• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminhos de Fátima and Santiago in Portugal

Rodrigo Cerqueira

Time of past OR future Camino
3 French from St. Jean Pied Port, 3 Portuguese from Lisbon, 1 Portuguese from Porto, 1 Primitivo from Oviedo, 19 Lisbon - Fatima, 2 Porto - Fatima, 1 Coimbra - Fátima... Open the caminhos Nascente Fátima - Tomar, Poente Nazaré- Fátima, the north connection from Fátima to Ansião and Caminho Santiago central.
The comum paths between the Caminhos de Fátima and Caminhos de Santiago in Portugal.

IMG_0791.JPG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you are going north to Santiago it's yellow arrows if you are going south to Fatima it's blue arrows. Bom caminho.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
So Santiago is going to be yellow arrows? I will be walking from Porto.
If you are going north to Santiago it's yellow arrows if you are going south to Fatima it's blue arrows. Bom caminho.

The comum paths between the Caminhos de Fátima and Caminhos de Santiago in Portugal.

View attachment 32667

I think this sketch map can be misleading to people walking the Caminho without the intention of going to Fátima. I don't think it gives an accurate depiction of the parts of the Caminho de Santiago that overlap with the Caminho de Fátima. Tomar is not a spur off of the Caminho, it is a town on the Caminho de Santiago and a spur off of the route to Fátima. It's Fátima that is the spur off the Caminho, if that makes sense. My understanding was that the two routes coincide from Lisboa up to a point near Santarém, and then the two split. The Caminho to Fátima heads west, but the Caminho de Santiago from Tomar goes from Santarem to Golega to Alviaizere to Rabacal and then into Coimbra.

I also thought that the two caminhos rejoined south of Coimbra maybe near Ansiao (?). This may be confusing and maybe I have some of it wrong, but I am sure that Tomar is situated directly on the Caminho de Santiago. Maybe you can help clarify, thanks! Laurie

I think this sketch map can be misleading to people walking the Caminho without the intention of going to Fátima. I don't think it gives an accurate depiction of the parts of the Caminho de Santiago that overlap with the Caminho de Fátima. Tomar is not a spur off of the Caminho, it is a town on the Caminho de Santiago and a spur off of the route to Fátima. It's Fátima that is the spur off the Caminho, if that makes sense. My understanding was that the two routes coincide from Lisboa up to a point near Santarém, and then the two split. The Caminho to Fátima heads west, but the Caminho de Santiago from Tomar goes from Santarem to Golega to Alviaizere to Rabacal and then into Coimbra.

I also thought that the two caminhos rejoined south of Coimbra maybe near Ansiao (?). This may be confusing and maybe I have some of it wrong, but I am sure that Tomar is situated directly on the Caminho de Santiago. Maybe you can help clarify, thanks! Laurie

Hi Peregrina 2000
You are absolutely right, its our mistake. We don't want pilgrims to walk in a misleading path. If you check our map on the home page we make reference to the separation of the Caminho de Santiago and Caminho de Fátima. Due to the complex work to make the document presented above, we forgot to add the information about the Caminho de Santiago. ASP we will publish we will correct the document.
Thanks a lot Peregrina 2000 for your corrections. Ultreya.

home.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks a lot Laurie.
It's great when pilgrims can work together to create better Caminhos.
Kind Regards.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, I figured that you or someone in your organization painted them. I posted the photos for the benefit of other pilgrims who may link back to this older thread. We met a number of south-bound pilgrims heading to Fatima when we walked north from Porto last year.
Thank you :)

View attachment 32667
Hi Rodrigo,

I walked that Way :cool:
much more natural than CF, less commercial a true pilgrimage Way. I recommend it to everyone, especially "Variante espiritual" from Pontevedra to Padron.

:)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.