• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in S Devon

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Our 'Camigos in S Devon' threads have been running since 2015, one for each year apart from 2020-2021 which covers both years. This is our new thread for 2022 and beyond, not dated, which can run for as long as needed.

For those new to the 'Camigos' we meet near Exeter but you do not have to live in Devon, or even the UK, to join us. The name was adopted as a shortening of 'Camino Amigos' so all friends of the Camino are welcome and we hope to meet occasionally next year (2022).

The 2020-2021 thread will run until the New Year so will still be there for Christmas then I will ask the Moderators to lock it, as in previous years, (saves confusion when arranging meetings) . There will be a link to this thread on the old one before it is closed. Older threads are listed at the bottom of the page as 'similar threads' for anyone wanting to look at our past posts.

So Happy Christmas to all and Buen Camino to those planning to walk in 2022.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Happy New Year to all the Camigos!
Hope we all get to places we haven't been able to the last couple of years....
Ultreya! jo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just to wish all a Happy New Year here, on our new thread. May it be blessed and a year of meeting friends both old and new and of making new Camino friends.
Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Do we have any interest in meeting up next year to chat about Camino matters? This is a great opportunity for anyone new to Camino walking to meet some of us who have walked the odd mile in Spain (or Portugal). I certainly found it reassuring to meet experienced Pilgrims before my first trip. Thanks @Tia Valeria and @Terry B . It's fun to talk about kit and albergues and anything at all relating to a Camino de Santiago journey whether you've not yet been or have walked thousands of pilgrim miles.

We've previously met in Exeter (good for public transport) and at Dart's Farm just outside Topsham (large free car park, Cotswold Outdoor and cafés). Other suggestions welcome. I'm thinking maybe towards the end of February but that's flexible too.

Happy Christmas everyone and best wishes for 2023
Caroline

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Happy Christmas to one and all, would love a meeting at any time or place. I am in final plans for a walk through the Mesata, Burgos to Leon with a friend . Not sure of final dates as we found Easter was in the middle of when we planned.

Happy Christmas to one and all, would love a meeting at any time or place. I am in final plans for a walk through the Mesata, Burgos to Leon with a friend . Not sure of final dates as we found Easter was in the middle of when we planned.
I was able to walk through the Meseta in October and absolutely loved it. If you set off early remember to look behind you every so often: the dawn can be truly spectacular.

As you are coming from Plymouth do you have a location preference?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Devon Pilgrims meet-up: old or new, past present or future. Come and indulge in pilgrim related chat. New pilgrims will be very warmly welcomed (as will old ones too).

I am going to suggest meeting at Darts Farm on Saturday March 4th at 11 am. I hope we'll have lovely weather then we can sit outside. If the weather is wet there is shelter.

The location (EX3 0QH) is 2.5 miles from the M5 junction 30 at Sandygate (Exeter) and also on the main Exeter to Exmouth bus route. It's also linked to the cycle/walking path that runs between Exeter and Exmouth.

I would love to meet up too - end of feb great - off cycling Portugal end of march! Yay....wish it was a pilgrimage - but at least we will follow some of the Norte/Portuguese although backwards....:rolleyes:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That was quick Carolam! 4th march on calendar!!

Devon Pilgrims meet-up: old or new, past present or future. Come and indulge in pilgrim related chat. New pilgrims will be very warmly welcomed (as will old ones too).

I am going to suggest meeting at Darts Farm on Saturday March 4th at 11 am. I hope we'll have lovely weather then we can sit outside. If the weather is wet there is shelter.

The location (EX3 0QH) is 2.5 miles from the M5 junction 30 at Sandygate (Exeter) and also on the main Exeter to Exmouth bus route. It's also linked to the cycle/walking path that runs between Exeter and Exmouth.
I would like to come but that clashes with another arrangement. I will come if I can. Thanks for suggesting this.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great, thank you @CarolamS . If fine we hope to come. (Still avoiding indoor places as far as possible.)

I would like to come but that clashes with another arrangement. I will come if I can. Thanks for suggesting this.
I'm very sorry this date isn't good for you @daisy if you can make it we look forward to seeing you. If not then maybe a future date will work better 🤞

To anyone else reading this in the forum: forum members are meeting up in person near Exeter, UK for a coffee and chat. We'd love for any new Pilgrims to come and ask questions or just share their excitement/anxiety. Family and friends welcome too. Details in the thread above or 'start a conversation' with me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Absolutely yes. Details in post #14

Jo @hecate105 has kindly offered to 'meet and greet' as I am off to France for a last minute ski trip. I am very disappointed to miss this meeting though.

There will be a small number of people from the Confraternity of St James coming along. Wendy is the local coordinator and organises walks in the southwest. She and Charles are experienced Pilgrims. There might also be some CSJ newbies coming along. It will be a nice opportunity to combine our interests in Pilgrimage.

Everyone is welcome to come along to this get together near Exeter. It is good practice for 'Second Breakfast' 😁

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sadly we have to say we cannot make it on Saturday. Our church has a prayer day which we need to observe. Hope you have a good time together and we might see you at a future meeting.
Buen Camino to all planning to walk this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on saturday 4th - 11am....
You will be missed - Tia, Terry and Carolam!!
I put a new post on in the forum - so hopefully some new folk in the SW might see it! On y va!

€83,-
That is close to Topsham, isn't it? Exeter to Topsham along the Exe used to be my favourite running route ... in the olden days.

Oh, I sometimes miss my Exeter life!

That is close to Topsham, isn't it? Exeter to Topsham along the Exe used to be my favourite running route ... in the olden times.

Oh, I sometimes miss my Exeter life!
Yes it is just outside Topsham and has a link path to join the Exmouth to Exeter cycle/walk path. Anyone travelling to this meeting might enjoy exploring Topsham afterwards. It's an attractive little town, the top of the tidal part of the Exe. There are often black swans to be seen by the shore near St Margaret's Church.

Yes it is just outside Topsham and has a link path to join the Exmouth to Exeter cycle/walk path. Anyone travelling to this meeting might enjoy exploring Topsham afterwards. It's an attractive little town, the top of the tidal part of the Exe. There are often black swans to be seen by the shore near St Margaret's Church.
I remember Topsham fondly. Would love to join in ... just these days I live 2 flights plus two lengthy trips by coach away from Devon. :-/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.