• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Aragones August 2012

grey

I'm seeking counsel and discussion on Camino Aragones for late August 2012. Will train from Paris to Oloron Sainte Marie and then walk via Col de Somport to Burgos.
Did Camino Frances Sep/Oct 2010. Absolutely fantastic and moving physical and spiritual experience. Had more time then but now must split it up. Plan to walk until late September at a leisurely pace.
Appreciate any info on albergues, hotels etc. and key sites. Thanks very much.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
This was our list of accommodation 3 years ago.

Oloron Ste Marie - Has pilgrim accommodation: Relais du Bastet, 12, place de la RĂ©sistance
Tel. 06 77 19 82 85 12,50 € per night 2€ for sheets. http://www.relaisdubastet.fr

Sarrance – 9th June – 21km: Rooms Booked via email
Has a monastery, phone in advance: Or, book at Les Fontaines d’Escot, a former monastery and St James study Centre has been for centuries a refuge for St James pilgrims. They are 200m from the path, you just have to cross the river bridge about 3km before Sarrance. They offer special discounts for pilgrims: http://fontaines.selfip.com/pyrenees-ba ... -rooms.php

Borce – 10th June - : Has pilgrim accommodation – a little chapel (St.James) with gite d'etape for 6 persons and one little bar/food store. The chapel/gite is the first building on the left side when entering the village” If that is full, there is the Gite Communal in town that has dormitory accommodation for about €10

CANFRANC Estacion – 11th June – 25km: Can Book ahead
Pepito Grillo.Habitaciones hostel multiple sleep-sac, should be open all year. Price: 8€ Tel: 974-37-31-23 : 4 bed room 56.00 € - Habitación 4 personas Incl breakfast.
Also La Tuca Casa Rurul - €20 double http://www.lospirineos.info/latuca/reservas.htm

JACA – 12th June – 25km: Can’t book – new albergue – 2 beds in a cubicle
http://www.casamamre.org/mamre/index.ph ... =view&id=7 18€ triple room or 14€ pilgrims’ room. (Closed 10 – 14 June)
Refugio, newly built, Tel: 974-35-51-16. Excellent rehabilitation of the old hospital of pilgrims in the streets Conde Aznar. 6€
Suggest Taxi to San Juan de la Pena The price is about € 35 round trip plus waiting time for the taxi driver so they can see the Monastery. San Juan: 10am – 2pm and 3pm – 8pm. 6€ pilgrims Or there is a bus.
Don’t walk down! Exceedingly steep, rocky, gruelling path – not for the fainthearted!

Santa Cicila – wonderful albergue, kitchen and Internet room upstairs. Cant Book

ARRES – 13th June – 25km: Can’t Book
Shelter, run by hospital volunteers, comfortable and fraternal, has 20 beds. http://www.santacilia.es/

RUESTA - 14th June – 28km: Can’t book Refuge in the two houses rehabilitated. 72 in bunk beds, hot water, heating, blankets, lounge and dining room. Sleep is 10 € - breakfast 3.50€ more. They also provide meals for 7 euros and prepare food bags for 4 euros. Phone: 948-39-80-82. http://www.ruesta.com/precios.htm

SANGÜESA – 15th June - 22km: Can’t Book Refuge in Labrit street on the way into town. Run by the Daughters of Charity, who kept clean and cozy. It is essential to have a credential. Keys from the City residence. Phone: 948-87-00-42. 8€
Or: Pilgrim beds available at the camp site next to the river
Hotel Yamaguchi. Tel: 948-87-01-27; double with bath, from 40 euros.
The pension Navas. Tel: 948-87-00-77; double with shared bath, 25 euros.

Izco – 16th June - 18km Can’t Book Refugio, new construction. Eight beds in bunks, with hot water, kitchen and lounge. Open from May 15 to October 15. The keys are in the sale of Izco. Phone: 948-36-21-29. It costs 6€

Monreal – 17th June - 10km Can’t book 6€ Albergue de Monreal - calle de La Corte,nº 1

Eunate 18th June – Albergue attached to the church
7 mattresses on the floor – wonderful meal and breakfast, special blessing in the church.

Pamplona – 19th June: 20.5km Walk to Pamplona

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am hesitant to add anything to the depth of naterial that Sil has so ably supplied! But I stayed in the Hostal Aysa in Somport in 2008 - 17 euros then for a bed - meals available, and it can be booked in advance. Photo to the right shows the scene next morning -with the metal statue of a pilgrim standing in the snow looking west toward St James. And yes - it was cold!

Arres was one of the best little albergues I stayed in - made better by the Italian hospitalero.

grey said:
I'm seeking counsel and discussion on Camino Aragones for late August 2012. Will train from Paris to Oloron Sainte Marie and then walk via Col de Somport to Burgos.
Did Camino Frances Sep/Oct 2010. Absolutely fantastic and moving physical and spiritual experience. Had more time then but now must split it up. Plan to walk until late September at a leisurely pace.
Appreciate any info on albergues, hotels etc. and key sites. Thanks very much.

I am starting from Somport on 18 September and so our paths wont cross. I believe that there are not many pilgrims on this route. I s anyone else planning to walk in September?

jennysa said:
I am starting from Somport on 18 September and so our paths wont cross. I believe that there are not many pilgrims on this route. I s anyone else planning to walk in September?
Annakappa and me will start our walk to SdC on 18 September from Jaca. That's the day after our long voyage from Costa Rica. Si Dios quiere!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
fraluchi said:
jennysa said:
Annakappa and me will start our walk to SdC on 18 September from Jaca. That's the day after our long voyage from Costa Rica. Si Dios quiere!

That is great news and I am so happy to find someone else walking at the same time. I am sure that Dios quiere and that our paths will cross. I fly over from South Africa to Madrid, via Dubai, then I believe I have to catch about 3 buses to get to Jaca, arriving in the evening of the 17th. I was planning to catch an early bus to Somport on the morning of the 18th, and walk back to Jaca, so you will be 1 day ahead of me then. Are you planning to visit the monastery at Jaca?

Jenny! I just sent you a PM. We do hope to visit the Monastery, which is one of the reasons we decided to walk the Aragonés. I' sure we Will meet up with you. Anne

fraluchi said:
No quite! It'll probably be the 19th September because our plane from Madrid to Pamplona arrives too late for us to take the bus to Jaca. So on the 17th stay in Pamplona, 18th stay in Jaca, and 19th....."¡adelante!" :wink:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I got a WhatsApp a little bit ago and also saw here on the forum that @Vacajoe posted that the pilgrim albergue in Canfranc Pueblo will be opening April 16.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back