• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Caminho Portugues variant from Porto to Braga and Ponte de Lima 1

No permission to download

Pilger99

Time of past OR future Camino
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
Pilger99 submitted a new resource:

Caminho Portugues variant from Porto to Braga and Ponte de Lima - Porto, Braga, Ponte de Lima thoughts, distances and lodging

After the caminho from Lisbon to Santiago and the coastal route from Porto I thought about some variation.
Fortunately the way towards Braga was easy to find on maps, but I found it difficult to get proper information about it. As this situation still continues, I sorted my pieces of information to encourage others to follow these arrows.

To take this path means your are off the mayor routes, but don't consider it totally empty. I was told about 1000 pilgrims take this route per year. The...

Read more about this resource...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There's that train station in São Romão - perhaps the good old trick of walking there, taking the train back to sleep and then taking the train back the next morning is the best way to avoid that long stretch?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back