• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino App?

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi Earlier this year , August,I walked a section of the Norte route. Wonderful experience. I used a great app on my iPhone which helped enormously for finding wYs in and out of towns. My phone died (rainwater) and that was a liberating experience in itself. However I am planning a full route walk for next summer and cannot remember the app I used.
It was free and I recall blue in background and used GPS and had maps. It was brilliant. Does anybody know of what app I am talking? Any help appreciated.

Regards and Buen Camino
Petet

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Buen Camino app is free, but you do have to purchase the Camino route.
You may have been using the Wisely Camino Forum Places app, which is free.
There is also an app called Cno. Santiago, which is also free, and only provides the maps of
Instituto Geográfico Nacional with the Camino route indicated.
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I haven't been charged for the last few routes that I have downloaded, and neither have my friends who have recently installed this app.
Your comment made me wonder if and what I've paid for Buen Camino. I have to say that of the various Camino apps that I've had a look at, Buen Camino appealed the most to me. According to my purchasing history:

May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James - 0,00 €​
May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, French Route - 0,00 €​
May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, Camino Inglés (A Coruña) - 3,49 €​
August 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, Northern Route - 0,00 €​

I don't quite understand this but I have to admit that I don't pay much attention to app charges when they are so low. FWIW.

I haven't been charged for the last few routes that I have downloaded, and neither have my friends who have recently installed this app.
I wanted to download the Português as recently as last week, and the app wanted a payment.
Mind you, it's not a huge payment, a few euros.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Your comment made me wonder if and what I've paid for Buen Camino. I have to say that of the various Camino apps that I've had a look at, Buen Camino appealed the most to me. According to my purchasing history:

May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James - 0,00 €​
May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, French Route - 0,00 €​
May 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, Camino Inglés (A Coruña) - 3,49 €​
August 2019: Guide of the Way of St James, Northern Route - 0,00 €​

I don't quite understand this but I have to admit that I don't pay much attention to app charges when they are so low. FWIW.
I agree with the low charges.
I paid something like 4 € for the Norte.
I haven't downloaded any others as I have found free alternatives.

Thanks folks.
Just downloaded 3 guides Norte French and Portuguese all free!

Thanks again for your help.
Peter

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Earlier this year , August,I walked a section of the Norte route. Wonderful experience. I used a great app on my iPhone which helped enormously for finding wYs in and out of towns. My phone died (rainwater) and that was a liberating experience in itself. However I am planning a full route walk for next summer and cannot remember the app I used.
It was free and I recall blue in background and used GPS and had maps. It was brilliant. Does anybody know of what app I am talking? Any help appreciated.

Regards and Buen Camino
Petet
Buen Camino
The best of them all for all the caminos it covers

Planning ahead for the next Camino and want to improve the experience if possible. On our recent Camino from Porto we stayed at some albergues which were always on the Camino route. On other occasions we stayed at private homes or hotels. Biggest problem was finding the best place to leave the Camino to get to the non-albergue accommodations. We did not use an app. I used Google Maps to find the addresses but in one case we walked all over the town to get to the private house and it turned out it was only 300 meters from the Camino path but we had no idea. Do the apps show the Camino path in relation to the streets in the towns adjacent to the Camino path? Can you do a search within the app to find the address you need to go to? Thanks

Do the apps show the Camino path in relation to the streets in the towns adjacent to the Camino path?
Yes, in the Buen Camino app you can see the Camino in relation to either Google Maps on Android, or Apple Maps on iPhone.
Can you do a search within the app to find the address you need to go to?
If the accommodation is an albergue, pensión or hostal that is listed on the Buen Camino app, there's a How to Get Here button.

20191125_193307.jpg20191125_193421.jpg

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, in the Buen Camino app you can see the Camino in relation to either Google Maps on Android, or Apple Maps on iPhone.

If the accommodation is an albergue, pensión or hostal that is listed on the Buen Camino app, there's a How to Get Here button.

View attachment 67049View attachment 67050
Thanks! I'm going to download it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.