• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • Please see this announcement regarding the Corona virus and the Camino (posted March 13t). Please also check with your government for any travel restrictions. We have also opened a thread with "Special Announcements and Advisories".
  • We have a new section of the forum that is for anouncing upcoming Forum Zoom Chats. Check it for times and dates and join us if you are interested and can make it. Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay safe! Ivar
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camigos in S Devon 2020

2020 Camino Guides

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
A happy new year to all, and here is our thread for this next year.
Hoping that we can continue to meet up here in South Devon and chat about the Camino
Buen Caminos peregrinos

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I am in Cornwall and would love some contact with other pilgrims in South West...
It would be great if you can get to meet up with us, we usually go to Darts Farm near Exeter. Accessible by bus or car and also train nearby
If you 'watch' this thread and 'with email' ticked then you should see when we plan to meet next. Probably early March or maybe late February.
Usually we suggest a few dates and then eliminate those that are no good, or go for the one that is most popular.
:)

kim in cornwall

Camino(s) past & future
Novice, plan to walk from porto in September.
Thank you so much for your speedy reply. Hoping to walk Vdlp this year, so would welcome the chance to compare notes etc etc.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I was hoping to find another pilgrim who is walking the VdlP in 2020.
It might be easier to find that on the VdlP thread, but one of the 'Camigos' might just be walking.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
A Happy and Hopeful New Year to all the Camigos in South Devon.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Not sure exactly where you live @JennyH94 but hope the awful fires are not affecting you.
Any plans yet for 2020 and the UK??

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Not sure exactly where you live @JennyH94 but hope the awful fires are not affecting you.
Any plans yet for 2020 and the UK??
Thanks for your concern regarding the bushfires, Tia Valeria. Steve and I have a second home at Culburra Beach in the Shoalhaven on the NSW South Coast. We’ve had bushfires near us but we’re safe. It’s been devastating for all who’ve been affected - so many fires, so widespread in many areas of Australia - and it’s a worrying time for everyone who live near bushland areas.
Plans for 2020 are still not set - I’m waiting on news from the Pilgrim Office as to whether or not my application has been accepted. I hope to hear late January/early February. I’ll be in touch once I hear from them.
In the meantime, a Happy and Hopeful New Year to you, ‘Tio Tel’ and all the Camigos in South Devon.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

kim in cornwall

Camino(s) past & future
I live midway between Callington and Launceston, where were you based?

Atc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP to Santiago 2020
I live midway between Callington and Launceston, where were you based?
I lived just outside Camborne. My parents still live in Cornwall. I've walked a fair bit of the SWCP down there..... you are really lucky.....I miss Cornwall a lot.

Atc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP to Santiago 2020
Have you plans for a camino this year?
Yes. I'm walking the Camino Frances this Spring. I've just started training..... the dreaded backpack starts coming with me on Monday lol. You're spoilt for choice with training routes aren't you? The Moors are really boggy at the moment, and our coastline up here isn't a patch on the Cornish coastline.

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2009 Portuguese Estellas 2014 Aurelia 2016 St Davids 2017 Via Augusta/V dl P. 2018 Michael Mary Way
Hi Kim, we cycled the VdlP a few years ago - so pm me if you have any queries. We did cycle most of the walker's route...!
There is also another group who are doing walks - usually with a pub visit! in Devon/Cornwall - all Camino folk, so pm if you are interested in that.
Hopefully, we will be having a meet up at Dart's Farm or the Cathedral this spring (any dates Tia?!) so if you come to that you will get plenty of advice/feedback etc!!

kim in cornwall

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Kim, we cycled the VdlP a few years ago - so pm me if you have any queries. We did cycle most of the walker's route...!
There is also another group who are doing walks - usually with a pub visit! in Devon/Cornwall - all Camino folk, so pm if you are interested in that.
Hopefully, we will be having a meet up at Dart's Farm or the Cathedral this spring (any dates Tia?!) so if you come to that you will get plenty of advice/feedback etc!!

kim in cornwall

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for that. Would love to attend Camigos meeting. Looking as though I will be walking from Viseu to S de C now

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2009 Portuguese Estellas 2014 Aurelia 2016 St Davids 2017 Via Augusta/V dl P. 2018 Michael Mary Way
Haven't been there but we cycled from Sintra, following the inland route from Porto. I know many of the Camigos are experienced walkers of all the Portuguese routes.... so good for info!

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Meant to say - I thought it was a stunning route - the countryside, the people, the vinho verde....!

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Thinking about a Tuesday in March.
We cannot be sure about a Saturday at present due to family visits, but maybe some one else can organise something for a Saturday and we will sort the Tuesday.
Any suggestions for which Tuesday at Darts Farm?
☺

Last edited:

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
And there's a plethora of March tuesdays...!
I cannot do the 31st - looking after too many dogs...:rolleyes:

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
And there's a plethora of March tuesdays...!
I cannot do the 31st - looking after too many dogs...:rolleyes:
Can we suggest Tuesday 3rd. Early enough that folk might not have started walking and leaves the rest of March free if some-one does want to organise a Saturday somewhere as well.
:)

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Me too - see you all there!

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
May I attend? ? Time and venue?
Be great to see you there.

For Kim and others new to our 'get-togethers':-
Darts Farm is near Topsham, just east of Exeter. Good parking, also not too far from train (Exeter - Exmouth line) and a bus stop almost outside. You can find it on google maps.
We usually meet any time from 11.00 onwards until after lunch - about 2.00pm. There is a delicatessen and also a fish and chip bar. [Note - not the main restaurant]
I will post a diagram here before the 3rd March, but it is on the threads for previous years if you want to look.
One of our Exeter Camigos might be able to post the bus number and times :)

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Just a reminder about our get-together on Tuesday 3rd.
For those who have not been before here is the plan of the farm shop/cafe area.
First there usually try for the big round table if it is free so if you are first please do that if you can.
And hopefully we will not be rained off this time.......

Attachments

Isca-camigo

Camino(s) past & future
Various ones.
Last edited:

daisy

Just a reminder about our get-together on Tuesday 3rd.
For those who have not been before here is the plan of the farm shop/cafe area.
First there usually try for the big round table if it is free so if you are first please do that if you can.
And hopefully we will not be rained off this time.......
Afraid I can't come to this one but best wishes to all.

Atc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP to Santiago 2020
Sorry I can't come this time, I'm afraid work calls. Hope you all have a great catch up.

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Good to see you all and chat on tuesday.
Am copying in an email from Wendy in case anyone wants to attend - (beautiful Holy Well at St Neots too!!)
Dear CSJ Friends,

I am delighted to let you know that we are having a Practical Pilgrim Day at The Village Hall, St Neot, Cornwall on Saturday March 14th, 10.so - 3.30. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone thinking about a Camino pilgrimage to come along and meet like-minded people, and to share the experiences and knowledge of fellow Camino enthusiasts. To tempt you further, there will be a pasty lunch!

You are all most welcome to attend. Please would you help to spread the word amongst any other walking groups, those at your church, and so on? We would be most grateful. I have attached a poster just in case you are able to print it off and distribute it locally. The event is being organised by Tony Ward, the CSJ Treasurer, and his phone number is on the poster.

As usual, Charles and I have a few spare places in our car if anyone would like to share a lift from Plymouth.

With warm regards to all,

Wendy
wendyemartin@hotmail.co.uk

Wendy has a program of pilgrimage-related walks/events in the Sw too- including Princetown on the 21st march.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Good to see you there @hecate105 , and @CarolamS .

We might look at trying to meet up before August but no promises at the present time.
All being well we will try to meet in November and then feel that it is time for some one else to organise meetings. Any takers???
:):)

hecate105

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
If someone is happy to do it for the next couple of years (while I'm off cycling!) I'd be happy to do it after that....! jo

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
If someone is happy to do it for the next couple of years (while I'm off cycling!) I'd be happy to do it after that....! jo
Sounds good :) We will keep going quite happily for the rest of this year. It is 2021 that we feel might need a change until @hecate105 gets back. Anyone??

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Well..... we hung on as long as we could but yesterday finally cancelled our booking for May. Partial refund on its way. Very sad as this was to have been our final time.
However we are enjoying the current lovely weather in a beautiful part of the world.
One day we will meet again, until then God bless you all.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2018
Camino Ingles, Caminos Muxia and Finisterre 2019
Sorry you had to miss out on your final trip @Tia Valeria and thank you for all the organising of Camigos in S Devon. I really appreciated meeting you and Terry before my Camino and hearing your advice and enthusiasm. I won't be walking the Primitivo this year either. But one day I will get there and will send you my good thoughts and wishes when I do.
I can try and 'temp' for @hecate105 next year if you like. At least I can put out feelers to see if anyone would like to meet up.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Tia Valeria Europe 85
Tia Valeria Europe 38
Tia Valeria Europe 85
Tia Valeria Europe 68
Tia Valeria Europe 35

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock