A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino arrows in Paris and First Stamp Church Paris

Camino T-shirt

TheSparrow

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese (2019) Walked Tomar to Coimbra - Porto to Ponte Vedra - Spiritual Variant to Santiago
Bonjour!

I wrote a blog post today about my finding camino arrows and first stamp church in Paris France! I hope this helps and adds to some information you might be looking for.
The Sparrow

Last edited:

TheSparrow

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese (2019) Walked Tomar to Coimbra - Porto to Ponte Vedra - Spiritual Variant to Santiago
of course!

thank you!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
Without referring me to your blog, can you clarify what you mean by "first stamp church"?

TheSparrow

Camino(s) past & future
Without referring me to your blog, can you clarify what you mean by "first stamp church"?
on my blog i tell the location and show images of the church that is the traditional first stamp or paris exit out on camino south. my blog is not monetized if that is what bothers you.

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
on my blog i tell the location and show images of the church that is the traditional first stamp or paris exit out on camino south. my blog is not monetized if that is what bothers you.
I don't look at anyone's blogs anymore.

I followed the arrows from the Cathedral in St Denis to Notre Dame a few years ago, and then a bit past the Latin Quarter, but I haven't been to this church before. Thanks for the info.

The Tour de St Jacques was a traditional starting point for pilgrims. I guess a few places have historical claims.

TheSparrow

Camino(s) past & future
I have an image on my blog of the tower! Yes, everyone met at the tower and then care and meals at Saint-Jacques du Haut-Pas. Then stamps happened some point and maybe they gave stamps too maybe? My friend got a stamp there and I have a pic of that too. I saw the history of the sello once, and it was a way to discourage "cheating" on the camino since long ago road side vendors sold knock off compostela!! The stamps I guess became the most reliable measure of walking. :))

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 270 24.2%