• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino Baztan and Aragonés in September 2021???

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Saxon

Time of past OR future Camino
Invierno 2023
I know it's still a bit early to be asking, but wondering what folks have any insight as to how likely or unlikely it may be that albergues on the Camino Baztan (Bayonne to Pamplona) and the Camino Aragonés (Puenta la Reina) will be open for business in September, 2021. Would especially like to hear from anyone who has walked or is planning to walk these routes in 2021 or lives in France or Spain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I plan on walking four routes including the Aragones starting September 1 2021 so I too am interested. I've been in contact with the Mozarabe Association and they seem confident all will be open in September.🙏🏻

Currently, on the Aragones, the munis albergues of Jaca and Arrés are closed.
The camino Aragones is doable, but requires a little bit of logistic planning.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I know it's still a bit early to be asking, but wondering what folks have any insight as to how likely or unlikely it may be that albergues on the Camino Baztan (Bayonne to Pamplona) and the Camino Aragonés (Puenta la Reina) will be open for business in September, 2021. Would especially like to hear from anyone who has walked or is planning to walk these routes in 2021 or lives in France or Spain.
Ohhh, so jealous!
I can’t answer your question specifically but will offer two cents:
re the Baztan: accommodations (and even bars) were not plentiful when I walked in 2017. Please consider booking in advance— I would imagine that pre-booking would provide the information you need. I did not prebook, (and I do not speak French, Spanish, nor Basque) and the added stress was considerable. The camino DID provide, however. I walked without a guide book, so Gronze.com was helpful. As was booking.com. Buen camino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back