• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminho da Fe, Brazil.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
A pilgrim Facebook friend of mine walked the Caminho da Fe in Brazil a few years ago. So I was interested to read this article today by a journalist who walked the route. In Portuguese but Google Translate seems to make a pretty good job at rendering it in English. One I might add to the "perhaps" list if I can get over my anxieties about South American wildlife :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
What a wonderful discovery — thank you. It took me a moment to discern that “bubbles” were “blisters.”

I don’t know what Brazilian wildlife I should worry about. It’s the journalist’s distances, which were very long, that caught my attention. I’m guessing from the official website’s map that they didn’t need to be quite so long if you had the time to stretch it out.

The destination, the National Shrine of Aparecida, is the second largest church in the world, interesting in its own right. Who knew? Thanks again.

I would have thought wildlife would have been the least of worries. Each time I have been to Brazil the amount of crime is what is worrying. Not a safe country to visit at all.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I visit my homevillage in Galicia always stop on my return to Madrid in a Vega de Valcarce (CF) bar to have a bocadillo and talk with pilgrims. Yesterday, there were many pilgrims walking there and I was talking with a couple from Brazil, they told me that the Caminho da Fe is beautiful, has albergues, is safe but is hard. They asked me to say it on this forum.

One of my Facebook friends is a BBC journalist. In 2015 he walked the Caminho da Fe and made a radio programme about his journey. That doesn't seem to be available online but this article is still up for viewing. Looks interesting but I'm not that intrepid!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back