• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino August 2020

lozelizabeth

Time of past OR future Camino
French (2020)
Portuguese way (2020)
Portuguese coastal way (2020)
Hi all,
Thinking about doing the French way or Portugal coastal beginning/second week of August( last minute plan). Unsure at the moment about travel from and back into the UK but planning nonetheless.
Is anyone else travelling from UK around this time or planning to do either route in August?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi all,
Thinking about doing the French way or Portugal coastal beginning/second week of August( last minute plan). Unsure at the moment about travel from and back into the UK but planning nonetheless.
Is anyone else travelling from UK around this time or planning to do either route in August?
My son and I are scheduled to walk the Frances beginning the 2nd week in August. However, we're leaving from US. Odds are we'll have to cancel given travel restrictions between US and Europe. Good luck!!!!

I have plans to do the Portugal Way in August, but am waiting a few weeks to figure out if we need to cancel. We will be traveling from the US as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all,

I'm hoping to do a Portuguese route this year, August or Sept from UK. Mark

I'm thinking of Camino Portuguese in September - Portugal is open to UK at the moment and I'm hoping that by September there will be enough accommodation options - whether Spain will let us in by then is another matter, so might just have to turn around at the border and do the Portugal section in reverse!

I WAS going to walk from Le Puy to Santiago starting mid-August (I'm also from US), but have changed departure date to 1 Oct - but not from Le Puy. IF I still go, I'll walk only in Spain, for a shorter time, maybe re-walk the Inglés and then from Ponferrada to Santiago... flexibility is the name of the game these days ;)
In the meantime, I'm re-walking Hadrian's Wall Path virtually! It's wonderful!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My son and I are scheduled to walk the Frances beginning the 2nd week in August. However, we're leaving from US. Odds are we'll have to cancel given travel restrictions between US and Europe. Good luck!!!!
me too..

I'm hoping to start the Northern camino on July 9th from Santander. Planning to fly in from London.

Hi all,
I will be doing the Camino from Madrid connecting to the Camino Frances in August (if they are allowing flights from the US at that time). I have my flights booked for July 24th into Madrid begin walking the 25th, My plan is to take my time and arrive in Santiago around Sept 15-20th. Returning to the US on Sept 24.

I'll be traveling as a Solo Traveler. I did this in 2017 and found it easy to navigate as a solo traveler. I just arrived in towns and found Albergues. Never was a problem (I walked Aug - Oct in 2017)

Perhaps we'll cross paths. If you want to connect while you are there send me a message. We'll stay in touch and see where our paths may cross along The Way

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Planning first Camino, just the last 100 km of French way in early August, from USA. My understanding is as of July 1, Spain is dropping quarantine for travelers from many countries. Still, much can happen between now and early August.

Every day, I think about the pros and cons of walking the French Way again, or maybe the Ingles from Ferrol, or even the loop from Santiago to Muxia and Finisterre.

I'd like to see how things progress over the next few weeks, here and in Spain too, before making a decision on whether I can walk again this year.

Late August is a great time to start.

Hi all,
Hello. I'm walking from SJPP to Logroño from 9-17 Aug (with rest day in Pamplona). I'm flying into Biarritz on Sat 8 Aug and, in light of the current Covid-19 situation, mostly staying in hotels (not so cheap, but it doesn't take too much to stop me from sleeping in a dormitory), though I have booked a bed in the Refuge Orisson to break up my walk up and over the Pyrenees.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Planning first Camino, just the last 100 km of French way in early August, from USA. My understanding is as of July 1, Spain is dropping quarantine for travelers from many countries. Still, much can happen between now and early August.
You might want to bookmark this official EU website that has information about who is allowed where and when.

Hi all,

I imagine you will have heard about the 'Air Bridges' that the British Government is introducing next week, so entry to France should not be a problem. However, the French Government is currently requesting visitors to fill in an attestation form (you can access this through the Gov.UK website). I don't know if this will be necessary in August, but it might be worth printing them (there are two forms) out in case you need to hand it over.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We canceled our flights last week. Good luck and may God bless all who are able to walk this year.

Hi all,
Hello. I'm walking the St Jean Pied De Port to Logroño stage from 9 August (flying from Stansted to Biarritz on 8 August), so hoping that all will be well. However, I'll only be staying at hostals and hotels (apart from Refuge Orisson), so I don't know the situation regarding albergues. Steve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all,

I'm also from UK and wanting to do Frances again. I'm checking forums etc daily as saw youtube think it was from this forum and first foreign pilgrim reached Santiago other day.
I'm hoping it will soon get bit more busier but if worst comes to worst I will do it in winter. I will fly into Bilbao from Manchester then if bus's are back in service go to Bayonne, train to St Jean.

Hello. I'm walking the St Jean Pied De Port to Logroño stage from 9 August (flying from Stansted to Biarritz on 8 August), so hoping that all will be well. However, I'll only be staying at hostals and hotels (apart from Refuge Orisson), so I don't know the situation regarding albergues. Steve
you're going to be able to update from time to time, right? i've never walked so far, but planning. really interested if you could keep updating, am interested how it goes with all this pandemic? thanks

Hi all,

I was planning on doing the Camino Frances in early September, leaving from Manchester, and have been thinking about bailing because of recent travel changes. But it gives me hope that others are thinking of going ahead, so I thank you, and I'd love to hear how you get on if you go through with it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back