• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Buff - You know you want one!

WalkMWalk

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2014 - God willing
  1. I am now working on a new order so let them know that they can put in an order even if not a member of the Forum. I have received about 20 requests from APOC members that paid through the paypal link here on the Forum:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

I would love to put in another order by May so that people who are walking in the summer/fall will have them.
  2. For further details please see the Buff thread: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/buffs-camino-design.10034/page-3
Sorry, I am copy/paste disaster (hopefully not a skill required of a good pilgrim!)

According to the above thread we are about 20 orders shy of completing the second printing. I just want to get the word out again to we can hit the magic number of 50. I believe the second link gives all the info and is currently updating on page 4.

Oh, oh, oh - I am not placing the order myself, please use the above links for additional questions - I am just trying to strike up interest!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So this is the buff arranged by LTfit or is this another one? I already ordered one fro LTfit.

Camino Buff
Sorry...but can you enlighten us non-Americans what a Buff is? The dictionary doesn't help either, it says:
buff 1 |bʌf|
noun [ mass noun ]
1 a yellowish-beige colour: [ as modifier ] : a buff envelope.
2 a stout dull yellow leather with a velvety surface.
3 [ count noun ] a stick, wheel, or pad used for polishing.
verb [ with obj. ]
polish (something): he buffed the glass until it gleamed.
• give (leather) a velvety finish by removing the surface of the grain.
adjectiveN. Amer. informal
(of a person or their body) in good physical shape with well-developed muscles: the driver was a buff blond named March.
PHRASES
in the buff informal naked. people generally don't go swimming in the buff in public places.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
DUTCH - this is the buff arranged by LTfit. Just wanted to try to get more interest in it and 'bump it up' so newcomers might see it. They have completed the first shipment of 50 back in January and are working on the next order of 50.... would be great to get to 50 so those walking in summer and fall might get theirs before their pilgrimages.

PANO - a buff is a kind of stretchy neck gaiter. It can be used as a headband, a hat, a ear warmer, etc. Go to the link and start on page 3. It will reference you back to Camino resources, I believe, with a picture of the buff. On page 4 I think there is a graphic of the many different ways to wear it. If you remember from the original SURVIVOR television series, the survivors had them to wear. Some of the girls - the skinny ones - wore them as a shirt. Not wearing mine as a shirt.... would not be pretty.... right up there with hanging my 'drawers' out on the line at the albuergues!! Hope this helps. I've ordered two - one for me and my walking buddy M. Would love to get the order to 50 soon. Buen Camino!

I love my buff. So useful in so many ways. I wear it all day to keep the sun of my neck. If it is hot I soak it and it helps keep me cool. In cold weather it keeps my mouth and chin warm. It's good as a wash cloth too.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
  1. I am now working on a new order so let them know that they can put in an order even if not a member of the Forum. I have received about 20 requests from APOC members that paid through the paypal link here on the Forum:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

I would love to put in another order by May so that people who are walking in the summer/fall will have them.
  2. For further details please see the Buff thread: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/buffs-camino-design.10034/page-3
Sorry, I am copy/paste disaster (hopefully not a skill required of a good pilgrim!)

According to the above thread we are about 20 orders shy of completing the second printing. I just want to get the word out again to we can hit the magic number of 50. I believe the second link gives all the info and is currently updating on page 4.

Oh, oh, oh - I am not placing the order myself, please use the above links for additional questions - I am just trying to strike up interest!

I'm going to cut/paste this onto Facebook. Hope you don't mind.

Just so not to confuse anyone. This thread refers to the ORIGINAL orders which I have working on since last year. After a successful first production I am working on a second order. As of today I have received 40 orders. The minimum amount is 50. A Camino friend and fellow facebook user Adriana Tover has started a new FB page with Camino products. I also received a few orders through that.
I am not actively marketing the Camino Buff but this is just due to my heavy work schedule which has also kept me from actively participating and moderating.
As it is a "product" I am not allowed to bump up a thread. @WalkMWalk decided to start this thread.
PLEASE use the original thread otherwise one of my fellow moderators may delete the thread;) or merge.
Thanks for your understanding.

Sorry for causing problems ~ just trying to get interest going to reach the magic number of 50

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am SO pleased to see it wasn't just me who didn't know what a buff was.
I imagined, in my ignorance, that it was some sort of advice to complete the Camino in the buff. Although I'm off in a fortnight to the Ingles, I don't think it will be warm enough to cover the entire distance in the buff.
If I do finally decide to walk in the buff, am I at least permitted to wear walking shoes?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am SO pleased to see it wasn't just me who didn't know what a buff was.
I imagined, in my ignorance, that it was some sort of advice to complete the Camino in the buff. Although I'm off in a fortnight to the Ingles, I don't think it will be warm enough to cover the entire distance in the buff.
If I do finally decide to walk in the buff, am I at least permitted to wear walking shoes?
You may need to be buff to walk in the buff and you cannot wear a buff because then you are not really in the buff. its a bit like humility, once you think you have it you loose it. :):)

Last edited:
Camino Buff
Sorry...but can you enlighten us non-Americans what a Buff is? The dictionary doesn't help either, it says:
buff 1 |bʌf|
noun [ mass noun ]
1 a yellowish-beige colour: [ as modifier ] : a buff envelope.
2 a stout dull yellow leather with a velvety surface.
3 [ count noun ] a stick, wheel, or pad used for polishing.
verb [ with obj. ]
polish (something): he buffed the glass until it gleamed.
• give (leather) a velvety finish by removing the surface of the grain.
adjectiveN. Amer. informal
(of a person or their body) in good physical shape with well-developed muscles: the driver was a buff blond named March.
PHRASES
in the buff informal naked. people generally don't go swimming in the buff in public places.

Thank you PANO. I am American and I have no clue what is being alluded to as a " Buff".

Noah

No problem @WalkMWalk , just wanted to clarify the situation to new members who may not be aware of the initial discussion.

I, too, would like to be able to make a new order asap so that I can get them out before the summer and my Camino.

Could you provide instructions how to place an order for two [2] of the Camino Buffs? Now that I know what a buff is, I would love to have two [2] of them.

I am departing for my Camino from Indianapolis on 9 SEP 14.

Thanks!

Noah

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Could you provide instructions how to place an order for two [2] of the Camino Buffs? Now that I know what a buff is, I would love to have two [2] of them.

I am departing for my Camino from Indianapolis on 9 SEP 14.

Thanks!

Noah

www.facebook.com/TrekCaminoForDiabetesCure

Ok Arkbuilder can I help you to order this is the forum resources http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
If you would like more than one, you need to enter each order separately. As soon as Ltfitt has received payment for at least 50, she will place an order. We are now at 40.
So folks place your order and she will keep you all informed when we reach 50.

No problem @WalkMWalk , just wanted to clarify the situation to new members who may not be aware of the initial discussion.

I, too, would like to be able to make a new order asap so that I can get them out before the summer and my Camino.

Thanks to all who helped me to understand what is a "buff" [ especially Pilgrim B ].

Now that I've seen the video, I ordered through PayPal two [2] separate orders [ you can not change the quantities ] for the same address. Someone asked me on Camino Marketplace what a buff is and I answered [ now that I know, I am very proud that I can answer these questions!! ha ha. ] and posted the link for her to find the video [ which is outstanding!! ] so she could see what and how to use it.

Thanks again for getting these. They will be great to have on Camino.

I hope I can get mine before I leave 9 SEP 14.

Noah

LTfit, someone else just posted in the four page thread in RESOURCES about how to order one. I referred them to a previous post on how to get in touch with you. Seems people see some sort of a webcam when they click the link. I never had a problem. Excited we are clicking them away one by one. If we get close, I might just have to order one more!

Once again, THANK YOU for doing this and getting this all organized and put together. We will also leave for our Camino in early September.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
LTfit, someone else just posted in the four page thread in RESOURCES about how to order one. I referred them to a previous post on how to get in touch with you. Seems people see some sort of a webcam when they click the link. I never had a problem. Excited we are clicking them away one by one. If we get close, I might just have to order one more!

Once again, THANK YOU for doing this and getting this all organized and put together. We will also leave for our Camino in early September.

Amen to that WalkCWalk!

Hope to cross paths with you on Camino. Do you have a firm date yet?

Now that I've seen the video [ which is GREAT and entertaining ], I am looking forward to getting a couple of them.

I am very grateful for LTfit's efforts to get them for as many folks who would like to have one.

¡Buen Camino!

Noah

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.