• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camini Sant Jaume and Buying Gear in Barcelona

Anyone know of a good place in Barcelona to buy winter gear? I have a backpack and various stuff that has survived from the Camino I walked last Spring. I want to leave for Montserrat within a week so the quick replies are appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No advice about Barcelona, I fear, but I have recently learned that the Ca' d' Aleix in Tarrega may be closed-- it is worth enquiring for accommodation at the turismo and the ayuntamiento, but that there is a new albergue in Berbegal (between Monzon and Huesca). The Amics de San Jaume in Barcelona will have the best and up to date information.

Enjoy the walk-- I have done the route twice now, and it is most extraordinary.

I would never advise the northern route in winter. The Sierra de Loarre would likely be impossible, and the Sierra de la Pena certainly would be. Professional equipment and support would be necessary, and I doubt that the authorities would permit it. As well, there are significant stretches into without much population and, should the weather turn very foul, the open fields could be unpleasant to dangerous.

I have not tried the Ebro route. Last year, I stood at the intersection of the two west of Tarrega and flipped a coin. North it was. From the Amics handbook, which you should not think of walking without, there are many more albergues and other accommodation. If you are walking in winter, I would suspect that many of the albergues will not be open, but there are always fondas, hostales and rooms above cafés. The Amics in Barcelona should be able to give more specific information on this.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.