A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino buff?

Camino(s) past & future
Future not sure when, but want to walk it all probably alone as difficult getting someone to come
Hi daft question every one but, what is a Camino buff? I know you wear it?

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
A camino Buff is a microfiber tube that one can wear about 10 different ways for warmth, cooling, sun protection, and hydration. It also makes a handy pressure bandage, washcloth, and hand towel.

See the home web page: http://www.buffwear.com/

The Buff was invented some years ago by a motorcycle rider in Barcelona, Spain who wanted a skull covering under his helmet to wick perspiration in warm weather and keep his head warm in cold weather.

Once you get to France or Spain, you can obtain several Camino-centric designs, for example, a BUFF with multiple sellos, and one that looks like a WWII pilot's Escape and Evasion map of the Camino and northwest Spain.

I usually carry two, one folded in each rear pants pocket. They really are virtually weightless and their utility is limited by your imagination.

They cost about €16 - 20 each. There are cheap imitations, but why bother? The imitations are usually smaller and more flimsy.

For a few Euro more, you can obtain the 'new' Buff cap. This is a ball cap styled cap that is made from Buff material. It has foam in the brim for stiffness. I believe one size fits all. It fits my 61 cm head...

IMHO, it is a good choice for the only hat you carry if you are not walking in the really hot summer months.

Hope this helps.

I just have been advised by a Forum member that the PayPal link is missing from my Resource. It was there last month so I will ask Ivar.
Back shortly with more information (I hope).
18-05-2018 Still no word from @ivar so if anyone is interested just send me a pm and I will give you PayPal instructions.
Ultreia

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Future not sure when, but want to walk it all probably alone as difficult getting someone to come
Thanks every one great info and gratefully received

LGY

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - May 2018.
I got one at home before I started walking (from Amazon). It was so useful for cold mornings, keeping sun off back of your neck on afternoon, for covering your eyes when trying to sleep, for tying your hair back... invaluable!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%