• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminho Portuguese Interior (CPI)

Ray Boneski

Ray B
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances from Bordeaux March-April 2017
I am considering starting my next camino in Viseu on the Caminho Portuguese Interior and joining the Camino Sanabres enroute to Santiago. There is an interesting and well-written forum on the CPI on this site. However, I am wondering if there is an existing guidebook for the Caminho Portuguese Interior? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I used Brierley's "Camino Portugues". Also have "The Camino Portugues" by Kat Davis, published by Cicerone, but did not have that with me. Lived in Portugal 3 years (2000-2002): 2 in Braga, 1 in Lisbon, but at that time did not know about the Caminho. On the Caminho in 2018, I enjoyed visiting places I knew, and many I'd not known about.

You can consult information and maps on this site of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro.

Watch out in the maps section!

Here: https://cpis.utad.pt/

Bom Caminho!

I used Brierley's "Camino Portugues". Also have "The Camino Portugues" by Kat Davis, published by Cicerone, but did not have that with me. Lived in Portugal 3 years (2000-2002): 2 in Braga, 1 in Lisbon, but at that time did not know about the Caminho. On the Caminho in 2018, I enjoyed visiting places I knew, and many I'd not known about.
Hi Jane,

Neither of the guides books you mentioned have information on the Portuguese Interior Camino I don't think. My copies do not anyway, unless they have been updated since 2020. Do your copies have Interior route info?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Jane,

Neither of the guides books you mentioned have information on the Portuguese Interior Camino I don't think. My copies do not anyway, unless they have been updated since 2020. Do your copies have Interior route info?
Her post is nearly three years old and it sounds to me as though she was not aware that the question was about the CPI and not the CP Central, which are sometimes conflated. As far as I’m aware, there’s no guidebook for the CPI.

Overview of Camino Routes in Portugal

Her post is nearly three years old and it sounds to me as though she was not aware that the question was about the CPI and not the CP Central, which are sometimes conflated. As far as I’m aware, there’s no guidebook for the CPI.

Overview of Camino Routes in Portugal
I just pulled out the book I have by Kit Davis. Cover says: "From Lisbon and Porto to Santiago - Central, Coastal and Spiritual Caminos". I bought this book after I had done the Portuguese following Coastal using Brierly.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
https://www.almedina.net/caminhos-d...MI_OiYpPe69QIV6oxoCR2jogRjEAQYCCABEgKuLfD_BwE

Synopsis​

Since the 9th century, pilgrims from all over the world, departing from the most distant places, head to Santiago de Compostela, to venerate the apostle James. For reasons of faith, cultural motivations or just the challenge, many decide to walk the Way.
The Caminhos de Santiago Guide is a complete and rigorous itinerary that promises to take pilgrims by the hand along the original itineraries that cross the Portuguese territory on the way to Santiago de Compostela. Here, pilgrims will find detailed information on all the stages of the Portuguese Central Way, the Coastal Way, the Portuguese Interior Way and the Torres Way.
The ideal guide for those who are going to do the Camino for the first time, but also for those who want to travel other Portuguese Jacobean paths.

Author​

PAULO ALMEIDA FERNANDES​

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back