• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Aragonés

reg.mar

Time of past OR future Camino
camino aragones
Hi all Pilgrims
I would like to thank you for your advices in your posts. We collect instructions here for our future journey.
We want to walk the Aragon way and we would like to visit Ruesta, Sanguesse, Javier, Leyre and Lumbier too, but I can not find exact informations about this area on the Internet. Could I ask you for some advice.
1. Does the way still lead from Artieda along the south side of the reservoir through Ruesta and further into Sanguessa and it is good marked?
2. Does lead some marked path from Sangeusa towards Javier and Leyre? Or it is necessary to go down the road or can we take the bus? How many kilometers is for walk?
3. And does exist some marked way from Leyre to Lumbier and from Lumbier back to the main camino.
Thank you for your replays in advance.
Marie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Marie
I suggest you send for the CSJ guide; Toulouse to Puente la Reina It will give you all the directions you need for the Aragones.
I walked it last May. Very scenic and interesting Camino.
1. We walked the South side of the reservoir to Ruesta and had no problems with waymarking.
2.There are signs towards Javier but we walked from Sanguesa through Foz de Lumbier so I can't speak for the way from Javier or Leyre.
Lots of info about those routes in the guide though. I'm sure you will find what you need there .
Hope this helps
Heather

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have twice walked the route on the southern side and found it well-marked. You will have no trouble. The northern side is less well-marked (well, it really isn't at all) and I found myself in the middle of a field with a shepherd showing me the GPS and google map in his IPhone (only on the Camino!!!), but it has the reward of the hot springs at Tiermas at Km 336--- there is much walking along the side of the carretera and only one place for water, so it is not agreeable. Unless you are a hot springs fan, stick to the southern route through Ruesta.

Sanguesa to Javier is about 10km and a further 8-9km to Leyre. The way is not marked, and while most of it is along the carretera, google maps shows a way from Javier to Sanguesa which avoids the N-5410-- it is parallel to it, to the north, and leads from the castle at Javier. While I did not follow it, I saw it from the road and saw that it was easily done. In any case, the carretera (N-5410) is not that busy.

I have no information or experience on Lumbier.

Hi Marie
I suggest you send for the CSJ guide; Toulouse to Puente la Reina It will give you all the directions you need for the Aragones.
I walked it last May. Very scenic and interesting Camino.
1. We walked the South side of the reservoir to Ruesta and had no problems with waymarking.
2.There are signs towards Javier but we walked from Sanguesa through Foz de Lumbier so I can't speak for the way from Javier or Leyre.
Lots of info about those routes in the guide though. I'm sure you will find what you need there .
Hope this helps
Heather

Where does one find the CSJ guide mentioned in your post ?
thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back