• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in S Devon 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Magwood, we will have another meet-up later in the summer - hopefully you can come then. We try to make a date most people can attend....

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great to see everyone today - what a scorcher!!
Lets have another meet later this summer when we will all have had a chance to go 'somewhere' walking!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a treat; walking talk in the flesh. A great feeling of 'old normal' with very pleasant company. Thanks to you all. Thanks also for the link @hecate105 I will enjoy watching this.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well - summer is limping to an end - although I needed my tilley hat on today when walking!
Shall we have another meet up at Dart's Farm soon? Perhaps sometime in November - catch up on what everyone has been up to whether Camino related or not...
I know Carolam and my husband walked the St Michael's Way this summer....an ingenious way of walking a Camino route without leaving the UK!!
Has anyone any preferences to day of the week? I can't do wed or friday....
Let me know..
For any newbies - Dart's Farm is on the outskirts of Topsham and Exeter - easily reached from the M5, and anyone with any interest in Caminos/pilgrimage etc is more than welcome.
Jo
Also there is a CSJ event - pasted below: let me know if you would like to go (unless you are already in touch with Wendy the CSJ local organiser) it will be a lovely mini pilgrimage I am sure!
'
A Prayer Pilgrimage Around the Churches of Central Exeter: Saturday Nov 27th.

This will be a short, generally flat walk, planned to enable as many members as possible to participate. We will visit the churches of St Stephen's, St Martin's, St Petrock's, St Olave's, St Mary Arches and St Pancras'. I will check to see which churches will be open, and may even be able to arrange for some, which are usually closed, to be opened for us. There will be a brief guide to points of interest in each church, and the opportunity for prayers, for those who choose.

There will also be the chance to visit the cathedral, with its chapel dedicated to St James. Exeter Christmas Market should also be in full swing, for those interested in a little shopping.

I would like to make a booking for lunch, so please can you let me know if you might be interested? I know it's a long way off yet, but a rough idea of numbers would be very helpful! Members who would prefer not to walk the pilgrimage, but who would enjoy the lunch, are most welcome to join us at the restaurant.

Darts Farm is a great idea Jo. Mondays are out for me and we are away the first half of November.
Can I make clear that it wasn't only your husband and I walking the St Michael's Way 😅. We were a group of 6 and certainly missed you Jo. As this route is a recognised route to Santiago de Compostela there are shell direction signs. Covid has meant the credential stamps are not currently available though.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Lets make it a date in the second half of november then folks! perhaps either tuesday 16th or 23rd? or if tuesday is difficult one of the thursdays then?
Sorry Carolam 🤣 I should of been clearer that you had help coping with him!!
Have you anypreferences to which day Daisy?

Just back from a few days in N Devon so late answering.
Like Daisy - ok if outside. We cannot do Thursdays but Tuesdays are usually fine.
If indoors we'll see you next year :)

I'm over in Spain at the moment and the ferry returns to Portsmouth late on the Sunday. Its a 30hour journey!! so are overnighting in Portsmouth then returning to Plymouth. Long winded way of saying should be ok for the 16th.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Great Tia ! And Bisnick - you will be needing a coffee!! Look forward t seeing everyone - lets hope for good weather!

Great Tia ! And Bisnick - you will be needing a coffee!! Look forward t seeing everyone - lets hope for good weather!
Is that the 16th confirmed - for our diaries or still maybe 23rd??
We'll keep praying for good weather :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Freudian slip Tia? ;)
Edited - now says 'good' as intended, although maybe I should have just put a 'G' instead of 'g' in view of the context :).

Lets say the 16th - still be warm and sunny then...:D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
'When you take that first step'...!!! What a lovely article. I am so glad that so many faith (and other ) groups have made the commitment to walk to Cop26. Although I think as far as politicians are concerned it will be Cop-out 26! But the example of ordinary citizens standing up for the rights of nature - with us as part of it is amazing. I know of several other groups too who are walking there - creating art pieces as they go - making pilgrimage a potent form of activism as well as a personal undertaking that enriches life. I loved the comment by the lady vicar that 'She was moved to walk because she believes more and more people are discovering God is in nature, ' So too are many people discovering that pilgrimage is a (probably) essential part of life... I think we become kinder, more thoughtful people when we become pilgrims.
It did make me giggle when a younger person said that the 'older' people said it was normal to let go of a daily shower when they were young! As a child you were chucked in the bath once a week - and that was deemed sufficient! We are lucky there are the resources to be able to shower/bath more often - but it should only be when actually needed - not just a mindless exercise in waste..... after walking 10-15 miles in Spanish heat perhaps!!
Lets hope it inspires us all to change the strange world we live in - the politicians may follow behind!

What sort of time are we looking at for our Dart's Farm meet-up on the 16th? Trying to get my diary in order before I go away!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can get there for 10.30am - if anyone can turn up from then until about 1pm - it would be great to see people and chat. I will get a couple of tables outside!

Excellent. Now we just want a dry day 🙏
I recall cycling to my first Dart's Farm Camigos, the cycle path was flooded and my shoes filled with water 😅. I'll drive!

Jo is now not able to attend our meet up on Tuesday so I said I was happy to host. There are lots of tables outdoors at Dart's Farm with plenty of space between them. I will be there from 10.30 with a shell so look out for that. I'll probably be wearing a turquoise beanie!

Dart's Farm address is
Dart Farm Village, Topsham, Clyst St George, Exeter EX3 0QH

Lots of free parking and refreshments are available from an outdoor kiosk.
There are airy giant teepees I think might be open if it's raining.
(Cotswold Outdoor have a branch here too.)

So do come along if you can, it will be great to 'talk the walk' 🥾👟😁

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It looks as though we will not make it either, which is a pity. Greetings to you all and trust you have a good time. Hope to see you next year...... :)

It's all changed since I last visited. Where are you all?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A quick question for those who follow/watch this thread.
I am happy to start a new thread for 2022, or we can continue here on this one. Both @hecate105 and @CarolamS are happy organising meetings so this would be our way of being involved too.
If we stay on this thread I will need to ask the moderators to edit the title - probably to 2020 onwards.... A new thread would wait until towards the end of December.
Thoughts please........

A new thread might make it easier to find.... I seem to find the thread without recent messages on - and then have to winkle it out!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Tia Valeria so glad you want to stay involved; you both have such a lot of experience that is great to hear about.
I will echo the 'start a new thread'. The current thread does not show in the search function now and takes a bit of finding even knowing it's here!

We were 2 at Dart's Farm and had a great chat about Spain and Camino experiences. In the new thread it will be nice to see if there are new members in our area who would like to meet up and chat. Perhaps we might walk together? I am seriously thinking of walking the CF next Spring so come the new year I will want to be walking whenever I can :oops:. Kit talk and preparation will be very pertinent 😅

Thank you all for the input. We will do as in past years, keep this thread live until after Christmas, then start a new one and ask mods then to terminate this. We will add a link to the new one from here too before asking for closure.
Finding it - I book marked it in my browser as well as watching it. Also from this thread, right at the bottom, I can see the old ones under 'similar threads' and this one is on the old ones :)

A little earlier than usual but I have just posted the new thread for the Camigos. After New Year I will ask for this one to be locked, as we have done in the past, so you might like to bookmark or watch the new thread.
It is not dated this time so as to be 'open ended' and is simply 'Camigos in S Devon'

Happy Christmas to you all

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Happy Solstice, Christmas, Yule and New Year to all the Camigos out there!!

Just to wish all a Happy New Year. May it be blessed and a year of meeting friends both old and new and of making new Camino friends.
Buen Camino

As we have started sending new year greetings on the new thread I will ask for this to be locked now.
The new thread , as posted earlier, is not year dated and is simply 'Camigos in S Devon' . We look forward to being able to meet again and talk Camino.
God bless you all in the coming year and Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.