A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Caminho de Mar...

2020 Camino Guides

Heidi67

Camino(s) past & future
Plans to walk in 2014, august
What is that, Caminho de Mar? Planning to do a longer walk from Lisboa in spring 2017, is this "de Mar" where? When I translate it means "over/by the sea"...

Isca-camigo

Camino(s) past & future
Various ones.
Have a look at this website www.cnc.pt/artigo/3126 The route was way marked 2 years ago and follows the historical path you see on your credential maps starting from Lisbon and going North West, the difference between the modern day route and the older one is that the newer one starts in Cascais/Estoril and then follows a coastal path to Sintra, the older one started in Lisbon and then went direct to Sintra. The other difference is that this route ends up in Fatima connecting to the central path at Ansiao, the historical route went to the west of Fatima by about 25km going to Pombal and then to Coimbra. It could be possible to stay in Fire Stations along the way, on a different walk to Fatima I stayed at one in Torres Vedras. Alternatively you could just follow coastal paths to Porto, there is some mapping out there so you can do this, a Spanish/Galician gentleman has produced maps for this and they freely available from his website, his name is Luis Freixo. Bom Caminho

Last edited:

peregrina2000

Staff member
Heidi,
We recently started a "Coastal Route from Lisbon" section of the Camino Portugues, so I've moved this thread to that location. As you'll see if you look at the map on the site linked by Isca-camino above, though, this camino really doesn't spend much time at all on the coast.

But Aurelio provided a link to another trail, Trilho das Areias, which is directly on the coast.

http://trilho-das-areias.webnode.com

Heidi67

Camino(s) past & future
Have a look at this website www.cnc.pt/artigo/3126 The route was way marked 2 years ago and follows the historical path you see on your credential maps starting from Lisbon and going North West, the difference between the modern day route and the older one is that the newer one starts in Cascais/Estoril and then follows a coastal path to Sintra, the older one started in Lisbon and then went direct to Sintra. The other difference is that this route ends up in Fatima connecting to the central path at Ansiao, the historical route went to the west of Fatima by about 25km going to Pombal and then to Coimbra. It could be possible to stay in Fire Stations along the way, on a different walk to Fatima I stayed at one in Torres Vedras. Alternatively you could just follow coastal paths to Porto, there is some mapping out there so you can do this, a Spanish/Galician gentleman has produced maps for this and they freely available from his website, his name is Luis Freixo. Bom Caminho
Thank You so very much, very helpful! <3

Heidi67

Camino(s) past & future
Heidi,
We recently started a "Coastal Route from Lisbon" section of the Camino Portugues, so I've moved this thread to that location. As you'll see if you look at the map on the site linked by Isca-camino above, though, this camino really doesn't spend much time at all on the coast.

But Aurelio provided a link to another trail, Trilho das Areias, which is directly on the coast.

http://trilho-das-areias.webnode.com
Thank You, this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock