• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'Camigos' in south Devon 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hola to all pilgrims, or would be pilgrims, in south Devon.
Would folk like to meet up as is happening in other areas? We would suggest Buckfast Abbey at the tea-rooms as being accessible from the Plymouth and Exeter ends of the A38 and also the area from Dartmoor to the coast.
We are just floating the idea at present but if there is interest then we could decide which day suits most folk.
Buen future Caminos,
TerryB and Tia Valeria

(Edit January 2015:- For meetings this year there is a new thread Camigos in S Devon - 2015)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Tia Valeria
I'm further east but would be interested in a Devon meeting - please let me know.

I'm frequently in Dawlish area so would be interested to meet fellow pilgrims if dates permit

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola Tim.
If you like to send us a PM if you already know some future dates then we'll make a few suggestions here. Also does morning or afternoon suit best? We are already aware that Monday is probably not a good day.

As a suggestion:- a Tuesday or Wednesday in mid February or early March. Morning or afternoon, for coffee or cup of tea. Saturdays could also be a possibility.
Feel free to make other suggestions but not for half term week please, which for our family is the last week of February.

Last edited:
Responses so far seem to be nearer to Exeter so lets change the venue. Darts Farm near Topsham has a tea-room and free parking. It is also accessible by bus from Exeter I believe. They also have a Cotswold Outdoor outlet. Would this suit folk better? Any other ideas?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm only a few miles up the M5 (60 or 80, depending on the venue) would like to come if dates suit!

I will be house sitting very close to Exeter for the summer and would love to attend a subsequent meetup during that time. Darts farm is a great suggestion.

Thinking through meeting together we wonder if we aim at February/March this time; then think about June, September and November as possible further get togethers.
We will post the first date, and any future ones in this thread.
Looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
After a few PMs with some of the interested folk this is our proposed meeting:-
Darts Farm, near Exeter on Wednesday 12th February - meet about 2pm onwards. That gives folk travelling longer distances time to get there and home. Light lunches available too, we think, if anyone wants to get there earlier.
Look forward to seeing all who can make that date. We have a spare Forum Badge which we will try to hang up somehow to identify ourselves:)

Future meetings we will post here too, so if you cannot make it this time then.............watch this space.

Last edited:
I have written it in my calendar. I think we will be noticeable - but if not a very loud "Buen Camino" should work :)

I have a miraz t-shirt from july 2010, its seen happier days and the colour difference between the yellow and blue has narrowed quite a bit but hopefully it will indicate what it needs too.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
At Mike's suggestion I have linked Darts Farm to the map page. Also if you want to read about our times on the Camino then the links are below each of my posts. Terry's walk is below the posts for TerryB. Somewhere in them are photos of us, but we will have to look for them. :)

I would love to to come along on future get-to-gethers, am working in France (unfortunately but happily!!) so would miss February. Dart's Farm sounds good to me too - if too busy - the pub nearby - The Bridge is one of Devon's best! I too am in Dawlish (usually). Great to have a Camino-related gathering locally - the last thing I remember going to was a slide-show and talk at Chudleigh - but that was several years ago...
I will watch this space...

Hola Hecate it will be good to meet you again. We were at that meeting in Chudleigh, presumably the same one. We'll check out the Bridge for future reference. Some folk will be depending on the buses so we'll have to make sure that it would still work for them too. Next time I am in Exeter at the bus station I'll pick up the timetables. Keep watching.............

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We have just had a message from further afield. We are meeting in south Devon, but it doesn't matter where you come from. We are not trying to be exclusive just making a convenient place to get together :). It might be good if folk indicate if they are coming, as others have already done, so we have some idea of numbers to look out for.

I can pick up timetables, there is a fairly frequent bus that runs between Exmouth and Exeter which drops off and picks up right outside Darts Farm. Topsham train station is about 15 minutes gentle walk away, there is direct trains from Barnstaple and Paignton and Exeter being the hub for trains from all around the country.
The Bridge has traditional opening hours, it shuts at 2.30pm in the afternoon and reopens at 6ish, lots of real ales no fruit machines and the music is real if there is any playing.

Thanks Mike, we'll leave the collecting of bus timetables to you. Getting into Exeter for us is made difficult by various roadworks at present.
Thanks to for the info re The Bridge, probably difficult then for folk depending on public transport. We'll have to look at the bus times etc. Also sending you a PM

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi If anybody wants the train or bus times send me a PM and i will post hard copies asap. I will try and put a link up to stagecoach who run the bus services for that route, which is either a 56 or 57 bus. The train line that goes through Topsham is also known as the Avocet line ,when i am on a proper computer will post link to that as well. The bridge is an excellent pub with lots of little drinking rooms where groups can sit and have a good chat, but(and i like this) they have made very little concessions to trends in public houses and their opening times.

Sounds like Darts Farm is best for daytime meetings, but if we want an evening meeting at some time then the Bridge is a good option. We'll have to study the bus timetables and people's work schedules etc for summer. At present we have loads of roadworks to contend with and night time road closures so very glad we have arrange our first meeting for an afternoon. Maybe a mix of times will be a good idea long term, assuming that folk want to meet a few times a year.
(Edit:- I just re-read mike's post. If the Bridge is open at lunchtimes and does a light lunch then maybe it would be right for a daytime meeting sometime and not confined to the evening. )

Last edited:
Just to give us all some idea of who is able to come, could folk post here please (if you have not already done so). I have several PMs but do not want to put a list up from them as PMs are confidential.
Thank you.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As per PM, hoping to come subject to work commitments. I will confirm in next two weeks.
If I can't make it this time will certainly look to come down to one of the later ones.
Regards
Mig

Ah... all these places give me a pang of homesickness! I'm an Exeter girl and I used to work near Dart's Farm (Fire HQ) - not been there for years! Have fun everyone :):)

Hi here are the links www.stagecoachbus.com/ and the train link is is a user group forum but has links to all the relevant train companies www.avocetline.org.uk.

For those people thinking of coming obviously the weather is quite a worry at the moment, hopefully the situation will settle at bit at the weekend and there will be a lull for a week or two before the next one in the queue of weather fronts rolls in.

The train mainline has been demolished at dawlish, I suspect that services will be resumed west of Newton Abbot and there will be bus links to Exeter.

I am away from early Friday morning to tuesday night. If any body still wants a hard copy of the bus schedules, try to Pm me early tomorrow.

Good luck everyone, i hope those who are thinking of coming have a safe journey.

Mike

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm looking forward to the meet-up and seeing such of you good folk as are able to attend.

Tim

I am glad that we were not meeting this week. Hopefully the weather will have improved by Wednesday 12th. Thanks for the bus links Mike. The train looks as though it will be out for months - very sad and dreadful for those living in the houses there. Our son used to go fishing along that bit of sea-wall, there is a walkway between the railway and the sea and there was a low section where it is breached.
Safe travelling for the meeting at Darts Farm - we too are looking forward to meeting folk.

I may be able to make a summer one when i come down from Yorkshire to Bridport to see my son, so I will keep my eyes open for your new dates. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Be good to meet you pilgrimb. There are a number of other folk too who hope to make a summer meeting, but cannot make our first one.

I am glad that we were not meeting this week. Hopefully the weather will have improved by Wednesday 12th. Thanks for the bus links Mike. The train looks as though it will be out for months - very sad and dreadful for those living in the houses there. Our son used to go fishing along that bit of sea-wall, there is a walkway between the railway and the sea and there was a low section where it is breached.
Safe travelling for the meeting at Darts Farm - we too are looking forward to meeting folk.

Hope to see you there.

Hola all hopeful pilgrims. Those of us who can make it to Darts Farm (for Wednesday around 2pm onwards) will, and we'll think about those who cannot.
Can I suggest that you carry or wear something to help us identify one another. Tilley hats and a forum badge on a lanyard for us. I think it was Mike who was talking about wearing a Camino tea shirt.
Look forward to meeting folk. Travel safely.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it in the end. I hope all who braved the elements today had an enjoyable and rewarding afternoon.

!Hasta la proxima!
Mig
Thanks Mig.
A great afternoon with 7 of us there. After the rain this morning I will not 'float' another idea but will 'make suggestions' :). Hopefully everyone reached home safely in spite of flooded roads nearby. More later. I have been busy with the local (Devon) FCN volunteers prayer chain tonight - re farmers affected by floods etc.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Tia and Terry -
Thanks so much for organising the pilgrim meeting on Wednesday. It was a huge pleasure and privilege for me to join you all. Dart's Farm was a great venue and it worked really well. A special thank you to David for so kindly collecting me from his local station and getting me back there safely through some pretty worrying weather conditions so I could get back to London in one piece, so avoiding me to have to claim on the travel insurance!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Trying to think round a further get together. Is Saturday March 29th any good for folk, same venue but maybe a bit earlier and take advantage of the delicatessan food bar or the fish and chips? Also 2 future dates 1) between 20th June and 2nd July and 2) between 7th and 13th September - probably the 8th/9th. One of these could be at the George and Dragon, almost next to the Darts Farm shop, but we would need to check out their times, facilities/food etc first.

Trying to think round a further get together. Is Saturday March 29th any good for folk, same venue but maybe a bit earlier and take advantage of the delicatessan food bar or the fish and chips? Also 2 future dates 1) between 20th June and 2nd July and 2) between 7th and 13th September - probably the 8th/9th. One of these could be at the George and Dragon, almost next to the Darts Farm shop, but we would need to check out their times, facilities/food etc first.

I could manage those September dates and so could peregrina b :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Can I group some of you folk from our first meeting into one PM, that would help if discussing dates 'to and fro', and still post here with suggestions etc. like the latest posts. If you are happy please could you use previous 'Camigos' PMs to let me know, then I'll make a group and 'leave' any old individual conversations which are obsolete. I could do the same with those who are coming to future meetings if that suits folk, it will keep my inbox clearer :) I think it will need at least 2 groups as I think only 5 people can join 1 conversation.

I am good for the 29th March.I would usually like to attend all these meetings, but hopefully my knee will be ok and will entering my 5 week on camino, so its provisionaly a no to the 20th June.

Mike

OK, 29th is on, actual time - might be good to meet around 11am and then have some food. It might be busier on a Saturday so they might appreciate us not taking up space but not eating. This is still the cafe section by the delicatessen and fish-n-chip bar, not the main restaurant side.

Hola All.
Just a reminder about meeting together next Saturday (29th) at Darts Farm, 11.00am onwards. Hope to see you there :)
T&V

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good to see you all. For those who wanted to see more about the Camino de Covadonga (Camino de la Reina) the blog is here. Most of the posts are in the June section. In the photo of the model of the Picos de Europa you are looking approximately south at the western edge of the Picos.
Best wishes to those who couldn't make it for various reasons :)

Sorry I couldn't make it.
Was hoping to but couldn't make it to Devon

Sorry you couldn't make it Tim, maybe next time!
We are looking at 20th or 21st June and maybe meet in Exeter at the Cathedral Refectory. Our overseas visitors overlap on these days and might like to see Exeter. It is also easier for travel. Maybe do similar in September (8th or 9th).
There is a suggestion to meet and walk for St James' Day based around Buckfast Abbey, or else in August, more later.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello everyone. I live in East Devon. I've only just noticed this thread so I sadly missed out on yesterday! I'd definitely be able to make the next one though. I love the Cathedral Refectory and often go there for my lunch when I'm in Exeter, and it's easier for me bus-wise too. It would be so lovely to meet you all. :)

Hola Eileen, it will be good to meet you. Does it make a diference as to whether we meet on a weekday or Saturday? PM if you prefer not to answer here.
Mike - do you know if buses are generally better or worse on Saturdays around Exeter? Ours are OK, it is Sundays which are poor.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola Tia. :) Either a weekday or Saturday is fine by me. Not sure if this helps, but the Stagecoach buses from the eastern end of East Devon have the same timetables Monday to Saturday inclusive, but Sunday is a much more reduced service. I think they are the same across the board but not certain about around Exeter itself.

Great, that keeps the options open. :)
Not around now for a short time
Tia V

Great to meet all at Dart's Farm and be able to chat to like-minded folk. I think a walk sounds like a great idea...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi it was good to meet you all on Saturday. Like Valerie said future meetings might involve a little walk, we will try to keep these around the historical pilgrimage through Devon and on to the ports. A couple of suggestions came up, Buckfast Abbey and the Hoe in Plymouth.Anybody who is looking at this thread who knows of places or walks feel free to contribute!

Buen Camigos

Responses so far seem to be nearer to Exeter so lets change the venue. Darts Farm near Topsham has a tea-room and free parking. It is also accessible by bus from Exeter I believe. They also have a Cotswold Outdoor outlet. Would this suit folk better? Any other ideas?
Perfect for me!! Any day except a thursday

Hello everyone. I live in East Devon. I've only just noticed this thread so I sadly missed out on yesterday! I'd definitely be able to make the next one though. I love the Cathedral Refectory and often go there for my lunch when I'm in Exeter, and it's easier for me bus-wise too. It would be so lovely to meet you all. :)
Hi Eileen I live in east devon work at the farmers market on a thurday in Exeter - do call if your about, so we could meet up, anyone else out there? I too am reliant on buses!

Hola to all pilgrims, or would be pilgrims, in south Devon.
Would folk like to meet up as is happening in other areas? We would suggest Buckfast Abbey at the tea-rooms as being accessible from the Plymouth and Exeter ends of the A38 and also the area from Dartmoor to the coast.
We are just floating the idea at present but if there is interest then we could decide which day suits most folk.
Buen future Caminos,
TerryB and Tia Valeria
I am inn east devon Woodbury would anyone like to meet up the Bridge sounded good or darts or Exeter. I work the farmers market in Exeter South street on a Thursday so if your passing , please come and say hello. I will be doing the Camino Frances this September (third week)

Perfect for me!! Any day except a thursday
Hola Annie. The Darts Farm venue was for our first 2 meetings.

In June the plan is to meet in Exeter as it could be very busy at the Farm cafe. Also some folk are coming from far afield by train and Exeter is a better option for them this time. The date will be either 20th or 21st (Friday or Saturday) but I'll confirm this in a couple of weeks. Suggest about 11.00am again for coffee, lunch etc so folk can come and go as it suits them. The 'Serlo' cafe is through the gate in the iron railings to the right of the Cathedral's west front. If we meet inside we can always migrate outside if the weather suits. :)

Hola Camigos. The best date for our next get together seems to be Saturday 21st June, 'Serlos' cafe at the Cathedral (previously known as the refectory) Directions in the post above for those who do not know Exeter Cathedral. If we meet 11.00am onwards like last time, it seemed to work well. If using a car the P&Rs can get very busy, but I think most folk are on public transport this time.
In September more folk will be in cars again I think, and some will be coming from Dorset, so Darts Farm might be good again - comments?

Looking forward to seeing folk again, and Buen Camino to those who will be walking/serving on the Camino - we'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

and Buen Camino to those who will be walking/serving on the Camino - we'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Thank you Valerie and if I am still walking will set aside time at 12 on the longest day and think of the Camigos.

Hi Tia -
Thanks for the confirmation on the date and the location of the next Camigos meeting. I'm very much looking forward to being there and catching up with everyone. I'll now book my train from London.
Serlo's looks terrific. I was interested to read that Dean Serlo, for whom the restaurant is named, was the first Dean to serve at the Cathedral, from 1225 to 1231 and that he's buried in the Cathedral.
Thanks for organising the meeting, and best wishes -
Cheers - Jenny

Hola Camigos. The best date for our next get together seems to be Saturday 21st June, 'Serlos' cafe at the Cathedral (previously known as the refectory) Directions in the post above for those who do not know Exeter Cathedral. If we meet 11.00am onwards like last time, it seemed to work well. If using a car the P&Rs can get very busy, but I think most folk are on public transport this time.
In September more folk will be in cars again I think, and some will be coming from Dorset, so Darts Farm might be good again - comments?

Looking forward to seeing folk again, and Buen Camino to those who will be walking/serving on the Camino - we'll be thinking of you and praying for you.
Hi Valeria
Sorry I missed the message about the March meeting, and cannot make 21 June, but do keep me in touch. Thanks

Hola Camigos. Just a reminder about our meeting on Saturday 21st June, 'Serlos' cafe at the Cathedral 11.00am onwards. Inside to start with, we can always move outside if it is a lovely day. The cafe is L shaped so we might be out of sight round the corner.
Also a reminder that Serlos is to the right of the west front and through the gate in the iron railings, then the door is in the far right corner .
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Last edited:
Apologies for not posting recently, but I very much hope to be there. I feel a bit of a fraud as I'm not sure that my health will allow me to walk the Camino, but I really do want to, so you never know. It'll be so lovely to meet you all. :)

@ AnnieY : I want to get into Exeter sometime on a midweek day, so I'm going to try for a Thursday and I'll certainly come and say hello when I do. I never know what my health will be like from one day to another, so I can't arrange for a specific day...I'm crossing my fingers for the meet-up and will do my best to be well for that day. :)

Apologies for not posting recently, but I very much hope to be there. I feel a bit of a fraud as I'm not sure that my health will allow me to walk the Camino, but I really do want to, so you never know. It'll be so lovely to meet you all. :)

@ AnnieY : I want to get into Exeter sometime on a midweek day, so I'm going to try for a Thursday and I'll certainly come and say hello when I do. I never know what my health will be like from one day to another, so I can't arrange for a specific day...I'm crossing my fingers for the meet-up and will do my best to be well for that day. :)
Hi I'm at the farmers market on a Thursday 8-2 selling beer! (micro brewery) but next week the market isn't on as road repairs. I live in Woodbury is that near you??

just found this - I am sure I will be there -

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm in Seaton at the far eastern end of East Devon, Annie. :)
I know it well, but its difficult from here to get to, I have friend in Axmouth both of us car less and cant seem to meet up unless she comes to Exeter! This week the farmers market is closed but if you do come into Exeter I can come in and meet you?

See you all Saturday week! I'll be at Serlo's around 11.30 if my train from London is on schedule. I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone and to discussing "All Things Camino"!
Cheers - Jenny

Sadly I cannot be with you on 21/06
Have fun !

We'll miss you Tim. Maybe see you in September.

Meeting on 21st. Miguel has just alerted us that Serlos may be closed. We are investigating. Watch this space

All is well - to borrow David's phrase. Serlos has re-opened and we have a table booked - we will be there from 11.00am onwards. Look forward to seeing you again or meeting new folk

It is such a beautiful morning here in Hampshire where I have to be this weekend. I hope it is the same for you in Devon - have a great day.

I'm very sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it after all. Hope you all have a great meet up. :)

Annie, I'll come and say hello when I manage to get into Exeter as I'm aiming for a Thursday. :)

It wasnt Jaca it was a little place called Ulle. A little chapel by the side the of the road. Gave thoughts to my folks and the people who Valerie suggested in a PM, this was like Le Grange the gite in France where just the the remberance of the reasons around a camino can help you deal with the physical hardness of the the camino and get you to your destination.

Have a great day in Exeter hope its not too hot, the centre of Exeter can be sweltering sometimes.

Thanks V & T for arranging again and for organising the good weather :cool:.

Nice to put some more faces to names and to meet once again @JennyH94, who had walked into Santiago in May 2012 while I was serving as an Amigo.

Best wishes for your various trips to Spain over the coming months.

Buen Camigo
Mig

Hi everyone - it was so great to catch up with everyone, to swap stories and to share a little of our lives OFF the Camino! Mike - were your ears burning?! :D
Mig's post is another example of why we all know that it's a small world when it's Camino people ... Two years ago, when I walked into Santiago, so emotional that I had actually made it, one of the first people I saw was an English amigo - so, so friendly and helpful, who gave us his congratulations and directed us to the Compostela office. I have never forgotten his fantastic welcome to Santiago and his help.
When I walked into the Cathedral cafe today I saw that familiar face - yes! - it was the same amigo! It's Mig! I couldn't believe it!
Mike - it looks as though you're having an awesome time - I hope you're still planning on coming to Rabanal - I've got those housework gloves I threatened to get! Size Large!
Thanks again to everyone and cheers -
Jenny

It was good to see you all today, and we remembered those who were not with us. Thanks for remembering us too.
I do manage to pick the days :) there was a service for Armed Forces Day in the Cathedral so it was closed to the public, police and sniffer dogs on duty inside instead.
The funniest photo - the helmets hanging on the railings at the top of the steps. I took one on a very old phone and will see if I can get it off to post here.
Jenny you must have been in Santiago about the same time as we were (2012) as we arrived on the Tuesday and went to the Amigos inaugural service the next day.
Great to meet another non Devon pilgrim (Sagalouts) as well as Enfermera and Annie as 'new faces'. Looking forward to seeing some of you again, plus others, in September
Safe travelling and best wishes to you all
(Edit:- Photos at top of page 2)

Last edited:
Hi everyone - it was so great to catch up with everyone, to swap stories and to share a little of our lives OFF the Camino! Mike - were your ears burning?! :D
Here's another example of why we all know that it's a small world when it's Camino people ... Two years ago, when I walked into Santiago, so emotional that I had actually made it, one of the first people I saw was an English amigo - so, so friendly and helpful, who gave us his congratulations and directed us to the Compostela office. I have never forgotten his fantastic welcome to Santiago and his help.
When I walked into the Cathedral cafe today I saw a familiar face - yes! - it was the same amigo! It's Mig!
Mike - it looks as though you're having an awesome time - I hope you're still planning on coming to Rabanal - I've got those housework gloves I threatened to get! Size Large!
Thanks again to everyone and cheers -
Jenny

My ears are burning any way its hot up here! Rabanal is a must stop for me, even if I have to sleep on the porch(which I will) as long as i can come in for a shower! Was going to to do that yesterday but the place was hopping only like spanish towns can, so decided that even if I slept rough I was not going to get any sleep, so bit the bullet with a vastly OP hotel. Have to be in Burgos for the 2nd July my gf wants to walk for a few days with me, then leave Leon no later than 10/7 and take it easy from Leon,I fly out of A Coruna on the 25th.

Hope that if South Devon keep meeting then walks and some kind of waymarked route to Plymouth comes out of it.

I am having an incredible time even when its really difficult, I think I entered this camino with an attitude of 'que sera, que sera' and you never really know how things and feelings will be until you are in them but 'Viva Camino de Santiago'.

Mike

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Al the optimist and @pilgrim b Hola again to you both (all). We are looking at September 8th or 9th - either Serlos again (easier for those on train/bus) or Darts Farm which is easier for those with cars, but P&R services are easy access from M5 and other routes.
There is more space at the Cathedral cafe and also seating outside. (Not sure why we didn't think to migrate outside on Saturday)

Any thoughts folks??

That sounds good Valeria we (Jennie and me) can make it then, hopefully Al will adjust his retirement schedule, tell the Dean of Exeter to set up the Botafumeiro for us!;)

At least we hope not to have the sniffer dogs, but the Guards marched past us (complete with bearskins) as we waited for the bus back to the P&R. I didn't have my phone on so no photo. Still struggling to get the one of the helmets on the railings off the phone. It is so old it is infra-red to ancient W98 computer, which I was surprised I actually managed to boot up. One of those relics that hasn't been recycled yet. :)
I'll take that as a vote for Exeter itself, which was broadly the general feeling I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.