• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in S Devon 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
A happy new year to all, and here is our thread for this next year.
Hoping that we can continue to meet up here in South Devon and chat about the Camino
Buen Caminos peregrinos

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am in Cornwall and would love some contact with other pilgrims in South West...
It would be great if you can get to meet up with us, we usually go to Darts Farm near Exeter. Accessible by bus or car and also train nearby
If you 'watch' this thread and 'with email' ticked then you should see when we plan to meet next. Probably early March or maybe late February.
Usually we suggest a few dates and then eliminate those that are no good, or go for the one that is most popular.
:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you so much for your speedy reply. Hoping to walk Vdlp this year, so would welcome the chance to compare notes etc etc.

I was hoping to find another pilgrim who is walking the VdlP in 2020.
It might be easier to find that on the VdlP thread, but one of the 'Camigos' might just be walking.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A Happy and Hopeful New Year to all the Camigos in South Devon.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Not sure exactly where you live @JennyH94 but hope the awful fires are not affecting you.
Any plans yet for 2020 and the UK??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not sure exactly where you live @JennyH94 but hope the awful fires are not affecting you.
Any plans yet for 2020 and the UK??
Thanks for your concern regarding the bushfires, Tia Valeria. Steve and I have a second home at Culburra Beach in the Shoalhaven on the NSW South Coast. We’ve had bushfires near us but we’re safe. It’s been devastating for all who’ve been affected - so many fires, so widespread in many areas of Australia - and it’s a worrying time for everyone who live near bushland areas.
Plans for 2020 are still not set - I’m waiting on news from the Pilgrim Office as to whether or not my application has been accepted. I hope to hear late January/early February. I’ll be in touch once I hear from them.
In the meantime, a Happy and Hopeful New Year to you, ‘Tio Tel’ and all the Camigos in South Devon.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

I live midway between Callington and Launceston, where were you based?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I live midway between Callington and Launceston, where were you based?
I lived just outside Camborne. My parents still live in Cornwall. I've walked a fair bit of the SWCP down there..... you are really lucky.....I miss Cornwall a lot.

Have you plans for a camino this year?
Yes. I'm walking the Camino Frances this Spring. I've just started training..... the dreaded backpack starts coming with me on Monday lol. You're spoilt for choice with training routes aren't you? The Moors are really boggy at the moment, and our coastline up here isn't a patch on the Cornish coastline.

Hi Kim, we cycled the VdlP a few years ago - so pm me if you have any queries. We did cycle most of the walker's route...!
There is also another group who are doing walks - usually with a pub visit! in Devon/Cornwall - all Camino folk, so pm if you are interested in that.
Hopefully, we will be having a meet up at Dart's Farm or the Cathedral this spring (any dates Tia?!) so if you come to that you will get plenty of advice/feedback etc!!

Hi Kim, we cycled the VdlP a few years ago - so pm me if you have any queries. We did cycle most of the walker's route...!
There is also another group who are doing walks - usually with a pub visit! in Devon/Cornwall - all Camino folk, so pm if you are interested in that.
Hopefully, we will be having a meet up at Dart's Farm or the Cathedral this spring (any dates Tia?!) so if you come to that you will get plenty of advice/feedback etc!!

Thank you for that. Would love to attend Camigos meeting. Looking as though I will be walking from Viseu to S de C now

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Haven't been there but we cycled from Sintra, following the inland route from Porto. I know many of the Camigos are experienced walkers of all the Portuguese routes.... so good for info!

Meant to say - I thought it was a stunning route - the countryside, the people, the vinho verde....!

Thinking about a Tuesday in March.
We cannot be sure about a Saturday at present due to family visits, but maybe some one else can organise something for a Saturday and we will sort the Tuesday.
Any suggestions for which Tuesday at Darts Farm?

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And there's a plethora of March tuesdays...!
I cannot do the 31st - looking after too many dogs...:rolleyes:

And there's a plethora of March tuesdays...!
I cannot do the 31st - looking after too many dogs...:rolleyes:
Can we suggest Tuesday 3rd. Early enough that folk might not have started walking and leaves the rest of March free if some-one does want to organise a Saturday somewhere as well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Me too - see you all there!

May I attend? ? Time and venue?
Be great to see you there.

For Kim and others new to our 'get-togethers':-
Darts Farm is near Topsham, just east of Exeter. Good parking, also not too far from train (Exeter - Exmouth line) and a bus stop almost outside. You can find it on google maps.
We usually meet any time from 11.00 onwards until after lunch - about 2.00pm. There is a delicatessen and also a fish and chip bar. [Note - not the main restaurant]
I will post a diagram here before the 3rd March, but it is on the threads for previous years if you want to look.
One of our Exeter Camigos might be able to post the bus number and times :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just a reminder about our get-together on Tuesday 3rd.
For those who have not been before here is the plan of the farm shop/cafe area.
First there usually try for the big round table if it is free so if you are first please do that if you can.
And hopefully we will not be rained off this time.......

Attachments

• darts farm.jpg
    darts farm.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just a reminder about our get-together on Tuesday 3rd.
For those who have not been before here is the plan of the farm shop/cafe area.
First there usually try for the big round table if it is free so if you are first please do that if you can.
And hopefully we will not be rained off this time.......
Afraid I can't come to this one but best wishes to all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry I can't come this time, I'm afraid work calls. Hope you all have a great catch up.

Good to see you all and chat on tuesday.
Am copying in an email from Wendy in case anyone wants to attend - (beautiful Holy Well at St Neots too!!)
Dear CSJ Friends,

I am delighted to let you know that we are having a Practical Pilgrim Day at The Village Hall, St Neot, Cornwall on Saturday March 14th, 10.so - 3.30. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone thinking about a Camino pilgrimage to come along and meet like-minded people, and to share the experiences and knowledge of fellow Camino enthusiasts. To tempt you further, there will be a pasty lunch!

You are all most welcome to attend. Please would you help to spread the word amongst any other walking groups, those at your church, and so on? We would be most grateful. I have attached a poster just in case you are able to print it off and distribute it locally. The event is being organised by Tony Ward, the CSJ Treasurer, and his phone number is on the poster.

As usual, Charles and I have a few spare places in our car if anyone would like to share a lift from Plymouth.

With warm regards to all,

Wendy
wendyemartin@hotmail.co.uk

Wendy has a program of pilgrimage-related walks/events in the Sw too- including Princetown on the 21st march.

Good to see you there @hecate105 , and @CarolamS .

We might look at trying to meet up before August but no promises at the present time.
All being well we will try to meet in November and then feel that it is time for some one else to organise meetings. Any takers???
:):)

If someone is happy to do it for the next couple of years (while I'm off cycling!) I'd be happy to do it after that....! jo

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If someone is happy to do it for the next couple of years (while I'm off cycling!) I'd be happy to do it after that....! jo
Sounds good :) We will keep going quite happily for the rest of this year. It is 2021 that we feel might need a change until @hecate105 gets back. Anyone??

Well..... we hung on as long as we could but yesterday finally cancelled our booking for May. Partial refund on its way. Very sad as this was to have been our final time.
However we are enjoying the current lovely weather in a beautiful part of the world.
One day we will meet again, until then God bless you all.

Sorry you had to miss out on your final trip @Tia Valeria and thank you for all the organising of Camigos in S Devon. I really appreciated meeting you and Terry before my Camino and hearing your advice and enthusiasm. I won't be walking the Primitivo this year either. But one day I will get there and will send you my good thoughts and wishes when I do.
I can try and 'temp' for @hecate105 next year if you like. At least I can put out feelers to see if anyone would like to meet up.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well..... we hung on as long as we could but yesterday finally cancelled our booking for May. Partial refund on its way. Very sad as this was to have been our final time.
However we are enjoying the current lovely weather in a beautiful part of the world.
One day we will meet again, until then God bless you all.
Hi Tia Valeria, so sorry to hear that your final trip had to be cancelled ☹. I hope that you and Terry are both well and enjoying the sunshine? I haven't really been too active in the forum in recent months but will keep an eye on the thread for future meetup dates later this year, assuming social distancing relaxes over time.

Thank you for your Camigos organisation across the last few years and Buen Camino/Buen Camigo in your pursuits outside of the Camino. x

Hi Tia Valeria, so sorry to hear that your final trip had to be cancelled ☹. I hope that you and Terry are both well and enjoying the sunshine? I haven't really been too active in the forum in recent months but will keep an eye on the thread for future meetup dates later this year, assuming social distancing relaxes over time.

Thank you for your Camigos organisation across the last few years and Buen Camino/Buen Camigo in your pursuits outside of the Camino. x
Good to hear from you @miguel_gp . One day hopefully we will all meet up again and it would be great if you could join us. Meanwhile we are enjoying the sunshine and continue to walk around our local back lanes for our daily exercise. Only very short today between rain.
Haven't been in a shop for 6 weeks but have good deliveries from local greengrocer and from organic on-line shop and friend and neighbours are filling the gaps. We are used to home baking - I make bread bread, and we both make cakes etc. Terry is just starting a croissant mix ready for tomorrow and we will share them with said friend and neighbours. (Delivery to doorstep :)) Then I have the ingredients for Tarta de Santiago. Just to keep the Camino in mind.

How are other Camigos doing? and maybe also what are you doing while staying home?

So sorry to hear of cancelled trips. I too was hoping to be on the norte again this Easter. But it's been nice to explore the east Devon hills in the sunshine instead. Perhaps next year......
Please keep me informed of future meetings, and happy baking.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well I'm basically working full-time from home. Office set up in the back of the sitting room and I'm as busy, if not more busy, as I was while working in the office. How does that work? :eek:
Unusually, I did not have a Camino already planned and booked for this year so I haven't had to cancel anything, although I was hoping to maybe go in the Autumn prior to the Covid measures. A couple of groups of my friends and a group my son had organised have all had to cancel/postpone their plans for Spring/Early Summer Caminos. I'm gutted for them but obviously there is no other course of action.
Take Care Camigos.

Such a shame - but like you say - we do live in the loveliest of places.... We have been exploring the lanes locally too - it is amazing how many footpaths/tracks we have never walked or walked 20 years ago...!
We have been building a porch - incorporating some stained glass and glass bricks (mostly from freecycle!) - yesterday i was able to put my ducks in a row (literally at least!) on the shelf and then put my statue of St James next to them....and might rustle up a tortilla later!!

Croissants cooked and ready to eat :). Shared, straight out of the oven and 'untouched by human hand' with neighbours who have been helping with shopping and friends opposite.
Looking forward to ours and putting the rest in the freezer for later.....

€46,-
We wonder how some of the 'Camigos' are doing these days. Sadly it does not seem practical to organise a meeting at present because of all the rules re contact, masks etc. and uncertainty over where the next 'hotspot' might be. Maybe some private meetings arranged by PM is the way forward for now for those who want to meet.
It is good to follow Johnnie Walker's pilgrimage on 'We walk for you' which @miguel_gp is posting for them. Thank you for that.
Meanwhile we continue to walk around here and hope to maybe have a few days self-catering some where before winter

Hi Valerie, Im fine, I have been working but had a 3 month quiet period( end of May to end of August) where I was waiting for my next placement, I have been on full pay but I almost wished I had been furloughed so I could have gone away and done something active (walk from Le Puy 😆 ).
My partner is back from Madrid and self isolating at our home, I have moved out for that period. The place I have moved to has shared faculties with several other people, one of them is a teacher for 11-16 year olds, she has already been tested because she had symptoms, negative, if she does come down with something I could be here for weeks while we all go down with symptoms at different times and have to self isolate recurringly. It does have a nice garden so might not be that bad.
I can't see us meeting up as group for a while. I have decided to play it safe and apart from work, shopping and excersise I am avoiding public areas as much as I can. The south west has been very fortunate in respect to the rest of the country regarding this virus but with schools going back and thousands of students coming back in stages over the next week's to Exeter Uni that might change. All the best
Mike

Hi All,
I am all well down in Plymouth, my wife and I decided at the outset that we would maintain a strict quarantine even when things began to move again. I had luckily stored a fair amount of dry and tinned goods before Covid had reared its evil head. (tip off from a friend who works in customs and was concerned about supply re brexit). I was only going out every two weeks for fresh veg and topping up what we had used from our store. We had been due to visit Spain and rent an apartment from friends on the coast near the Cabo de Gata national park at the end of May and that was obviously cancelled, we kept in touch and were impressed with the reports they gave us on how day to day life was progressing.
As lockdown was easing we were very concerned how people seemed to be recklessly going about their business so we maintained our isolation. Our friends had lost all uk rentals and things were getting very bad for them with no rental income and no support from the Spanish government. They had taken Spanish residency two years ago
At the beginning of July Brittany Ferries restarted the Plymouth -Santander route so we made the decision to visit them in Spain, I couldn't get a booking on the first crossing and eventually managed to book a crossing on the 12th July. It was flat calm all the way and everyone complied with the facemask rules, with 50% occupancy it was a very strange crossing and we felt very safe. We broke the trip south and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express just south of Madrid. We had taken enough food for the journey so had no need to venture out. On arrival at the apartment the Andalusian government imposed compulsory face mask wearing at all times unless sat at a bar eating or drinking, walking on or too the beach etc. It was compulsory walking around the swimming pool until you entered the water. There were taped off sections where you could sit on the grass as all beds were removed. I know it sounds a bit strange but it made us feel very safe.
Then Boris introduced the two week quarantine for people returning from Spain so the few new bookings our friends had received all cancelled, I checked with our insurance company and they said as we had started our trip before the new regulations were imposed we were covered.
We took advantage of this and extended the holiday twice and ended up staying for 29 days. it only cost us £20 to vary the ferry booking. The beaches were a lot quieter and the Police had employed beach marshals who continually patrolled and enthusiastically enforced the distancing rules and face mask wearing. many fines were issued and if you protested they were instantly doubled to 120 euro.
We arrived back in Plymouth on the 13th August and entered the two week quarantine with our children dropping essential supplies at the front door.
Sorry its a bit long but it was an interesting trip to Spain, we had planned to follow the camino Frances route towards Santiago from Burgos and then the VDLP in reverse on our original holiday over a three week period plus staying on the coast for three weeks. Next year? maybe?
Hope everyone is safe and i am looking forward to the time when we can resume the meetings

We are well too but still being very careful. Walking most days but little else. One day we might meet again........☺

We wonder how some of the 'Camigos' are doing these days. Sadly it does not seem practical to organise a meeting at present because of all the rules re contact, masks etc. and uncertainty over where the next 'hotspot' might be. Maybe some private meetings arranged by PM is the way forward for now for those who want to meet.
It is good to follow Johnnie Walker's pilgrimage on 'We walk for you' which @miguel_gp is posting for them. Thank you for that.
Meanwhile we continue to walk around here and hope to maybe have a few days self-catering some where before winter
Hi @Tia Valeria and @TerryB,
All good, still working hard. I managed a brief trip out to Santiago towards the end of July. Not to walk but to celebrate a birthday. Felt very safe on the journey there and back and whilst in Santiago itself, although the UK introduced the 14 day quarantine while I was away so I had that to look forward to on return.
Glad that you enjoyed the various blogs and videos from the WeWalkForYou project. It was great to be a part of it and it almost felt that I was there (but not quite 😞).
Hope to meet up again when it is safe to do so.

Hi All, there is a 'distanced' walk planned to Exeter Cathedral - if anyone in the area is interested...?!
I will cut n paste info below:

We have now agreed a date of Saturday Oct 10th for the one-day pilgrimage to Exeter Cathedral.

Here is the link which leads you to a description of the walk: https://britishpilgrimage.org/portfolio/exeter-cathedral-pilgrimage-in-a-day/

The options are to take the 9 mile walk from Newton St Cyres, or the 4 mile circular walk. If there is interest in both versions, then Charles will lead one group and I will lead the other. We will then all meet up at the Cathedral at an agreed time, and anyone who does not want to walk, but would like to join us at the cathedral and then for Tea, can do so. Further details will be sent out to anyone who expresses an interest in coming along. Charles and I will walk the route shortly to check on the going. We will also check on bus times to return to Newton St Cyres to collect our cars. This walk is subject to weather and to any government restrictions in place on the day. Please confirm if you are thinking of coming.

If anyone in Camigos is thinking of joining either walk - let me know and I'll get you added to the group email,
jo

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Camigos

I am late catching this as I have been in Wales. My son, his girlfriend and I walked the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. Not quite a Camino but certainly a challenging walk! It is 186 miles long with total ascents of 32,000 feet. I would recommend it to anyone as it is truly stunning scenery. However the path has been designed to be as close to the cliff edge as possible which I frequently found scary, so be warned.

To be as safe as possible we stayed in a holiday chalet at Freshwater East and used two cars to reach each stage. First we drove to the end point (hard to get our heads around to begin with), left one car there then drove to the start point. At the end of each days walk we then drove back to the start to retrieve that car. Everyone we met along the path was very conscious of distancing and we turned our backs if close. Our chalet included a washing machine - what luxury no hand washing socks in a sink!

We saw literally hundreds of seals and pups which was wonderful though they were usually a long way below us. St David's is only a mile from the path so a visit to the Cathedral is easy to incorporate into any plans. Right on the path is the ruins of St Non's Chapel, the site where St David was reputedly born. St Non was the mother of David and near this ruined chapel is St Non's Well, reputed to have healing properties. I particularly liked St Govan's Chapel which is built into the side of a cliff, a hermit's cell dating back to the 6th century.

I hope anyone who was to walk their first Camino this year has not given up the idea and will be able to go once they feel safe enough. It will be a worthwhile and amazing experience one day 🙏

Sounds lovely - we really want to walk that route soon - we have cycled the south coast of Wales to St Davids - and that had some awesome hills!! I am not good with heights either!!

St David's and the 2 chapels, St Non's and St Govan's, etc I remember from chidlhood visits and also from a holiday about 30 years ago. We still have the double sided woollen blanket that my mother bought at the Solva woollen mill 60 years ago.
We have taken to walking on Dartmoor lately but no plans for further afield at present - too many quick changes and uncertainties with 'rules'. Latest walk was along the granite railway skirting Hay Tor and then over it to come back to the car. Thinking about next walk for next week - in addition to walking locally.
Best wishes to you all :)

Mid-November, lock-down 2, it does not look as though there is any possibility realistically of meeting again this year. As we wait to see what happens in 2021 we will probably hand over arranging any meetings to others who remain more active, something we had already discussed with 2 members who might still be willing to take it on.

Meanwhile we walk on Dartmoor and more locally and have, like @David, decided that our days walking the Camino and in Spain are over. We will be around on the forum, but not as often as in the past.
Our best wishes to you all, stay safe and God bless you.

Sorry I seem to have missed some of the previous posts.
Tia Valeria, it's sad to think you may not walk the camino again. I hope you have lots of wonderful memories to look back on. Thinking of being back there is one of the things keeping me going through this horrible time. Meanwhile I will look out for you on Dartmoor.
Best wishes to all and stay well.

Hopefully this coronavirus will be dampened down by this lockdown (and the weather!) so that by early 2021 we can meet up to chat about all things camino again...
We enjoyed the Camino walk from Newton St Cyres to Exeter Cathedral - with CarolamS from Camigos and a group of CSJ members. A lovely sunny day!
We have had a few short walks locally in beautiful autumn colours.... but look forward to after winter solstice when the days begin to lengthen again....
I hope Tia and Terry will still be at our cafe meetings - otherwise we may have to arrange them in Chudleigh!!
Hope everyone on here is healthy and happy and able to ride out the particular storms that this strange year has brought - ultreya!

Just to wish all Camigos a happy and peaceful Christmas where-ever you are.
We will be quietly at home and hoping it is dry so we can walk somewhere locally.
Have you seen the lovely video with carols from Santiago at We walk for you 2020? on the forum.
Here we are planning on 'Doorstep Church - Sing Nativity' when we can sing our favourite carols on our own doorsteps. (Edit- this was good and worked like Easter 'Sing Resurrection)
God bless you all and keep you safe and well.

Last edited:
Happy solstice, Yule and Christmas - plus a much better New Year! to all Camigos, pilgrims and all those who wander...!

It would be great if you can get to meet up with us, we usually go to Darts Farm near Exeter. Accessible by bus or car and also train nearby
If you 'watch' this thread and 'with email' ticked then you should see when we plan to meet next. Probably early March or maybe late February.
Usually we suggest a few dates and then eliminate those that are no good, or go for the one that is most popular.
Makes me wish I still lived in Exeter!

So we come to the end of a very strange and different year to the one we expected at the end of 2019.
With restrictions still in place and meetings at present banned we can only wish you all a happier New Year and pray that one day we can meet up again to 'talk Camino'
God bless you all in 2021

After some brief discussions re next year we have asked the Moderators if this thread's title can be edited to be for 2020-2021 so no new thread at present and we will continue here. (Edit - and thank you Moderators for doing so)
Until we meet again......

Last edited:
Once again - this time happy new year for 2021. Hopefully it will be better for all of us and especially for those wanting to walk the Camino in this Holy Year.
Best wishes to all and Buen Camino

We have enjoyed meeting you all over the years as we have organised meetings. As we said in an earlier post @hecate105 has said that she will organise any future meetings.

We hope that folk can meet again soon but we ourselves need to move on in a new way. @TerryB and I have decided that we have come to the end of an era. We had already decided that we had walked our last Camino and we no longer plan to travel to Spain again. We will check out the forum occasionally so are not leaving completely. We are still pilgrims at heart ..... :)

It is time to concentrate now on family (we have not seen them since July 2020 because of restrictions) and on rebuilding our church group as 'Doorstep Church' - all dependent on when we can meet again.
God bless you all and Buen Camino
@TerryB and @Tia Valeria

We have enjoyed meeting you all over the years as we have organised meetings. As we said in an earlier post @hecate105 has said that she will organise any future meetings.

We hope that folk can meet again soon but we ourselves need to move on in a new way. @TerryB and I have decided that we have come to the end of an era. We had already decided that we had walked our last Camino and we no longer plan to travel to Spain again. We will check out the forum occasionally so are not leaving completely. We are still pilgrims at heart ..... :)

It is time to concentrate now on family (we have not seen them since July 2020 because of restrictions) and on rebuilding our church group as 'Doorstep Church' - all dependent on when we can meet again.
@TerryB and @Tia Valeria
Thank you so much for organising the meetings, I certainly enjoy meeting other like minded people. Best wishes for the future.
I am looking forward to the next meet up.

Nick.

@TerryB and @Tia Valeria

Thank you both, and good wishes for your future plans.
Perhaps some of us will be able to meet in 2021.

€46,-
@Tia Valeria and @TerryB
Thank you for all your hard work in setting up the Camigos group and arranging the meetings over the years.

I first met you in Spring 2012 in Santiago when, I think you walked in from the Camino Primitivo, and joined us for the Amigos Service Blessing in the Cathedral.

It was great to meet up with you subsequently in Exeter or Topsham and with the other Camigos that came along; @JennyH94, who I had welcomed into Santiago as an Amigo, the late, great Sagalouts who entertained us on his flying visit to the South-West to walk some of the coastal path, @David who taught me how to tie my bootlaces properly at the practical pilgrim day (I've not had a blister since!), to name but a few.

I look forward to meeting others when we are able, under @hecate105's stewardship.

I wish you both well as we start to come out of these trying times and physically reconnecting with family becomes a reality.

Un abrazo
Mig x

Buen Camino @Tia Valeria and @Terry B

I do hope that when we are able to meet up again you will join us. Meanwhile all the very best.

Having become very bored walking around Exmouth I signed up to the virtual Camino de Santiago. It has certainly perked up my walks. I haven't walked the Camino Frances so I am enjoying checking out which albergues to stay in, so far I've had no problems with bed bugs ;)

Good luck with your Doorstep Church and family - I think we are all looking forward to seeing family again - it has been strange times indeed...
Hopefully we can have a meetup - perhaps later in April ? If all goes well.....!
If anyone has any preferences of days/dates - let me know. I can't do friday mornings - but am happy to put work off for any other day!!!
We will miss you Tia and Terry - but hope you will come along sometimes - you can't resist the fish and chips at Dart's Farm any more than the lure of the scallop shell....!!;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since the easing of restrictions on 17th may will mean (fingers crossed!) that we can meet outdoors in groups larger than 6....perhaps some Camigos would like to meet up at Darts Farm - there are plenty of outdoor tables...? Maybe the week beginning the 24th may? Any suggestions - I cannot do friday morning but any other day is fine... It would be good to catch up with what we have all been doing instead of Camino...!! Any takers?!

I would like to come but my shift pattern is all over the place, if a date is arranged I will try and fit it in.
Abrazos
Mike

Last edited:
Since the easing of restrictions on 17th may will mean (fingers crossed!) that we can meet outdoors in groups larger than 6....perhaps some Camigos would like to meet up at Darts Farm - there are plenty of outdoor tables...? Maybe the week beginning the 24th may? Any suggestions - I cannot do friday morning but any other day is fine... It would be good to catch up with what we have all been doing instead of Camino...!! Any takers?!
Hi, I'm interested but it does depend on start time as I'm 2+ hours away from Topsham. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see what suits the majority.

That is such a great idea. Not a week I can make as we have arranged to walk the Clarendon Way from Salisbury to Winchester with friends and are away in our motorhome. Dart's Farm has been a very busy venue but it looks like they are building a better facility to serve outdoor refreshments. I will try and keep you updated on that.

That is such a great idea. Not a week I can make as we have arranged to walk the Clarendon Way from Salisbury to Winchester with friends and are away in our motorhome. Dart's Farm has been a very busy venue but it looks like they are building a better facility to serve outdoor refreshments. I will try and keep you updated on that.
Clarendon Way is just down the road from where I live. a beautiful walk through the Wiltshire/Hampshire countryside.

Greetings all, I'm OK for a catch up. I babysit on a Wed and Thursday but my wife could do it solo. So basically any day.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great idea @hecate105. We would hope to drop by, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday OK, but not Monday for us. We will watch this space.....

In that case - looking at all the comments - how about tuesday the 1st june instead?
Maybe more can make it and Carolam can tell us how good the Clarendon Way is!!
After that I will be away walking the coast path...
How does that suit folk?!

In that case - looking at all the comments - how about tuesday the 1st june instead?
I can make that :)

€46,-
Looks good to us ☺

Unfortunately, I can't make any day of that
week so I'll have to dip our but I hope to catch you all at the next one.
Buen Camigo.

Just a thought. Realise it is Bank holiday week and school holidays. Might be a bit crowded?

oh dear!! they seem to have far too many holidays nowadays!!
After that - I am away until early july...
What do people think? shall we go for that date anyhow (1st june) and then schedule another in july or august for those who can't make it - or are put off by the shrieking (the children not me!!) or just go for a date in july ? (before schools out again!!)

Keep the 1st June and then, as you suggest, a date mid July before school ends. Easier parking etc.......
Presume we will be meeting outside. We will bring our camp stools, kinder than the ground for our old bones ☺

I will bag one table at least!! but it is good to get the walking kit out!!

It is always busy at Dart's these days. They have a lot of outdoor tables well spread apart. What time are we meeting?

I will get there a little b4 10am - to secure a table! But if anyone can turn up throughout the morning - whenever you can - I am happy to still be there at lunchtime...for obvious reasons!!
For any newbies - I will have my cycle pannier with scallop shell attached on the table - shouldn't be too many of those about!!
So - 10-1pm Tuesday 1st june - be lovely to see anyone who turns up!!

I will endeavor to get a table away from the playground and near the trees!!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If anyone has not been before -
Dart's Farm is a large farm shop and cafes with fish and chip bar (and lots of other 'shoplets'!)
It is just off the A376 South East of Exeter. Well sign posted!

Just a reminder!
Camigos meet up at Dart's Farm ( just off the A376 South East of Exeter)
Tuesday 1st June 10 am onwards.
Look for a table outside by the trees with a scallop shell showing!
To chat about pilgrimages past and future!

Sad. Maybe another time. ☺

A shame Mig - nut we will have another later in summer....!

Have just seen this thread. Would love to join you but can’t make it tomorrow. Hopefully the next one. Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.