• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino and Post Camino Itinerary

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

The day-to-day stages for Camino Ingles were pretty straight forward to figure out. There are a two pre-bookings done for the pilgrimage; primarily because I wanted to stay at a specific place for the night, not because of concern that we would be stranded with nowhere to sleep :)
  • Ferrol
  • Puentedeume
  • Betanzos
  • A Rua
  • A Lameira
  • Santiago de Compostela
The post-Camino road trip itinerary was more thought provoking, and depended a lot on what Jill's wants and priorities are. I'm just the chauffeur driving Miss Daisy :) I am making sure that I have plenty of Euros for all the tolls, and decided to go with a diesel-fueled rental for a bit more economy.
  • Madrid
  • Paris
  • Rocamadour
  • Marseilles
  • Florence
  • Lake Como/Torno
  • Lucerne
  • Mittenwald
  • Salzburg
  • Nuremberg
  • Frankfurt
Some of the locations we are stopping at, like Paris, Rocamadour, Florence, Nuremberg, are multi-day visits which will also be used as a staging ground for day trips throughout the region.

For instance, Jill wanted to focus on Northern Italy for this trip, so we will make several road trips from Florence to places like Pisa, Lucca, Sienna, San Gimignano, Volterra, driving SR 222 and SR 2, etc. We did the same thing in the other countries, basing out of a city or town in a region she is most interested in exploring. So, many of the locations on the list also involve day trips to other areas.

So, the itinerary is full and Jill is content. Well, content for now.

Yup. . Jill has already purchased our tickets on the OFFICIAL SITES to places like the Prado, Louvre, Accademia, Uffizi, etc. (Reserve your date AND time :) )

Me, I purchased our tickets for the important things, like the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine tour. I am also cutting my trip to the Louvre short and leaving Jill to wander its halls. I made arrangements to have some real fun working at a small, family bakery for a couple of hours. :)

I did install an easy to use pedestrian-friendly route finder app onto Jill's phone so that she can wander Paris freely, should she decide to go all tourist mad-shopper on me, and wants to leave me behind.

Anyway, I am most looking forward to my time on Camino. . . the other stuff is just icing on the cake :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The day-to-day stages for Camino Ingles were pretty straight forward to figure out. There are a two pre-bookings done for the pilgrimage; primarily because I wanted to stay at a specific place for the night, not because of concern that we would be stranded with nowhere to sleep :)
  • Ferrol
  • Puentedeume
  • Betanzos
  • A Rua
  • A Lameira
  • Santiago de Compostela
The post-Camino road trip itinerary was more thought provoking, and depended a lot on what Jill's wants and priorities are. I'm just the chauffeur driving Miss Daisy :) I am making sure that I have plenty of Euros for all the tolls, and decided to go with a diesel-fueled rental for a bit more economy.
  • Madrid
  • Paris
  • Rocamadour
  • Marseilles
  • Florence
  • Lake Como/Torno
  • Lucerne
  • Mittenwald
  • Salzburg
  • Nuremberg
  • Frankfurt
Some of the locations we are stopping at, like Paris, Rocamadour, Florence, Nuremberg, are multi-day visits which will also be used as a staging ground for day trips throughout the region.

For instance, Jill wanted to focus on Northern Italy for this trip, so we will make several road trips from Florence to places like Pisa, Lucca, Sienna, San Gimignano, Volterra, driving SR 222 and SR 2, etc. We did the same thing in the other countries, basing out of a city or town in a region she is most interested in exploring. So, many of the locations on the list also involve day trips to other areas.

Yup. . Jill has already purchased our tickets on the OFFICIAL SITES to places like the Prado, Louvre, Accademia, Uffizi, etc. (Reserve your date AND time :) )

Me, I purchased our tickets for the important things, like the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine tour. I am also cutting my trip to the Louvre short and leaving Jill to wander its halls. I made arrangements to have some real fun working at a small, family bakery for a couple of hours. :)

I did install an easy to use pedestrian-friendly route finder app onto Jill's phone so that she can wander Paris freely, should she decide to go all tourist mad-shopper on me, and wants to leave me behind.

Anyway, I am most looking forward to my time on Camino. . . the other stuff is just icing on the cake :)
A great itinerary, Dave! I've been to several of your road trip destinations and you have picked some lovely ones! Rocamadour is really special. I forfeited the Louve and replaced it with the Museo de Orsay. A tad smaller and I love the impressionists.

• Ferrol
  • Puentedeume
  • Betanzos
  • A Rua
  • A Lameira
  • Santiago de Compostela
  • Madrid
  • Paris
  • Rocamadour
  • Marseilles
  • Florence
  • Lake Como/Torno
  • Lucerne
  • Mittenwald
  • Salzburg
  • Nuremberg
  • Frankfurt

Your trip sounds amazing! I've been home a week today and still so grateful for my post-Camino journey (mostly Ireland and Scotland). Buen Camino...and beyond!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
  • Ferrol
  • Puentedeume
  • Betanzos
  • A Rua
  • A Lameira
  • Santiago de Compostela
  • Madrid
  • Paris
  • Rocamadour
  • Marseilles
  • Florence
  • Lake Como/Torno
  • Lucerne
  • Mittenwald
  • Salzburg
  • Nuremberg
  • Frankfurt

Watch out for the lunatic Italian drivers. Remember to park your car in Paris and Madrid. Get those Metro passes. But you will both have your Camino legs so what better place to walk than Paris. I have been to six of the places on your list. Maybe you will see George Clooney in Lake Como! Como and Lucerne are just beautiful! You will see your Euros running out of your wallet in those places ;). Buen Camino and I really miss Paris so so much.

It sounds like a marvelous plan.

I like the Louvre partially because it was itself a place of history, being a former royal palace. There is a section devoted to medieval art history with a few pilgrim related artifacts. The Mona Lisa is nice too ... stopping to see her is perhaps reminiscent of the hordes descending upon Santiago.

• Ferrol
  • Puentedeume
  • Betanzos
  • A Rua
  • A Lameira
  • Santiago de Compostela
  • Madrid
  • Paris
  • Rocamadour
  • Marseilles
  • Florence
  • Lake Como/Torno
  • Lucerne
  • Mittenwald
  • Salzburg
  • Nuremberg
  • Frankfurt

Hi, Dave,

Salzburg is just 3 hrs drive away from me:
If you'll have enough time we can meet.
This is just something I did few years ago when my hometown was Europe's green capital:

But back to the CI. Why not stay in Albergue de Neda. Very nice short day from Ferrol, beautiful setting at the beginning of the estuary, large lawn in front of it, fully equipped kitchen etc.

Also albergue in Mino? Think about it.

Next time I'll walk Ingles I want to try the seaside option between Pontedeume and Mino. Can't remember which forum member posted the description but search for it in CI subforum. It seems quite easy to orientate and find the right way.

Anyway, Buen Camino :)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Because of your extremely detailed recollection of the Ingles you posted on about to Davebugg, of course.😊
I'm amazing, I can admit :D
I do know what exactly happened on March 6th 1970 at exactly 22:40 but I don't have any recollection ;)
OTOH I'm sure I was swearing big time, hahaha.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Dave,

Salzburg is just 3 hrs drive away from me:
If you'll have enough time we can meet.
This is just something I did few years ago when my hometown was Europe's green capital:

But back to the CI. Why not stay in Albergue de Neda. Very nice short day from Ferrol, beautiful setting at the beginning of the estuary, large lawn in front of it, fully equipped kitchen etc.

Also albergue in Mino? Think about it.

Next time I'll walk Ingles I want to try the seaside option between Pontedeume and Mino. Can't remember which forum member posted the description but search for it in CI subforum. It seems quite easy to orientate and find the right way.

Anyway, Buen Camino :)

That is gorgeous there :)

Neda is just too short a day, but I'll take a look at the seaside option you've mentioned. I'll see if I can find it on the Ingles forum.

Thank you for your tips and thoughts :)

Watch out for the lunatic Italian drivers. Remember to park your car in Paris and Madrid. Get those Metro passes. But you will both have your Camino legs so what better place to walk than Paris. I have been to six of the places on your list. Maybe you will see George Clooney in Lake Como! Como and Lucerne are just beautiful! You will see your Euros running out of your wallet in those places ;). Buen Camino and I really miss Paris so so much.

LOL!!!! I'll keep the drivers in mind :) We won't pick up the car until the morning we leave Paris. Both Madrid and Paris will be public transport and pedestrian. We fly out of SdC to Madrid. Then we fly from Madrid to Paris.

The same with places like Florence and Salzburg. . too many fines and car restrictions so we are staying out of the main cities at Airbnb's. It is only a short walk to anywhere in those old city areas.

I take your point about the Euro-depletion :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
LOL!!!! I'll keep the drivers in mind :) We won't pick up the car until the morning we leave Paris. Both Madrid and Paris will be public transport and pedestrian. We fly out of SdC to Madrid. Then we fly from Madrid to Paris.

The same with places like Florence and Salzburg. . too many fines and car restrictions so we are staying out of the main cities at Airbnb's. It is only a short walk to anywhere in those old city areas.

The northern Italian drivers are like professional traffic safety instructors compared to the southern Italian drivers.

It will be an experience.

The northern Italian drivers are like professional traffic safety instructors compared to the southern Italian drivers.

It will be an experience.

I spent 3 years driving in Europe, so it won't be unexpected. But, yeah, I'm happy to stay in Northern Italy. :)

Have the best trip possible.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.