thread for Camigos in S Devon 2019 - so you might like to bookmark/watch it for updates re future meetings etc. I am asking the moderators to lock this thread to avoid confusion in the New Year
Happy New Year to you all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.